Roger Federer Forum
Only members can read the topics or post on this forum.

Please login or register as a new member. It's free... and may you find some old friends!
Roger Federer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RF Tennis News 2017

+46
forummember
oldlady
striker
Kop8zky
federerworshipper
skumars
Indybeck71
Márcia
Cromar
Matarsakolito
Lucycanada
InspiredTennis
FedFFL
Sparkle
Federite
MaxUS
UES
angellT
cappucc19o
vrazkar
StrongerThanAll
anutam
fedled
Rufus1
Marcizio14
michelle88
oldfan
tvradke
RMGuillot
Loti
schneewitchen
Katarina_YYZ
avasbar
RogerNo.1
ph∞be
LaRubia
Vinnie
cornnn92
cat29
norinchi
Sherl
wcr
Aprilp20n
mariah1
Steerpike60
Lil_Jay
50 posters

Page 3 of 39 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 39  Next

Go down

Normal Re: RF Tennis News 2017

Post by cornnn92 Fri Feb 10, 2017 5:48 pm

schneewitchen wrote:

thank you for this beautiful article, there are great photos but here in this new forum I have no idea to post them, so sorry  Can't be true Sad

Here are a few of them - my faves!

RF Tennis News 2017 - Page 4 Topelement

RF Tennis News 2017 - Page 4 2mrcjg9

RF Tennis News 2017 - Page 4 Ao_110

RF Tennis News 2017 - Page 4 AO%203_zpsggwqepo1

RF Tennis News 2017 - Page 4 Ao_210

RF Tennis News 2017 - Page 4 Ao_511

RF Tennis News 2017 - Page 4 Captur11

RF Tennis News 2017 - Page 4 Ao_610

RF Tennis News 2017 - Page 4 Ao_710

RF Tennis News 2017 - Page 4 AO_zpsacdnlpa8

cornnn92

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Fri Feb 10, 2017 6:35 pm

schneewitchen wrote:

thank you for this beautiful article, there are great photos but here in this new forum I have no idea to post them, so sorry  Can't be true Sad

schneewitchen - Top post a picture, using "Quick Reply", place your cursor where you want to insert the image in your message, then click on the "Insert Image" button on the toolbar (blue picture icon) and just paste the image URL where indicated.  That's it! Very Happy
Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by avasbar Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:18 pm

This on the Team behind the Champ

http://trolltennis.com/propellers-fed-express/

Propellers of the Federer express
By Balraj Shukla - February 1,

"I can do a lot by myself, but I need my support team to push me the last 1%, 5%, 10%, whatever it is because I'm not in the same mood every single day." - Roger Federer

Snippets ( but go to the link for the real deal)
Pierre Paganini – The Fuel
   Any train requires some fuel, an engine to keep moving, some wheels to lean on and a steering to drive it. The Fed express works on the same principle.

“In sport as in life, you look at the details.”
If Pierre Paganini were to be some kind of fuel for real, he would probably be the most trusted brand.

Tennis World English @TennisWorlden
Pierre Paganini: 'Federer feels like he is 25, has a big passion for the sport'   http://dlvr.it/Mh0nXf

For Roger, you have to be good to find exercises that give him trouble. He’s so coordinated. In 2000, when we started working full-time again, I proposed a complex thing and sensed while he was doing it that it was more and more perfect. He then explained at the end why I had asked him to do it. It was fascinating to me. He had understood as an athlete how to do it, but also understood why.
He had the internal and external aspects covered. He’s not someone who consumes. He’s someone who creates.  What I find interesting is that he is just as motivated now as he was as a junior. I’d say even more so for the physical training. When he was young, he was an artist who wanted to be an artist. Now he’s an artist who knows exactly what he needs to do to express his virtuosity.”

– Paganini in an interview with New York Times

Severin Luthi – The Engine
“When I joined Roger’s team I always said: if you want to win a grand slam title, you need to be able to win seven matches at the fifth set.”

‘In December in Dubai, I told him, you trained very well and could win Australian Open.
During that moment we thought about things that were different than Australian Open. But in November and December I felt that everything could have been possible because I had seen that all was going well and that he had a positive mentality every day. I have been saying it for years: I am convinced that Roger will win a Grand Slam title. At Least one. He has been in semifinals or finals many times, even if winning is much different. I am very happy for him. When I started to work with him in 2008, he had the grandular fever, and people asked: is it the end? Now we are in 2017 and he won Australian Open. And all the newspapers write that he is the greatest ever."

Ivan Ljubicic – The Wheels

Before Roger’s campaign began at Australian Open, Ljubicic said:
“I would be happy if he wins the title (laughs). On the other hand, for what does he play? He is not a junior player who says ‘I reach the quarter-finals and I earn points in the rankings’. He is Roger Federer and hasn’t forgotten how to play tennis.”

Mirka Vavrinec Federer – The Steering
“Roger gave my tennis life back to me. When he wins, it’s as if I win as well.”
“She was there when I had no titles and she is still here 89 titles later.”

– Roger Federer
avasbar
avasbar

Back to top Go down

Post by ph∞be Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:07 pm

Clive James: ‘When I am a break down to Nadal in the fifth, I contemplate giving up. Not Federer’

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2017/feb/11/clive-james-break-down-to-nadal-roger-federer

I'm sorry if this interview with Wilander has been posted but I absolutely loved it. Roger is speaking so freely in it.

https://youtu.be/gTAmH8QN3g4
ph∞be
ph∞be

Back to top Go down

Normal Homer Mendoza Tribute - 2016

Post by Cromar Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:32 am

Not new, but worth repeating!  Embarassed

Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by avasbar Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:40 pm

sorry can't get this to resize

RF Tennis News 2017 - Page 4 C3VmtPnWYAMXSyi
avasbar
avasbar

Back to top Go down

Post by avasbar Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:17 am

Not sure where to post this but this is from Berdy off the ATP site

Czech star reflects on Melbourne loss and looks to the future

It’s been more than three weeks since Tomas Berdych struck a ball competitively, yet the significance of his loss to Roger Federer in the Australian Open third round is still sinking in.
”It was kind of a strange match for me,” admitted Berdych, a former champion at the upcoming ABN AMRO World Tennis Tournament in Rotterdam. “The way he played was really incredible. I’ve played him so many times in the past. I almost want to say it was the best I’ve seen him play.”
Berdych did little wrong in the 6-2, 6-4, 6-4 loss, their 23rd FedEx ATP Head2Head meeting, because he was given no opportunity by the Swiss superstar to find his game on 20 January on Rod Laver Arena.
"I was under so much pressure, how he played. From the first point I had to defend. I didn’t know how I played, he either hit a winner or missed a shot. There was nothing in between. So it’s tough to judge how well or badly I played. I wasn’t in charge of any shot – that was quite unusual.
"After the match, I was quite positive that he could go all the way and win it. In the end, he did. I think he’s the only one who can do something like that – after a six months’ absence from tournaments and win it. It was his first tournament and he won it. With all respect, it’s amazing.”
avasbar
avasbar

Back to top Go down

Post by wcr Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:09 pm

No sith Sherlock.  Did it occur to you that Roger knew exactly how to exploit the faster surface?
wcr
wcr

Back to top Go down

Post by Loti Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:59 pm

The Indian Express article is FANTASTIC!!! l loved it, thanks so much for posting the link Laughing Laughing

Loti

Back to top Go down

Normal Australian Open: Roger Federer ensures he will always be the greatest of the golden era

Post by RMGuillot Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:41 pm

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-01-30/in-a-golden-era-federer-will-always-be-the-brightest-star/8222466

RMGuillot

Back to top Go down

Post by norinchi Wed Feb 15, 2017 11:48 am

Roger on twitter:

Roger Federer ‏@rogerfederer  31 minutes ago

I’m coming to Prague next week. What should I visit while I’m in town? @lavercup #LaverCup

norinchi
norinchi

Back to top Go down

Post by cornnn92 Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:48 am

Roger will take part in the Laver Cup media conference along with Tomas Berdych scheduled on Monday, February 20 at 11.45am, at Prague's Old Town Square.
cornnn92
cornnn92

Back to top Go down

Post by norinchi Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:50 pm

norinchi wrote:Roger on twitter:

Roger Federer ‏@rogerfederer  31 minutes ago

I’m coming to Prague next week. What should I visit while I’m in town? @lavercup #LaverCup

Tomas replys on twitter

Tomáš Berdych ‏@tomasberdych  Feb 15

Prague's my hometown @rogerfederer Let's catch up and I'll show you around @lavercup #LaverCup

Laughing
norinchi
norinchi

Back to top Go down

Post by avasbar Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:52 pm

Federer Vs. Nadal 2017 Australian Open Final Rate Among The Greateset Tennis Matches Of All Time?]

http://www.worldtennismagazine.com/archives/13986

By Randy Walker
@TennisPublisher

Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal played what people are calling the most historic men’s Grand Slam singles final ever at the 2017 Australian Open. Federer won his 18th major singles title with a 6-4, 3-6, 6-1, 3-6, 6-3 victory over his arch rival to stave off Nadal, a winner of 14 career major singles titles, from closing the gap on his record of major championships. The 35-year-old Federer, playing in his first tournament in six months due to injury, came back from 1-3 down in the fifth set to win the final five games of the match.
It indeed was a hallmark event in the history of tennis and attracted major attention across the globe. But where does this match really stack up in the pantheon of the greatest tennis matches of all time? How does it compare with the other Federer vs. Nadal matches or others epic matches like Bjorn Borg and John McEnroe at 1980 Wimbledon or Don Budge and Gottfried von Cramm in Davis Cup in 1937.
Steve Flink is the authority on the greatest tennis matches of all time being the author of the book by the same name “The Greatest Tennis Matches of All Time” available here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/0942257936/ref=cm_sw_r_tw_dp_x_6DKKyb8WK95HH Flink, recently announced for election into the International Tennis Hall of Fame, was in Australia and watched the match in person and labeled the final as a “classic” but not among the very greatest ever.
“This was a classic final but not an epic like the Novak Djokovic – Rafael Nadal final of 2012,” Flink said via email en route back to the United States.
The 2012 Novak Djokovic – Rafael Nadal Australian Open final, won by Djokovic 5-7, 6-4, 6-2, 6-7 (5), 7-5 actually stopped the presses for “The Greatest Tennis Matches of All Time” as it was inserted as the No. 7 match of all time and a photo of Djokovic and Nadal was placed and the new cover of the book.
The inconsistency of high-level play, however, was one of the reasons why Federer vs. Nadal at the 2017 Australian Open did not measure up against other epic matches.
“Both players were brilliant sporadically but the level was choppy from Rafa in the first and third sets and Federer in the second and fourth,” wrote Flink. “The fifth was riveting and Roger’s comeback in the final set was one of the most impressive of his career.”
Flink rates Nadal’s 6-4, 6-4, 6-7 (4), 6-7 (9), 9-7 win over Federer in the 2008 Wimbledon final as the greatest match of all time, just ahead of the McEnroe vs. Borg Wimbledon final from 1980.
While this match was historic, it does not even rank in the top three of their epic matches, according to Flink.
“Rafa and Roger have had many clashes that surpassed this one like Wimbledon in 2008, the Australian Open 2009 and Rome in 2006,” he wrote. “They are both enduringly great but they are past their primes so their standard in this contest was extraordinary under the circumstances.”
“The Greatest Tennis Matches of All Time” book features profiles and rankings of the greatest matches of all time dating from the 1920s featuring Bill Tilden and Suzanne Lenglen up through the modern era of tennis featuring contemporary stars Novak Djokovic, Rafael Nadal, Roger Federer, Serena Williams and Maria Sharapova. Flink breaks down, analyzes and puts into historical context the sport’s most memorable matches, providing readers with a courtside seat at these most celebrated and significant duels. Flink also includes a fascinating “greatest strokes of all time” section where he ranks and describes the players who best executed all the important shots in the game through the years. Other champions featured in the book include Don Budge, Maureen Connolly, Rod Laver, Margaret Court, Billie Jean King, John McEnroe, Bjorn Borg, Jimmy Connors, Chris Evert, Martina Navratilova, Pete Sampras, Andre Agassi and Steffi Graf among many others.
“The Greatest Tennis Matches of All Time,” a hard-cover book that retails for $28.95, can be purchased via this link http://m1e.net/c?110071729-mFSTVX3uyJ5zw%407612075-hqIGItXY8SJAw at www.NewChapterMedia.com and where ever books are sold.
Flink, one of the most respected writers and observers in the game, is currently a columnist for TennisChannel.com. A resident of Katonah, N.Y., he is the former editor of World Tennis magazine and a former senior columnist at Tennis Week.
The book has received high praise from some of the most respected names in the sport, including Chris Evert, a winner of 18 major singles titles, who wrote the foreword to the book.
Said seven-time Wimbledon champion Pete Sampras, “Steve Flink was there reporting on almost every big match I played in my career. He has seen all of the great players for the last 45 years. I encourage you to read this book because Steve is one of the most insightful writers on the game that I have known and he really knows his tennis.”
Said former U.S. Davis Cup captain and player Patrick McEnroe, “As a writer and a fan, Steve Flink’s knowledge of tennis history and his love of the sport are second to none, which is why you should read his new book.”
Said ESPN’s Cliff Drysdale, “To see tennis through the eyes of Steve Flink is to wander through a wonderland. These are not fantasies because Steve captures the essence of tennis matches in graphic detail. There is no one more passionate or caring about his subject. In this absorbing book, I can relive matches that I have called on television.”
Said CBS, NBC and Tennis Channel commentator Mary Carillo, “The Greatest Tennis Matches of All Time is a masterful tennis epic. Its pages are brimming with insight, hindsight. And as always with Steve Flink, the 20/20 vision of the subtleties and complexities of a match. From Budge to Nadal and “Little Mo” to Serena Williams, Steve will guide you through the greatest matches you ever saw, or never saw. The game’s finest players and brightest moments will come alive and play again, right before your eyes. This book is a tennis treasure.”
avasbar
avasbar

Back to top Go down

Post by avasbar Thu Feb 16, 2017 3:55 pm

^^
I hope this isnt considered inappropriate advertising - :|
avasbar
avasbar

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinnie Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:41 pm

[quote="avasbar"]Federer Vs. Nadal 2017 Australian Open Final Rate Among The Greateset Tennis Matches Of All Time?]

http://www.worldtennismagazine.com/archives/13986

By Randy Walker
@TennisPublisher

Meh. Blatant plug for this book.

The 2017 AO final is, imho, the greatest Grand Slam Final since the 2008 Wimbledon Final. The 2012 AO final was better? Not according to fans who had to sit through 6 hours of grunting, wailing, sweat stench, et al, in a marathon of fitness that broke out during a tennis match. The whole ripping his shirt off afterwards...this was a final to forget. It showcased the worst of tennis that we have in this century...slow courts EVERYWHERE for the past decade nearly destroying all court tennis. No way I would buy a book celebrating that...

AO 2017 just might be remembered as the Grandest of Slams because of the RETURN of all-court tennis and the exposure of baseline bashing...it can only take you so far, even with slow as sand courts and uber tech rackets (Yes, I'm looking at you, Novak). The return of the king (Roger) was not just about the final. He also defeated Stan and Kei in epic 5 setters, again using aggressive, attacking tennis to defeat baseline bashers. Subplots like Mischa Sverev making the QF with a "rush the net with reckless abandon" strategy that completely baffled Murray along the way only heightened the delight of finally seeing all court skills triumphing over human back boards...

Non-tennis fans might like this book, as well as a few players included in it, but over time, methinks AO 2017 will be remembered as more than just a classic. Depending on how the next few years unfold, we might be in store for even greater things. TD's everywhere could be rethinking the whole "slow surface" movement. It already feels like the OHBH has made a huge comeback...as Roger has turned it into a weapon again and other top players used it successfully as well. 3 of the 4 SF players displayed glorious one handed BH's, and the slice that comes with it, to great effect.

Berdych summarized it best...stating "I want to say that this is the best Roger has EVER played against me." Roger was at his most beautiful and ruthless best during that match. The 3 5-setters afterwards were jaw dropping as well, with Roger defeating world no 5, 3, & Rafa playing his style, freely and on his terms.

Sitting down right now to watch the Final one more time. Cheers everyone.
Vinnie
Vinnie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 39 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 39  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum