Roger Federer Forum
Only members can read the topics or post on this forum.

Please login or register as a new member. It's free... and may you find some old friends!
Roger Federer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RF Schedule 2019

+5
Marly 103-20
HeartoftheMatter
Márcia
Sherl
Cromar
9 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Normal Re: RF Schedule 2019

Post by Cromar Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:22 am

During his last Wimbledon press conference, Roger confirmed that he would not go to Montreal and only play Cincinnati before the US Open. That was pretty much expected that he would not play both Masters. 

As Roger has also confirmed Shanghai (see video below), only Paris is still up in the air, and will remain a question mark
probably until Basel.

Roger's Schedule - Issue #3

I updated Roger's calendar with the above information and his latest results.

There are rumors in the media that Roger may play exhibition matches in Mexico and South America (Chili) in November, after the ATP Finals. But nothing has been confirmed by Roger or his team, so far.

Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:14 pm

Roger confirms Shanghai Smile ... No surprise here!

From 2019 Rolex Shanghai Masters on Facebook  - July 25, 2019

A message from Roger Federer

Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by HeartoftheMatter Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:05 pm

A lovely way, and a sharing, intimate way of sharing his experience at Shanghai! The fans will be so welcoming.....so pleased. Another special experience with Roger! Sunny

HeartoftheMatter

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:41 pm

A nice line-up for Basel already, including our Boy, of course!  Smile

Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by HeartoftheMatter Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:05 pm

Didn't Copil play in the finals last year, and didn't win? If so, I wonder if he will be on the list. It seems to me that he had to qualify...?

HeartoftheMatter

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:09 am

Federer confirms his Latin American exhibition tour in November

Roger's exhibition tour schedule:

Nov. 19 - Movistar Arena, Santiago, Chile
Nov. 20 - Parque Roca, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Nov. 22 - Movistar Arena, Bogota, Colombia
Nov. 23 - Plaza de Toros, Mexico DF, Mexico
Nov. 24 - Rumiñahui Coliseum, Quito, Ecuador

His November exhibition tour in Latin America will include five countries, starting with Chile, followed by Argentina, Colombia, Mexico and Ecuador. Roger will play with Juan Martin del Potro in Buenos Aires, and with Alexander Zverev in the other four countries.

RF Schedule 2019 - Page 5 EGRinHNWsAAk8Fz?format=jpg&name=small

Twice around the world... This is how much Roger will travel in the next four months!  Shocked

Thanks to Rene Stauffer, author and writer at Tageanzeiger, for this amazing graph.

Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by HeartoftheMatter Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:29 pm

Makes me dizzy, just seeing the map and reading the schedule. Just the travelling takes an incredible amount of energy.
Roger has thought of his South American friends before, and what a sight that was, the celebration. I hope that we will be able to see at least some of these matches on the internet, if not on live TV.

HeartoftheMatter

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Thu Oct 17, 2019 3:56 pm

Hangzou Tennis Invitational, China

Roger is to play yet another Exho at the end of the year. I thought his year-end schedule was already full! Shocked

I will have to update Roger's calendar to try to keep track of all this!  Smile  

Federer confirmed that he will play an exhibition in China at the end of the year, after signing a five-year deal with the Hangzhou Tennis Invitational event. This means that Roger will play exhibition matches in Hangzhou until 2023, when he will be 42.  Surprised

Federer and Zverev, together with Bob and Mike Bryan, will play in the first edition of the Hangzhou Invitational from December 27-29 before heading to Australia for the ATP Cup from January 3 to January 12.

And then post Australian Open, Federer and Nadal will have an exhibition "Match in Africa" in Cape Town on February 7, five days after the Australian Open final.

“I like to play in new places,” Federer explained. “That’s always been a big thrill for me. That’s also why I’m going back to South America – Asia and South America for me have been places I have nearly not played enough for my liking as a professional tennis player.

“Africa… never really played there except for Morocco back in 2002, so that’s also why I’m incredibly excited to go to Cape Town with Rafa. So I’m really trying to make the most of it at the back end of my career, to go to places I’ve never been to and where I can also promote the game.

“Hangzhou was just something I thought would be good preparation this year for the Australian Open."

Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by benni241 Fri Oct 25, 2019 9:10 am

Is there already a final decision, if Roger will play Paris-Bercy this year?
Thanks a lot in advance everyone :-)

benni241

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherl Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:32 am

^^ No, still up in the air if he will play Bercy!
Sherl
Sherl

Back to top Go down

Post by benni241 Fri Oct 25, 2019 12:53 pm

Sherl wrote:^^ No, still up in the air if he will play Bercy!

alright, thank you very much, Sherl! Smile

benni241

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:22 pm

As previously posted in the tournament thread, Roger has withdrawn from the Rolex Paris Masters.

Roger wants to be in top shape for the London Finals, and that's OK too!  Thumbs up

Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Wed Oct 30, 2019 5:33 pm

Here is the lastest version of Roger's Calendar for the 2019 season, updated with his recent results and Trophy Gold Smile, his withdrawal from Paris, as well as his year-end exhibition tours.

Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:55 am

Roger's Calendar for 2019: ** HANGZHOU CORRECTION **

On the previous issue, the HANGZHOU exhibition was shown in November. I guess I thought this was the end of the year, not having a December month on that calendar!  Embarassed  Sleepy  

HANGZHOU is actually at the end of Dec. - Dec. 27-29, 2019. It will be the quick off of the 2020 season for Roger and serve a prep tournament for the AO.  

I also updated the result for the ATP Finals.

Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by HeartoftheMatter Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:41 pm

Why do some calendars havae no December on them? I have one like that now. I suppose they put December on the 2020 one..but they could do both, the current and the new year.
 Lovely and detailed work! Thank you Smiley

These calendars I make them myself, and because there is usually no tennis in December, I just didn't want to have an empty month. That's why. Smile

HeartoftheMatter

Back to top Go down

Post by HeartoftheMatter Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:50 pm

It is a special and great idea for Roger to do these exhos in different, new places! He has always had this tendency to see tennis grow in those countries that are not so entrenched in the tennis culture. He really makes an impression in this are, wanting the health and growth of the sport! Thumbs up

HeartoftheMatter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum