Roger Federer Forum
Only members can read the topics or post on this forum.

Please login or register as a new member. It's free... and may you find some old friends!
Roger Federer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

General Interviews with, or about Roger

+7
wcr
federerworshipper
HeartoftheMatter
Cromar
ph∞be
H.Z.
norinchi
11 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

General Interviews with, or about Roger Empty General Interviews with, or about Roger

Post by norinchi Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:24 pm

norinchi
norinchi

Back to top Go down

General Interviews with, or about Roger Empty Re: General Interviews with, or about Roger

Post by H.Z. Mon Jan 07, 2019 3:13 pm

Very touching.. Shows Roger is a human after all. More human than most of us.

H.Z.

Back to top Go down

General Interviews with, or about Roger Empty Re: General Interviews with, or about Roger

Post by ph∞be Tue Jan 08, 2019 1:47 am

Oh my goodness- that interview had me in tears. Roger still carries so much sadness from that loss.
ph∞be
ph∞be

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:58 pm

Roger being interviewed by Australian TV Channel10 while in Melbourne for the AO...

Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by ph∞be Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:09 pm

Great interview- thanks cromar.
ph∞be
ph∞be

Back to top Go down

Post by HeartoftheMatter Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:13 pm

Good natured and funny interview. I like these Aussies!

HeartoftheMatter

Back to top Go down

Post by federerworshipper Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:06 pm

Thanks for the interviews "Cromar". Roger was caught off guard in that CNN interview with such an unexpected question. It opened up an old wound and the fact that Peter Carter would never know of Roger's 20th major or his first, it's painful. I watched several times and cried with him each time. What a beautiful human being our Roger is.
federerworshipper
federerworshipper

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:05 am

Here is the five-part interview by Christina MacFarlane, published by @cnnsport on Twitter - the latest episode posted 12 hours ago:   

PART I - Jan. 7
(The emotional part Crying of this episode was published earlier on this page and in the AO thread)

EXCLUSIVE: "It was a wake-up call for me when he passed away"

Roger Federer's inspirational former coach died in a car crash on his honeymoon in 2002.
Nearly two decades on, Federer still gets emotional when he talks about Peter Carter.

Exclusive interview: cnn.it/2Fh8Wx5

PART II - Jan. 8

He's won 20 grand slam titles, but @rogerfederer says he wants to be "more famous for my philanthropic efforts than my tennis."

The @rogerfedererfdn has just celebrated its 15th anniversary.

PART III - Jan. 9

Roger Federer discusses his first kiss  Love it  with his wife Mirka at the Sydney Olympics -- and the role a wrestler played in it.     https://cnn.it/2C8usRN  

PART IV - Jan. 10

You're a parent before you're a tennis player"

@Rogerfederer talks to @chrissymacCNN about the importance of his family and what it's like to play at tournaments with four young children.  

PART V - Jan. 10  

Roger Federer: If I could go back in time I'd play ...

Roger Federer, an ice-cool opponent, five sets, and bandanas aplenty.
Federer's dream match gets a thumbs up from us. Love Eyes cnn.it/2CaJ2Z0

Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by ph∞be Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:30 am

You know the one thing that puzzles me about Roger's Mirka story is that he says he was 18+ a 'quarter'. But Sydney Olympics were held between Sep 15-Oct 1 2000. Roger was born in 1981 so he was actually 19+ a quarter.
ph∞be
ph∞be

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Sat Jan 12, 2019 5:39 pm

Oh, well!  He felt he was very young anyway! Smile
Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Sat Jan 12, 2019 6:06 pm

Another episode of the Christina MacFarlane interview published by @CNNSport today:

This one is about the big "R"... Still no plan!  Laughing   But the picture, OMG!  Shocked

By the way, I really like MacFarlane as an interviewer - she has such a nice way of asking questions. And I still don't know how she kept her cool when Roger broke down in that first episode! Bowing … I certainly couldn't!   

PART VI - Jan. 12

20 years as a pro, 20 grand slam titles -- but when does Roger Federer think he'll retire?

We asked, he answered: cnn.it/2TIThe6

Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Mon May 27, 2019 5:58 pm

We sat down with Roger Federer to hear his thoughts on tech in tennis and why the human factor is still his secret weapon.
Credit Suisse General Interviews with, or about Roger Favicon-32x32

Roger Federer: "My fitness coach is my secret weapon to success"

Roger Federer's training and workout goes largely without tech. However, not so his leisure. Roger really enjoys an occasional game of e-tennis.

Credit Suisse
Published

What methods do you resort to in order to recover after a tough tournament?

Recovery has really always been the secret in sports. Everybody tries to look for the next big thing that allows them to recover as quickly as possible. I've tried some yoga when I had back pains but when you're on the road it's hard to maintain the same routine all the time. I actually do a lot of core exercises and body mobilizations. Especially in the morning to help me wake up and make sure I can walk straight. And then I believe in getting enough sleep, eating healthy, doing my stretching and having my massage.

Is tech a factor when it comes to either recovery or to the training regime and workout sessions?

I'm sure it is for many players. I rely more on the human factor. My secret weapon to my longevity and also to my success has been my fitness coach, Pierre Paganini, whom I've known since I was 14 years old. We have been working together for almost 25 years now. Pierre knows my body inside out, he knows me as a person very well, he knows when I'm fit, he knows when I'm tired, he knows when I need a break or when he can push me. Pierre doesn't need to do any tests with me because he knows just by feeling where I'm at. I think that is a big advantage over some of the other players who change their fitness coaches from time to time.

Still, tech is important to be successful in today's tennis.

Yes, and it's getting more and more important. Just look at all the data you can gather from players in terms of their tendencies. There are a lot of statistics out there. Then you obviously have string and racket technology. I speak to Wilson constantly trying to figure out what the best racket and best technology is. Coaches are using different tech-supported ways to analyze matches. So, yes, I definitely think it's a major factor in influencing success nowadays.

How has tech changed tennis as such?

Some of the most obvious changes happened on the court. With Hawk-Eye you can ask for a call to be overturned and see the replay again. That maybe even helped me to win the Australian Open for that matter. Then we have the shot clock that prevents a player from taking too much time to serve and thus irritating the opponent and delaying the match. And if you look at how people can now watch sports in general on streaming devices or on their smart phones … There was a time when people used to listen to sports on the radio, and today you can have a super slow-motion replay of anything you want to see. So things have changed quite a lot and I think definitely for the better. It's more exciting for the viewer and has certainly helped advance sports and its global popularity.

Roger Federer and Credit Suisse  Getting out
Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:30 pm

Video just published by CNN, with Andy Roddick and Darren Cahill giving an insight into Roger, the man. The interview by Christina Macfarlane, which is the base of this video, was done last January (posted earlier on this page).

Roger Revealed: Time with tennis great Federer

In this half-hour World Sport special, Christina Macfarlane sits down with tennis legend Roger Federer and others to speak about the Swiss maestro. Source: CNN

Related article: Roger Federer: The power and presence of the $120 million man

And included is this 'Love Roger' video...   Laughing

18 Reasons to Lover Roger Federer

Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by wcr Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:53 pm

I am unable to open the article when I click on the link below.  Is this the article where Roger comments about Nike clothing, etc? Does anyone have the full article so I can read it? Thanks much.

Cromar wrote:
Great interview by Simon Kuper (Financial Times) aboard NetJets!  

Roger Federer: ‘You cannot be alone at the top’

"Federer throws an arm around me, and I put my hand on his back. Every other back I’ve touched felt like a single undefined mass. On Federer’s back you feel every bone and muscle. It’s like reading an anatomy textbook in Braille".

General Interviews with, or about Roger Http%3A%2F%2Fcom.ft.imagepublish.upp-prod-us.s3.amazonaws
Simon Kuper interviewing Roger Federer at 40,000ft

Read article here: Lunch with the FT: Roger Federer

Over 40,000 ft in a private jet

(Brunch supplied by Park Hyatt, Zurich)

Juices — Morning Energy, Ginger Sunrise, Green Booster
Fresh cut fruits
Birchermüesli
Omelette with bacon and vegetables
Bakeries and muffins

Total SFr98 (£78)

Surprised face
wcr
wcr

Back to top Go down

Post by Márcia Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:21 am

cromar, with this link we are asked to pay a subscription. I think I read this article elsewhere. Maybe, if you have it, you could copy it here?
Márcia
Márcia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum