Roger Federer Forum
Only members can read the topics or post on this forum.

Please login or register as a new member. It's free... and may you find some old friends!
Roger Federer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2019 General Tennis News

+12
TuTi_fanofRFed
wcr
Chrigi
federerworshipper
ph∞be
Kop8zky
norinchi
HeartoftheMatter
UES
Márcia
Steerpike60
Cromar
16 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Normal Re: 2019 General Tennis News

Post by fraline Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:31 am

^^^ Not three but the third Laughing

fraline

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:00 pm

Oops!  Embarassed  

Sometimes tweet lead to misinterpretation, being short in wording!!  Thanks fraline for the clarification! Laughing
Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by HeartoftheMatter Tue Oct 15, 2019 5:58 pm

These players and wives are trying to catch up to the Federer lot...family. Roger had answered a question about family planning being done, and he said no!!
I must say that having a family while on tour must be a challenge. Even if it's done as Roger and Mirka do it, by traveling together most of the time and with professional help as well as family help it's hats off for managing to do that well. Roger is very attacked to his family: always said how he wanted them to be with him.
Others, who don't have their family wiht them, it must be a balancing act, with a lot hanging on whether the spouse at homes with the child has enough family and friend support.
Well, Roger and Mirka have been unique, and I admire them. They are close to their children and perhaps in a way that is unique.
To all the young fathers, and "expectant" fathers, congratulations,wish you joy, and treat your wife well andmake sure that she does not have to do things by herself, with all the burden on her shoulders.
For the Federers, why not more, as Roger indicated? It must be special to have and to come from a sizable family.

HeartoftheMatter

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:55 am

So, Kyrgios has lost interest... again! That's not how to become a champion! Wink Gif

Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by Steerpike60 Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:20 pm

Once his penalty by the ATP was announced, I was pretty that Kyrgios was done for the year especially with him being on probation for 6 months.  So by not playing, he's guaranteeing that he won't do anything stupid in that probation time period.
Steerpike60
Steerpike60

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:13 am

Au revoir Tipsy!... And happy life off the court!    Smile

Janko Tipsarevic just played the last match of his career at the Stockholm tournament. He erased nine match points before being edged out by Sugita in a 3-hour battle at the Stockholm QFs.

"If I were to choose one of the ways to finish my ATP career, it would be like this. Leaving everything I have on court."

Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Sat Oct 19, 2019 1:17 pm

A big day for Rafa!  Love it

Rafael Nadal, 33, is set to marry his long-term girl friend, Mery Perelló, 31, on Saturday at the British-owned fortress La Fortaleza in Majorca (pictured).

Edit: Roger did not attend the wedding, and prior to the Basel tournament, he confirmed that he wasn't invited and didn't expect to be.

2019 General Tennis News - Page 7 Screenshot-2019-10-18-at-18-07-41
Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:31 am

Mr and Mrs Nadal... Lovely pictures!  Love it

2019 General Tennis News - Page 7 EHWe81nXkAEemb0  2019 General Tennis News - Page 7 EHWe81jWsAExZhc
Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Mon Oct 21, 2019 4:56 am

Sorry, slightly off Topic here, but couldn't resist, and it's about the Big Four, after all! Giggle

Found it interesting to compare groom and bridal fashion, too... Who wins?!

2019 General Tennis News - Page 7 EHWLqDwXkAEPQmP 2019 General Tennis News - Page 7 EHWLqD6WoAEjqSv
2019 General Tennis News - Page 7 EHWLqDyX0AAfQNY 2019 General Tennis News - Page 7 EHWLqD5XkAYrcKy
Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:32 am

Gaudenzi is replacing Chris Kermode, who was ousted following a vote last May by the ATP Board not to renew his contract, a decision that sparked much controversy in the professional tennis world.

ATP Appoints Andrea Gaudenzi As ATP Chairman

Oct 24 2019
ATP  Press Release

Italian to begin four-year term on 1 January 2020

The ATP has announced the appointment of Andrea Gaudenzi as ATP Chairman for a four-year term, beginning 1 January 2020.

Following a highly accomplished professional career on the ATP Tour during which he won three ATP titles and reached a career-high ATP Ranking of 18, Gaudenzi has forged a successful career in business over the past 15 years and was the unanimous choice of the ATP Board of Directors.

The 46-year-old Italian brings a wealth of experience across a wide range of sectors including sports marketing, entertainment, data, technology and media. Most recently, Gaudenzi was instrumental in his role on the Board of ATP Media, leading the successful restructuring of the business which serves as the broadcast arm of the ATP Tour.

“The ATP has played a central part in my life in so many ways, and to be given this opportunity to serve as ATP Chairman is a true honour,” said Gaudenzi. “I look forward to overseeing the future direction of the Tour and building on the sport’s global success and popularity at what is unquestionably one of the most exciting times in the history of men’s professional tennis. I’m very thankful for this opportunity and can’t wait to get started in January.”

Gavin Forbes, ATP Board Tournament Representative, Americas, said: “We’re delighted to welcome Andrea as the next Chairman of the ATP. Following a first-rate career as a player, Andrea has excelled in various roles away from tennis. He offers the rare combination of knowing the business of the ATP Tour inside out, as well as benefitting from invaluable experience away from the sport. He will be able to hit the ground running in January and has all the attributes required to build on the significant growth of our business in recent years.”

Alex Inglot, ATP Board Player Representative, Europe, said: “Andrea offers a compelling range of attributes and experiences inside and outside the sport that will position him very well as we seek to address the challenges and opportunities that lie ahead for our organisation. The ATP Tour is a unique 50-50 partnership between players and tournaments, and Andrea’s broad experience across both sides of our membership, as well as a proven track record away from tennis, were exactly what we were looking for as a Board.”

Novak Djokovic, President of the ATP Player Council, said: “On behalf of the players, I’d like to welcome Andrea as the next Chairman of the ATP. As a former player, he has walked in our shoes, and has also become a successful entrepreneur following his playing career. He has all the qualities to lead the Tour and we look forward to working together for the benefit of the players and the sport more generally.”

After his playing career, Gaudenzi obtained a law degree from the University of Bologna, Italy, followed by a Master of Business Administration at the International University of Monaco where he graduated with honours.

More recently, he has held leadership positions at several start-up entertainment, tech and gaming businesses in London, including Musixmatch and Soldo, as well as serving on the Board of ATP Media.

With a wide range of candidates from within sport and beyond under consideration for the role, the appointment of Gaudenzi concludes an extensive leadership recruitment process undertaken over the past six months by the ATP Board, with the assistance of global leadership advisory and executive search firm Russell Reynolds Associates.

Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by federerworshipper Fri Oct 25, 2019 1:53 pm

Thanks CROMAR for the above posts. Gaudenzi seems to be heavily qualified with a bonus background of tennis experience. Hope peace wlli reign at the ATP from here on. I think Djoker contributed to the chaos the past year.

Re. The Wed big four .... They are all beautiful, you can feel the love. I have to go with Murray. I think Andy's costume, his bride's dress and the wedding itself was enchanting, like a Scotish fairy tale.  If Mirka weren't very pregnant and wore a traditional Wedding gown Roger would have topped all.10.25.2019
federerworshipper
federerworshipper

Back to top Go down

Post by HeartoftheMatter Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:00 pm

I like them for different reasons. Roger and Mirka are very natural and almost shy looking, but lovely. Djoke and his bride look nice. Murray, I do like the tradition of the kilt, and the bride is pretty, but i find her dress a little 'frumpy" looking. I think it's the neckline. But that's just my taste. Otherwise, Nadal's bride has a really lovely, almost angelic looking dress, and they do look good together.
I yearn for the days when brides wore colors, and silks and velvets, nevertheless. Altogether though I find that brides and grooms have something endearing about them, like newborn babies do.

HeartoftheMatter

Back to top Go down

Normal Remembering Tipsarevic

Post by HeartoftheMatter Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:07 pm

Well, Janko is retiring. He had a knack for fighting, and I wish him well, despite the absolutely unsportsmanlike way he behaved at the AO in 2008 match against Roger, when he made a point off Roger's first serve, turned his back on Roger and gave the crowd and Aussie salute--at least I was told it was that.
That was rude, and unsportsmanlike, by any standard and he should have been warned about his behaviour. I never saw anyone do anything so boorish right off the bat: in fact, overall I haven't seen anyone, but his fellow countreymen came close. In fact, several of the Serbian team, though not all, behaved atrociously.
To me, that was not normal sportsmanlike jubilation. Well, they had no idea what was called for in tennis maybe, but some shred of decency should have guided them.
I wanted to get this off my chest, especially as he touted himself as the lover of truth/beauty and all that. Bye, Tipsarevic. Fare well.

HeartoftheMatter

Back to top Go down

Post by HeartoftheMatter Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:07 pm

P.S. Mirka's short dress, still very bridal, and with that sweet and innocent look she and Roger project, is also good on her for another eason: she has such lovely, slim but well defined legs. (blush.....shows off her fine ankles.)

HeartoftheMatter

Back to top Go down

Post by HeartoftheMatter Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:14 pm

Cromar, I had no idea that the fortress where Nadal and his bride got married in Mallorca was British owned! Still? Napoleonic wars? Never mind..I shall have to look it up since it surprised me. Thanks for all the nice pictures. You certainly put your time to great and creative use.

HeartoftheMatter

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Sat Dec 07, 2019 1:03 am

Caroline Wozniacki to say Goodbye after the AO

2019 General Tennis News - Page 7 EKpBRZrXYAA4deQ
Caroline Wozniacki - Back at it! (Nov 30)

2019 General Tennis News - Page 7 Woznia10
Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum