Roger Federer
Only members can view the other topics or post on this forum.

Please login or register as a new member. It's free!

Where are the RF.COM Royalty?!!

Page 13 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Where are the RF.COM Royalty?!!

Post by Cosmo56 on Sat Jul 08, 2017 4:37 am

Thanks, y'all! and Go Roger!

Cosmo56

Back to top Go down

Post by EvaJoya on Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:27 pm

Hi everyone!

I have never been a frequent poster and don't plan to become one Wink yet I grieved for a long time when our good old forum abruptly disappeared, depriving me from precious contacts with one of my families on this planet.

I had kind of found my peace with it when I met Tani, Margo, Doris/LaRubia in Halle. Doris directed me here eventhough I wasn't sure I would reconnect... Yet, when I saw all your familiar names, I couldn't resist Laughing .

So thanks so much, Doris, for nudging me and Lil_jay, Cromar and team for creating/maintaining this special sacred place.

Now we are again all together crossing fingers and toes for another final!

Hopp, Roger! Hopp RF-forum!
EvaJoya

Back to top Go down

Post by pheebe on Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:33 pm

Welcome Evajoya. As someone who doesn't have FB or Twitter and no memberships in any forum other than RF.com I too am still grieving for the loss of the old one. Many of us are I think. There have been explanations posted but it doesn't really make the ache go away.
I am so glad that you decided to join because the return of familiar faces helps to lessen the ache.
pheebe

Back to top Go down

Post by EvaJoya on Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:42 pm

Thank you, pheebe. Like you, I am not a FB girl, and am not (yet?) on Twitter... so without a forum, na way to stay in touch with the RF family.

Losses and changes are part of our earthly experiences... and we just have to survive and overcome, however painful the loss... learning to be like phoenixes, rising again from the ashes.

I am so grateful the phoenix energies manifested in the creation of this new forum... Yeah!!! and Thank You to all who contribute to it!
EvaJoya

Back to top Go down

Post by Márciaf on Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:25 pm

EvaJoya, I saw you at the match thread, but decided to come here first to welcome you. This new "home" created by lil_jay and cromar is extremely friendly, so good that the members of the old forum sort of "discover" us here. Welcome!
Márciaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Matarsakolito on Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:33 am

Hiya all -
So glad to see so many more names than expected on the registered user list..... hello to all the old friends....I did not realize so many were already here!

I thought I would ask about some of our old buddies I don't see.
Feddy? I cannot even recall the digits - does anyone have his full username from old site? Any sign of i_l_w?
Where is krist?

BTW--I saw it was posted that the search 'Federer Forum' brings this forum up first on GOOGLE. This is not the case for me. I tested it agai - still no sign in my first page.... It definitely doesn't com up-

I found this forum through twitter searches in January - lost it, and refound it there again (thanks Sherl!!)- no sign on Google.

Matarsakolito

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar on Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:03 am

Matarsakolito wrote:Hiya all -

BTW--I saw it was posted that the search 'Federer Forum' brings this forum up first on GOOGLE.  This is not the case for me. I tested it agai - still no sign in my first page.... It definitely doesn't com up-

I found this forum through twitter searches in January - lost it, and refound it there again (thanks Sherl!!)- no sign on Google.

If you search for 'Roger Federer Forum', this forum comes up first. But if you enter only 'Federer Forum', it doesn't show up, for some reason!... I am going to see if I there is something we can do about that.
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by EvaJoya on Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:31 pm

Thank you marciaf! Good to be here, back with the RF family...

You have all become even more cherished from having disappeared from my life without the chance to say good-bye... and having been found again. Giving great thanks to Life for the Re-Union Laughing !
EvaJoya

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherl on Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:40 pm

Matarsakolito wrote:Hiya all -
So glad to see so many more names than expected on the registered user list..... hello to all the old friends....I did not realize so many were already here!

I thought I would ask about some of our old buddies I don't see.
Feddy?  I cannot even recall the digits - does anyone have his full username from old site?   Any sign of i_l_w?
Where is krist?

BTW--I saw it was posted that the search 'Federer Forum' brings this forum up first on GOOGLE.  This is not the case for me. I tested it agai - still no sign in my first page.... It definitely doesn't com up-

HEY!!!! So glad to see you friend!!!! cheers

I don't remember Feddy's full username either sadly! No sign of ilw and krist so far, hope they will find us!
Sherl

Back to top Go down

Post by TuTi_fanofRFed on Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:09 am

Hi everyone, hope you all are doing great.

