Roger Federer
Only members can view the other topics or post on this forum.

Please login or register as a new member. It's free!

Where are the RF.COM Royalty?!!

Reply to topic

Page 14 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Where are the RF.COM Royalty?!!

Post by Kop8zky on Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:23 pm

^^
Dear i_l_w - a little i_l_w is with you I read in a thread above??? Well done and congrats my dear, we need the right tennis fans for the future!!
You were sorely missed and you can't start soon enough to get your baby son used to the fact that you will spend some time here with us all. I for my part am looking forward to it!

Kop8zky

Back to top Go down

Post by Steerpike60 on Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:48 pm

So great to see more and more RF.commers finding their way here. It would have been awful to not have any place to celebrate this resurgent Roger year!! Welcome everyone!
Steerpike60

Back to top Go down

Post by i_l_w on Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:58 pm

Thanks, Kopetzky! I haven't managed to get him any RF gear yet, but we'll get a cowbell in time for the O2. He'll say Chum jetze before he says mum! So happy to find you again, old friend

i_l_w

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar on Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:20 pm

i_l_w wrote:And thanks for remembering me and all the mentions, dear friends. I am getting a little tear in my eyes. I grieved so much for the old place and all the special people there. Thanks Google for revealing this wonderful and unexpected surprise!
Now I wish I hadn't clicked on classic version though as it's hell to navigate on my phone. No clue how to undo... Smile
Welcome i_l_w!

When on a phone running the Classic (desktop) version, you should see an option Mobile version at the far right of the footer at the bottom of the page. Just click on that.

On the Mobile version, you can revert to Classic mode using the drop down menu on the top right.
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by LaRubia on Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:12 pm

EvaJoya wrote:Hi everyone!

I have never been a frequent poster and don't plan to become one Wink yet I grieved for a long time when our good old forum abruptly disappeared, depriving me from precious contacts with one of my families on this planet.

I had kind of found my peace with it when I met Tani, Margo, Doris/LaRubia in Halle. Doris directed me here eventhough I wasn't sure I would reconnect... Yet, when I saw all your familiar names, I couldn't resist Laughing .

So thanks so much, Doris, for nudging me and Lil_jay, Cromar and team for creating/maintaining this special sacred place.

Now we are again all together crossing fingers and toes for another final!

Hopp, Roger! Hopp RF-forum!

Hi Eva!

You didn't mention in your textmessage that you joined the forum Very Happy
So great that I could convince you to create an account.

Now I have to try to get you on Twitter at least  Laughing

I use FB and Twitter not with my real name as I don't want to let people from my "daily life" find me there  Wink

I think we all will never really get over the loss of Roger's official forum with everything which we left in there but it's great that there is a forum like this one to join us all again and especially the people who don't want to use social media like FB and Twitter.

It's wondeRFul that Roger's preparation in our beautiful little Halle paid off with this historical Wimbledon title.

So proud of our champ!
LaRubia

Back to top Go down

Post by LaRubia on Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:18 pm

Welcome back to all the former RF.com members and Hi to all the people who haven't been with us on the old forum but decided to join the forum now Very Happy
LaRubia

Back to top Go down

Post by wcr on Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:19 pm

Does anyone know the whereabouts of HeartoftheMatter?
wcr

Back to top Go down

Post by tvradke on Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:09 am

Sherl wrote:
Matarsakolito wrote:Hiya all -
So glad to see so many more names than expected on the registered user list..... hello to all the old friends....I did not realize so many were already here!

I thought I would ask about some of our old buddies I don't see.
Feddy?  I cannot even recall the digits - does anyone have his full username from old site?   Any sign of i_l_w?
Where is krist?

BTW--I saw it was posted that the search 'Federer Forum' brings this forum up first on GOOGLE.  This is not the case for me. I tested it agai - still no sign in my first page.... It definitely doesn't com up-

I found this forum through twitter searches in January - lost it, and refound it there again (thanks Sherl!!)- no sign on Google.

HEY!!!! So glad to see you friend!!!! Cheering

I don't remember Feddy's full username either sadly! No sign of ilw and krist so far, hope they will find us!

It was feddy052377
I always suspected it was his birthday. May 23rd 1977. So if it helps finding him, great.

tvradke

Back to top Go down

Post by tvradke on Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:14 am

Is adburton, woodstock on the forum. pheebe might have a way to contact woodstock. Unfortunately I don't have her number. The information was on the RF.com personal messages which is now lost.

tvradke

Back to top Go down

Post by Márc19f on Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:12 am

To all I still didn't welcome, WELCOME!!!!!!!!!

This place is becoming a kind of little family, so nice to be here.

i_l_w, so, we have a new member to the adoring team of RF? Congratulations!!!!!!!!! Cheering
Márc19f

Back to top Go down

Post by Matarsakolito on Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:15 am

Maybe we should start compiling a list of names we remember from the old site who are missing, and just keep adding to it, and some of our internet mining-twitter happy-social media aficionado members can help find them... although I'm OK to leave a few names off (no, not sorry).

Sadly there are those where I have a 'visual' memory of names, but don't recall the actual letters...

feddy052377
krist
mountains
Looner
nacciyar
shacklebolt
volley
HeartoftheMatter
benandmat
woodstock

Matarsakolito

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar on Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:42 am

300 MEMBERS !

That's the milestone we reached two days ago!

Eventsar was our 300th member... Congratulations and Welcome!

And still growing...  We are up to 304 today!

lol!

Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by Looner on Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:31 pm

So someone gave me a link to this thread. I am happy to see some of the old community back and I hope you're all enjoying the resurgence of the Great one once again Smile. I know I certainly am although having got older, my life is less centred around it.

Looner

Back to top Go down

Post by RogerNo.19 on Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:47 pm

Looner wrote:So someone gave me a link to this thread. I am happy to see some of the old community back and I hope you're all enjoying the resurgence of the Great one once again Smile. I know I certainly am although having got older, my life is less centred around it.

Hi Looner. happy you made it here!!!! It was I who contacted you on MTF.  Very Happy
RogerNo.19

Back to top Go down

Post by tvradke on Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:41 am

There are a few fans here who are not active as much as I would love them to be. Rickyroger is on the forum but rarely active, Wiolus too. Even Roger winning Wimbledon hasn't brought them out of their hibernation.

tvradke

Back to top Go down

Post by RogerNo.19 on Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:53 am

tvradke wrote:There are a few fans here who are not active as much as I would love them to be. Rickyroger is on the forum but rarely active, Wiolus too. Even Roger winning Wimbledon hasn't brought them out of their hibernation.
Yeah that's too bad. Maybe they're still bitter that Roger dismantled the forum. I know I was for a while.  Wink
RogerNo.19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherl on Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:13 am

Welcome Looner!!
Sherl

Back to top Go down

Post by Márc19f on Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:32 pm

RogerNo.19 wrote:
tvradke wrote:There are a few fans here who are not active as much as I would love them to be. Rickyroger is on the forum but rarely active, Wiolus too. Even Roger winning Wimbledon hasn't brought them out of their hibernation.
Yeah that's too bad. Maybe they're still bitter that Roger dismantled the forum. I know I was for a while.  Wink

RR wrote some lines when Roger won the AO.

It would be wonderful to read him again.

Welcome Looner! And... who I would love if someone could find TheMoonsaBalloon!
Márc19f

Back to top Go down

Post by cappucc19o on Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:07 pm

Welcome Looner, glad you found us! Very Happy
cappucc19o

Back to top Go down

Post by Wiolus on Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:09 pm

Thanks tvradke – so nice of you to still remember me  Very Happy  I'm flattered! You and Dark Templar have always been my favourite experts and I really miss reading your posts.

And no, no, no – my absence has nothing to do with Roger dismantling RF.com forum. In the spirit of full disclosure: the reason why I haven’t posted is because I think I'm no longer eligible under “Thou shalt have no other tennis players before me” rule  Wink  At the risk of sounding like some other members before  Laughing   Roger is now my number 2 favourite player, while number one is Sascha Zverev. Sorry! Can't help it Embarassed

But I'm still a crazy Roger fan!!! And at slams, it's still all about Roger for me, because my 3 biggest tennis dreams this year have been for Roger to win Wimbledon, US Open and become number 1 again. The first one has already come true (yoo-hoo!!!) and I really believe the other two are going to happen as well. I actually put Roger as my year-end number 1 in my predictions for 2017 in December last year. Back then, even I thought I was crazy, but right now it seems almost certain to happen.

This year has been such a blast tennis-wise for me so far with Roger playing the most magnificent tennis and being head and shoulders above anyone else on tour, and the next generation of players that I have always believed in and loved watching even on challenger streams finally beginning to make their mark. With Roger winning Wimbledon and Australian Open and every other important tournament he entered, and with Sascha winning 3 titles including in Rome (!!!) and reaching Top10, I've been jumping for joy so much this year my legs hurt  Laughing
Wiolus

Back to top Go down

Post by tvradke on Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:06 am

Wiolus, please don't disappear over an imaginary rule. That rule only applies to a few select individuals (Nadal, Djokovic) being in pole position ahead of Roger. When a few other players are discussed, even if there is an emotional investment in some on your behalf, it still enriches the overall experience for everyone else. Roger has only played 7 tournaments all year. The forum becomes a lonely place when Roger isn't playing. Dark Templar as resilient as he is, deserves company on the forum from tennis fans and not just Roger fans. And we need help from fans like you to make that happen.

tvradke

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum