Roger Federer Forum
Only members can read the topics or post on this forum.

Please login or register as a new member. It's free... and may you find some old friends!
Roger Federer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Match for Africa 5, San Jose, Cal. - March 5, 2018

+7
oldlady
Márcia
federerworshipper
Kop8zky
ph∞be
Cromar
Sherl
11 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Normal The Match for Africa 5, San Jose, Cal. - March 5, 2018

Post by Sherl Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:23 pm

Roger will be playing another exho match, this time with Jack Sock!

Sherl
Sherl

Back to top Go down

Normal Re: The Match for Africa 5, San Jose, Cal. - March 5, 2018

Post by Cromar Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:54 am

Match for Africa 5 Silicon Valley

Featuring Roger Federer, Jack Sock, Bill Gates and Savannah Guthrie (Tennis Exhibition)

Add to Calendar:  Monday, March 5, 2018 7:00 PM

Roger Federer welcomes Bill Gates, Savannah Guthrie, and Jack Sock in San Jose for the Match for Africa 5 to benefit children’s education in Africa.

Nineteen-time Grand Slam tennis champion Roger Federer will play his first-ever match in the Bay Area on Monday, March 5, at 7 p.m. Federer will take on American tennis star Jack Sock at the SAP Center in San Jose in an exhibition match to support children’s education in Africa. Celebrity guests Bill Gates and Savannah Guthrie will also take to the court in a celebrity-pro doubles match. Net proceeds benefit the Roger Federer Charitable Fund/Roger Federer Foundation.

“I believe in the power of people. We know that a good education is a decisive factor to empower children by allowing them to take their future into their own hands,” said Federer. “With my foundation, we want to provide one million children with the opportunity for a quality education by the end of 2018. The Match for Africa 5 in San Jose will help us reach our ambitious goals. I am very grateful for this opportunity to collaborate with Bill Gates, who in my opinion is the world’s leading philanthropist.”

As a warm-up, the 19-time Grand Slam champion will team with the Microsoft co-founder and co-chair of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation for a friendly, one-set doubles match against NBC News’ TODAY co-anchor Savannah Guthrie and Jack Sock, the top-ranked American on the ATP Tour. Federer and Sock will then go head-to-head in a best-of-three-sets match that offers the area’s first up-close look at Federer’s legendary game. “Roger and I are 1-0 as a doubles pair after last year’s event, so I’m hoping we can keep the streak alive while raising money for an important cause,” said Gates. “Roger might have a few more Grand Slam titles than I do, but we share a belief that all children deserve a world-class education. His Match for Africa events are a fun way to help make that happen.” “It is quite literally beyond my wildest dreams to be playing with Roger, Jack and Bill - particularly for such an important cause,” said Guthrie. “I’m excited to shine a light on the Federer Foundation’s amazing work, and I will be practicing my forehand morning, noon and night for the next six weeks.” “I’ve been lucky enough to face Roger a few times in my career, but never in support of such an important cause,” said Sock. “I hear Roger’s Match for Africa events are a lot of fun, so I’m looking forward to taking part.”

This is the fifth Match for Africa event for the Roger Federer Foundation, which has given $36 million to support children’s education in six African countries and Federer’s native Switzerland. An estimated 850,000 children across 18 programs have so far benefitted from the foundation’s giving, which emphasizes systemic change and sustainable impact.

Tickets start at $30 and can be purchased starting at 9 a.m. PST on January 26 from the SAP Center Box Office, Ticketmaster.com, or by phone at (800) 745-3000. A limited number of VIP ticket packages are also available, which include premium end-court seats, exclusive hospitality and a unique opportunity to participate in a 20-minute Q&A session with Roger Federer and Jack Sock prior to the night's match.

The Match for Africa 5 – Silicon Valley is presented in partnership with Rolex. Entertainment for the event will be produced by Michael T. Fiur Productions, one of the leading producers of live event and sports spectaculars in the world.

Additional information is available at Match-for-Africa-Siliconvalley.com

Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by ph∞be Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:03 pm

This is absolutely hilarious.

ph∞be
ph∞be

Back to top Go down

Post by Kop8zky Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:12 pm

Enjoy:

Kop8zky
Kop8zky

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:52 am

They are so goofy these two!  Giggle Such an unlikely pair, but just peRFect!
Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:13 am

Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:29 am

Is she excited or not?!  Hee hee

Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by federerworshipper Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:17 pm

^^^
Lucky girl .. her dream came true, and Roger got the bull by the horn, what better than one of US wealthiest and most respected citizens Bill Gates and and a co-anchor from NBC to promote his charity event.

Love the commercial, it's so funny.
federerworshipper
federerworshipper

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Thu Mar 01, 2018 5:41 pm

Roger's message and Savannah's obsession...  She can't sleep anymore!  Hee hee

Only 4 days left, and will see Roger again!  Happy

Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:06 pm

Good news!

Roger has arrived in California (yesterday) and Match for Afrika 5 will be LIVE on Facebook tomorrow: Happy

Monday, March 5 @ 10:10pm ET (7:10pm local time).

Also LIVE on @TennisChannel this Monday @ 10:30 pm ET.

Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:55 am

Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by ph∞be Mon Mar 05, 2018 4:13 pm

It's all starting!

ph∞be
ph∞be

Back to top Go down

Post by Márcia Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:34 pm

I went buy a cable to watch the match at my television (I am really very far from modernity in these electronics things), and now I have almost everything settled on to tonight. I must only settle on myself, because the match is late for me and I am seriously tired these times around. Sleepy
Márcia
Márcia

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:51 pm

Whoa, they are really hyping it up on the TODAY show! That's great fun and great publicity for the cause.

Looking forward to tonight and hope that Savannah does well, she put so much efforts into it.
Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Mon Mar 05, 2018 8:35 pm

Savannah meeting Roger...

The famous trio...

Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content