I found out about this forum yesterday just before the Wimbledon final. What a historic win! Very Happy Just before the match I suddenly missed the old forum so with a sense of longing I typed in "Roger Federer Forum" in Google. And, bang, this site came up as a 1st search. Thank you to the fans who have taken efforts in recreating a "Roger home" for us. I have been checking Roger's new website over the last few months, hoping (in vain) that one day the forum feature would be brought back. But I think it's great either way for Roger and us to have separate sites to use, helping to maintain Roger's privacy, security and professionalism.

I hope this website will grow more. I'm sure we're very privileged to even have an opportunity to share our appreciations of Roger's tennis and other works, and additionally to connect with each other upto today. Roger has been managing to keep rejuvenating his game. His longevity in tennis indirectly provides an opportunity for fans interact and have fun.
TuTi_fanofRFed

Back to top Go down

Post by i_l_w on Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:32 am

Is this place for real? Or are you guys figments of my imagination?Smile Off to explore...
Thank you for recreating the old forum and boo to the old man for taking it away from us! Ok, he's kind of redeemed himself somewhat with all this winning, but still...

i_l_w

Back to top Go down

Post by i_l_w on Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:45 am

And thanks for remembering me and all the mentions, dear friends. I am getting a little tear in my eyes. I grieved so much for the old place and all the special people there. Thanks Google for revealing this wonderful and unexpected surprise!
Now I wish I hadn't clicked on classic version though as it's hell to navigate on my phone. No clue how to undo... Smile

i_l_w

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherl on Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:58 am

Good to see you Tutti! And glad you found us ILW!! Your username couldn't be more perfect now Laughing
Sherl

Back to top Go down

Post by cappuccino on Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:02 pm

Welcome EvaJoya, Tuti_fanofRFed Very Happy glad you found us & ... in my best Victor Meldrew voice ... I don't believe it! i_l_w, finally, were your ears burning?! Laughing

So good to see yet more RF.commers joining! cheers

Not ignoring you Matarsakalito, did welcome you on the MT! Laughing
cappuccino

Back to top Go down

Post by Kopetzky on Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:08 pm

The family is steadily growing, soo good to see old friends here again!!!!!!
Welcome, welcome everybody!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Kopetzky

Back to top Go down

Post by Matarsakolito on Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:32 pm

I drank all the whiskey and ate all the chocolate on Sunday i_l_w.

But now you just have to wait for us to share after #20
So glad to see u here.

Matarsakolito

Back to top Go down

Post by RogerNo.1 on Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:41 pm

So many new (old) members here. How wondeRFul!! And just in time to celebrate #19. Welcome to the forum everyone.
RogerNo.1

Back to top Go down

Post by pheebe on Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:35 pm

Let me add my
Willkommen, Bienvenue, Welcome

Oh Happy Happy Days. Roger has won his 8th Wimbledon and all of us friends are gathering again.
May I offer you
or
(for Matarsak)

It's a party, people and you are all invited.
pheebe

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar on Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:01 pm

How nice to see so many new ex-RF forum members joining us. Warm welcome to all!  Very Happy

We hope that you will enjoy your time here and discover that this place has some flavor of the old 'lost' forum, with many names you will most likely recognize, all sharing in the celebrations of our Champion. There couldn't be a better time!  cheers
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by i_l_w on Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:08 pm

Thanks for the welcome, guys, and for the goodies, pheebe. A lesson to Matarsakolito, who knows full well that things are not great on our island and that whiskey and chocolate are all that keeps us going, and yet... *shakes head* Wink
Hope everyone has been keeping well. I wonder how many of even the most optimistic among us ever thought this year's results were possible. Amazing man and lucky us! I want the USO now!!!

i_l_w

Back to top Go down

Post by Kopetzky on Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:23 pm

^^
Dear i_l_w - a little i_l_w is with you I read in a thread above??? Well done and congrats my dear, we need the right tennis fans for the future!!
You were sorely missed and you can't start soon enough to get your baby son used to the fact that you will spend some time here with us all. I for my part am looking forward to it!
Kopetzky

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum