Roger Federer
Only members can view the other topics or post on this forum.

Please login or register as a new member. It's free!

Using the 'Host an Image' button (to post a picture)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Using the 'Host an Image' button (to post a picture)

Post by Cromar on Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:35 pm

Before you can post an image on the forum, it must be uploaded somewhere on the internet. This is where the Host an Image button can be useful:

Forumotion has an arrangement with Servimg, a free image hosting site, similar to Imgur, Tinypic, Photobucket and the likes and when one clicks on Host an image, it automatically connects to Servimg and uploads the selected image to your (new) account (the system picks up the username and email address from the forum). The image can then be posted on the forum.

Even though the process is pretty transparent and Servimg has no limit on the number of pictures that can be hosted, the maximum image size is limited to 1 Mb and 1024 px. I also read somewhere that there is a limit of 6 images per day, but I am not sure about that. So, if you already have an image hosting site you are happy with, you may want to stick to it.

You don't have to access the account created on Servimg if you don't want to. But if you want to take a look at it and maybe upload other pictures, go to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] In the 'members' box, enter your forum email address and then click "I forgot my password". You will get an email with a new password, then follow their instructions to login.

I found a pretty good user guide for the whole process, with pictures of the various screens, here:
How to upload an images using the 'Host-an-image' button
Cromar

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum