Roger Federer Forum
Only members can read the topics or post on this forum.

Please login or register as a new member. It's free... and may you find some old friends!
Roger Federer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2019 ATP Rankings & Schedule

+7
Márcia
TuTi_fanofRFed
Cromar
Marly 103-20
Steerpike60
striker
HeartoftheMatter
11 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Normal 2019 ATP Rankings & Schedule

Post by Cromar Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:37 pm

The 'Round-by-Round Chart' for the AO 2019

To follow the top players, points by points, throughout the Championship.

Players are listed in the order of their 'starting' points, meaning the points they will have at the start of the tournament, after deduction of their points from last year. Roger, our defending Champion, will therefore be starting in 6th position.  

Of course, we are all hoping that Roger can have another miracle AO and win his 7th title in Melbourne and 21st GS! Happy which would also allow him finish either No 3 or 4 (depending on Zverev's result).

If he doesn't win, he may go down further in the ranking, but will definitively stay within the top 10. And if Roger reaches the SF (as he has done every year since 2004, with the exception of 2015), then he will finish ahead of Del Potro (who is not playing) as either No 4 or 5, depending on whether K. Anderson reaches the QF or not, and whether someone below Roger wins the AO (Thiem, Nishikori, Isner?... Wink Gif).

(Same chart posted in the 'Australian Open 2019' thread under 'ATP Tournaments (with RF)')
Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Normal Re: 2019 ATP Rankings & Schedule

Post by HeartoftheMatter Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:48 am

There appear to be quite a mix of players. With the top, and then ones like Dimitrov and Nishikori, then the promising younger ones like Zverev, Tsitsipas, and one more Greek, Kokkinqkis, although he is just back from surgery, and of course the middle dangerous ones, Stan, it depends, as we know he can win, Cilic, but I don't see him winning, Berdych looks thinner and more nimble, and even brand new players, along with the Goffins and de Minaur.
There is kind of layering going on in terms of experience, achievement, talent, and age,although in case of age to me age is not necessarily chronological age. It is easy for surprises to happen in such a mixed basket, if I am right in saying so.
Roger seems to have an air of ease around him, although he was sure-fire on the court. His game looks better to me than anyone else's. He just has a capability that one cannot learn, a brilliance and the unexpected genius stroke of inspiration.
There are other great players, but there is always the work, the labour showing, and that is fine, because it is actually an awful lot of effort, of throwing one'selt into the game, but at some important points or times that laborious effort has to change into a type of flying ease, either because the play had been set up with work or because it is simply a given for a player.

HeartoftheMatter

Back to top Go down

Post by striker Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:52 pm

Now that Roger lost in the 4th round>>>how will it effect his standing in Dubai?? Thank you!
striker
striker

Back to top Go down

Post by Steerpike60 Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:47 pm

striker wrote:Now that Roger lost in the 4th round>>>how will it effect his standing in Dubai?? Thank you!

I think I read that Roger will be ranked #6 after the AO.  He'll lose 500 more points for not defending Rotterdam as well, but since that is right before Dubai, it might not affect it.  Depending on who plays in Dubai, Roger may very well be seeded in the Top 4.
Steerpike60
Steerpike60

Back to top Go down

Post by HeartoftheMatter Thu Jan 24, 2019 4:45 am

If Roger were no.1 then for sure some would specifically play there to dislodge him. Who knows, even this way, there might be a surprise or two.
I regret the ranking, because it can make a difference. Maybe the ranking system vis-a-vis the draw, can be revised somewhat.
Roger, Roger, you are Other, the Man in the stars.

HeartoftheMatter

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:37 am

Steerpike60 wrote:
striker wrote:Now that Roger lost in the 4th round>>>how will it effect his standing in Dubai?? Thank you!

I think I read that Roger will be ranked #6 after the AO.  He'll lose 500 more points for not defending Rotterdam as well, but since that is right before Dubai, it might not affect it.  Depending on who plays in Dubai, Roger may very well be seeded in the Top 4.

There is a week between Rotterdam and Dubai (Rio, Marseille & Delray Beach), so the rankings after Rotterdam will have an impact on the Dubai seeding.  

Having said that, Roger (No 6) is on top of the entry list for Dubai, so he will be guaranteed to be seeded either #1 or #2, depending on what Nishikori (No 7) does in Rotterdam. He could pass Roger in the rankings if he gains more than 90 points (SF or better) in Rotterdam. If not, and based on Key's current schedule, we will have a tie, with both Roger and Key having 4100 points each!  Shocked  In that case, Roger would remain No 6 (having more points from majors than Key) and be seeded #1.  

But seed # 1 or 2 doesn't really make much difference!  Smile  

By the way, Cilic is No 10 now and can't catch Roger.

Dubai entry list - Main Draw

2 Murray, Andy (GBR) PR
   3 Federer, Roger (SUI)
   7 Cilic, Marin (CRO)
   9 Nishikori, Kei (JPN)
 11 Khachanov, Karen (RUS)
 12 Coric, Borna (CRO)
 15 Tsitsipas, Stefanos (GRE)
 17 Raonic, Milos (CAN)
 19 Medvedev, Daniil (RUS)
 20 Basilashvili, Nikoloz (GEO)
 24 Bautista Agut, Roberto (ESP)
 25 Chung, Hyeon (KOR)
 28 Verdasco, Fernando (ESP)
 32 Kohlschreiber, Philipp (GER)
 33 Monfils, Gael (FRA)
 38 Fucsovics, Marton (HUN)
 47 Dzumhur, Damir (BIH)
 48 Ebden, Matthew (AUS)
 51 Struff, Jan-Lennard (GER)
 54 Berrettini, Matteo (ITA)
 55 Herbert, Pierre-Hugues (FRA)
 56 Kukushkin, Mikhail (KAZ)
 57 Berdych, Tomas (CZE)
Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by Marly 103-20 Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:53 pm

we already know when will the draw take place?
Marly 103-20
Marly 103-20

http://federer080881.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Sat Jan 26, 2019 1:05 am

Either Saturday or Sunday before the start of the tournament.
Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:12 pm

Here is the first Ranking Chart for 2019.

The ATP Tour schedule is the same as last year (except for the Davis Cup), which makes it easier to track rankings points, as all defending points will be coming off, as usual, at the end of each tournament.

With the first GS of the season just completed, we are seeing a few movements in the rankings, which includes Roger, of course, who is moving from N° 3 to N° 6 (having lost 1820 points by not defending his AO title). This means that Zverev, Del Potro and Anderson all moved up by one spot. No 1 and 2 positions haven't changed (except that they have more points! Evil / Very Mad)

Other notable movers in the top 15 are: Nishikori N° 7 (+2), Cilic N° 10 (-3), Tsitsipas N° 12 (+2), Raonic N° 14 (+2) and Fognini N° 15 (-2).

2019 ATP Ranking Chart #1 (27 Jan.)

* Roger N° 6 *

1/3: 2019 Ranking Chart #1 - Players 1-5

2/3: 2019 Ranking Chart #1 - Players 6-10 (including Roger)

3/3: 2019 Ranking Chart #1 - Players 11-15

Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by Marly 103-20 Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:33 pm

Roger will go back to the rankings! I think he will pick up points as he has not enough points to defend until the end of the season. Knowing that he will play on clay, I think he will engrenger wins to reach 1200! and I hope he will soon reach his 100th title!
Marly 103-20
Marly 103-20

http://federer080881.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Steerpike60 Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:34 pm

Marly 99-20 wrote:Roger will go back to the rankings! I think he will pick up points as he has not enough points to defend until the end of the season. Knowing that he will play on clay, I think he will engrenger wins to reach 1200! and I hope he will soon reach his 100th title!

Roger doesn't have any wriggle room until after IW. He's not defending Rotterdam, but he could make up some or all of those points in Dubai. He's defending finals points in IW. After that, he lost his first match in Miami and of course, he's defending nothing on clay.
Steerpike60
Steerpike60

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:01 am

'Round-by-Round' Chart for Indian Wells 2019

The chart is sorted in "Live Ranking' order, that is based on the players' ranking after deduction of last year points.

Roger moved up to No 4 this week, following his win in Dubai, but he will start in IW in sixth position, having reached the Final in 2018, he has 600 points to defend! But the good news is that he still has Miami to make up some points, as he only got 10 points there last year.

(Also posted in the Indian Wells 2019 tournament thread.)

Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Normal 2020 ATP Calendar

Post by Cromar Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:30 pm

2020 ATP Calendar out today

A few changes within the ATP 250 tournaments: Pune and Sofia are moving to new dates, Adelaide is coming back in week 2 (last seen in 2008), and a new ATP 250 event on grass in Europe, the week before Wimbledon, to replace Antalya (to be determined).

Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by HeartoftheMatter Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:54 pm

So, one more for Adelaide! That's good: I like the Australian enthusiasm for tennis!

HeartoftheMatter

Back to top Go down

Normal Miami Open 2019 - 'Round-by-Round' Chart

Post by Cromar Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:46 am

'Round-by-Round' Chart for the Miami Open 2019

The chart is sorted in "Live Ranking' order, that is based on the players' ranking after deduction of last year points.

Roger is No 5 on the ATP Rankings this week, since Dominic Thiem moved up to the No 4 position following his win at Indian Wells. However, as Roger lost early in Miami last year, he has only 10 points to defend and will start the tournament in that same fifth position, and with less pressure, I would think, for not having to defend massive points like in IW.

Thiem is not defending any points in Miami either, as he withdrew last year, so he will probably remain ahead of Roger, unless he loses in the early rounds (and Roger doesn't! Wink Gif ), or Roger wins the tournament!  Smile

Otherwise, Roger will probably remain No 5 after Miami. Only Nishikori (6) and Anderson (7) can mathematically pass Roger, and they would need to reach the Final and/or win the tournament to possibly do so. And that would still depend on how deep Roger goes into the tournament.

(Also posted in the Miami Open 2019 tournament thread.)

Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum