Roger Federer Forum
Only members can read the topics or post on this forum.

Please login or register as a new member. It's free... and may you find some old friends!
Roger Federer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2019 ATP Rankings & Schedule

+7
Márcia
TuTi_fanofRFed
Cromar
Marly 103-20
Steerpike60
striker
HeartoftheMatter
11 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Normal Re: 2019 ATP Rankings & Schedule

Post by HeartoftheMatter Sun May 05, 2019 9:38 pm

How good to see you, oldlady, and your always cute and endearing emoticons! I like this yellow background with the small person holding the big red heart! It's "thudding" for Roger! LOL.... Thank you Smiley

HeartoftheMatter

Back to top Go down

Normal Roger No 3

Post by Cromar Mon May 06, 2019 7:48 pm

It's official!

He first became No 3 on July 7, 2003. That's nearly 16 years ago!  Surprised

Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by HeartoftheMatter Mon May 06, 2019 7:56 pm

He is just standing there, but something, maybe that stance, the look on his face, which is calm but expressive still, implies "you can't fool with me" and tha is true, isn't it. That he is good for tennis, the game, and the tournament is a friendlier place because of him, are added bonuses.

HeartoftheMatter

Back to top Go down

Normal The "Big Three"

Post by Cromar Mon May 06, 2019 8:00 pm

More than a decade later, they are still the reigning Kings!

Close to 12 years after the first time, the big Three are again together at the top of the rankings (albeit in reverse order Wink Gif).

The more things change, the more they are the same! Giggle

Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Normal 'Round-by-Round' Chart - Madrid 2019

Post by Cromar Tue May 07, 2019 11:51 am

'Round-by-Round' Chart for the Mutua Madrid Open 2019

The chart is sorted in order of the players' ranking points at the start of the tournament, that is after deduction of the points they are defending from last year.

As the seeding for Madrid was based on last week rankings (draw done last Saturday), Roger is seeded No 4, despite being ranked No 3 now.

Roger should be able to add a few points to his current tally, having no point to defend, since he didn't play any clay tournament last year. However, regardless of what he does in Madrid, he will remain No 3 until Rome, at least.

Zverev and Thiem are the defending Champion and Finalist and will need to do well in the Spanish capital if they hope to catch up with Roger in the near future.

(Also posted in the Madrid 2019 tournament thread.)
Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Tue May 14, 2019 8:46 am

'Round-by-Round' Chart for ROME 2019

The chart is sorted in order of the players' ranking points at the start of the tournament, that is after deduction of the points they are defending from last year. Roger is in third position and seeded #3.

As you can see on the chart, Roger is likely to remain No 3 until RG. Thiem can only catch up with Roger, here in Rome, if he wins the title AND if Roger loses his first match (R2) on Wednesday. Looks like the odds are on Roger's side (I hope!). Smile  

As in Madrid, Anderson, Isner and Raonic are still absent due to injury.

Click the chart to view the full size.

(Also posted in the ROME 2019 tournament thread.)
Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Sun May 26, 2019 2:24 pm

'Round-by-Round' Chart for Roland Garros 2019

Yes, it is bright, it is red... but it's clay, what can I say!    Hope you enjoy it! Giggle

The chart is sorted in order of the players' ranking points at the start of the tournament, that is after deduction of the points they are defending from last year. Roger, seeded #3, is starting in second position, since Nadal, who is defending 2000 points (don't we know it!), is now 5 points behind Roger!   Smile

That means that if Roger were to get the same result, or better, than Nadal at RG, Roger would move to No 2 in the Rankings, but obviously that's easier said than done!  Wink Gif

But at the minimum, Roger has a very good chance to remain No 3 after RG, unless Tsitsipas, or Zverev, was to lift la Coupe des Mousquetaires in two weeks time, while Roger loses in the first two rounds. But surely he won't do that, right!  Shocked

Note that Thiem (#4) is starting in eighth position, as he was the runner-up last year. He could slide in the rankings if he is not able to defend most of his 1200 points!

As in Madrid and Rome, Anderson, Isner and Raonic are still absent due to injury.

Click the chart to view the full size.

(Also posted in the Roland Garros 2019 tournament thread.)
Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil_Jay Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:58 am

Need the low down on potentials for Grass when you have time...hearing we'll most likely be 3 for wimby - this pan out right?
Lil_Jay
Lil_Jay
Admin

https://federer.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:28 pm

OK, will work on something! Smile
Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:40 am

Wimbledon : The only withdrawal on record sofar is McDonald (65). IN: Istomin.

All top seeds still on the list.
Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Normal Chart for Halle/London 2019 with Wimbledon Seeding

Post by Cromar Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:41 am

Here it is finally!  The special 'Round-by-Round' Chart for Halle/London Queen's with Wimbledon Seeding.

The Seed numbers shown on the chart (far left column) are based on the points at the start of this week tournaments (R1). I may update the chart later during the week if there are major changes in the seeding.

As this week tournaments count 100% towards the Grass bonus, the points won for each round are added twice, once to their ranking points and once to their Grass Bonus. With this double dipping, this week results can have a significant impact on their total points and subsequent seeding At Wimbledon.

May I add that the selection of the top 32 seeds for Wimbledon is strictly based on their ATP Rankings, the grass bonus is only used to determine the seeding within the group.

Will Roger be seeded #2 at Wimbledon?

Roger had a Grass Bonus of 1860 points before Halle, the second highest (after Djokovic), thanks to his 2017 Wimbledon win, counted at 75%.  Adding this bonus to his current ranking points (6420, minus 300 for Halle last year) gives him a total of 7980 points for seeding purposes, setting him in third place at the moment.

Nadal (currently #2) has a total of 8800 points (7945 points + 855 bonus) which will not change, as he is not playing this week.

So, to be seeded #2, Roger would need to make up a minimum of 820 points, and although the points in Halle count double, reaching the Final would only give Roger 600 points (300 x 2), which would not be enough. However, a win would get him 1000 points!  Smile

In conclusion, Roger will be seeded #2 at Wimbledon if he wins Halle, otherwise he will be seeded third.

Anderson is another player who could benefit quite significantly from the seeding system used at Wimbledon. He is currently No. 8 on the ATP Rankings, but might be seeded as high as #4 at the AELTC Championships, thanks to his reaching the Final last year (and should I say, beating Roger in the QF!). Facepalm

(Copy posted in the Halle 2019 thread.)
Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil_Jay Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:50 pm

thank you very much for the time spent on this
Lil_Jay
Lil_Jay
Admin

https://federer.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:26 am

Smile
Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by HeartoftheMatter Sat Jun 22, 2019 10:06 pm

You do it all with a smile. All my admiration is yours, Cromar! I spent more than a day, on and off,trying to get my internet back as I was blocked. Infuriating! I am not sure actually what I did finally. I suspect that when I turned the screen on, I noticed an icon for a website that said Encyclopedia and when I checked it it said something about "noosotics". I know I didn't have anything like that. So, although I was afraid to delete it--yes, I am afraid to do things like delete or click on some things at times--I did decide to delete it. Then, when I tried the internet, hallelujah, it was back on!
It is not good to depend so much on something that you miss it. What I mean is that anything electric simply won't work in any fashion at all once it breaks down or you are blocked.
Hats off to you, again!
I also have a complaint regarding how tennis news are or are not reported. I missed the Tsonga/Roger match. I could find no reference to the status, and since the laptop was not working, looked at news channels.
Well the US TSN/ESPN is about their favored sports mostly, with maybe a spare mention of a result. The Canadian cable news will mention when a Canadian player wins or loses ATP or WTA but almost all the time, nothing else.
That is very indifferent reporting, very narrow in scope. The Canadian news channel, which has the weather as the main permanent feature, is sometimes short on news. I get startled when I see that on Downing St. and Moosehead corner on small-town Ontario a car accident killed three people. But a couple of weeks later the news crops up again, and I think, not again! But they are using it for filler, and I think that's wrong.
If they mention a Canadian player in tennis, then they should mention other players too, especially as they don't have enough news. I don't understand it anyway. A small space is given to the "running script" of news, and it is rather mystifying what is going on with it.
But the TSN/ ESPN are not good either. I didn't know for quite a while what happened with the Tsonga match!
Here is for tomorrow: that Roger feel well, and knows how to foil and outfight the scrappy Goffin. He has to!!!
Whew, this is like a diary entry. So relieved to be here! Happy

HeartoftheMatter

Back to top Go down

Normal Wimbledon 2019 Seeding

Post by Cromar Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:08 pm

Wimbledon 2019 Seeding

This is the expected seeding for Wimbledon (top 24). The official list is to be released on Wednesday.

Following his win in Halle on Sunday, Roger is still ranked No. 3, but will be seeded #2 at Wimbledon, thanks to his substantial grass bonus, setting Nadal back to seed #3. Not surprisingly, Rafa doesn't approve of the seeding process Wimbledon uses! Razz    

Other nice moves from standard ranking:
- Anderson from 8 to 4
- Cilic from 18 to 13
- Simon from 25 to 20

All this means to Roger is that he cannot meet Djokovic before the Final, but could still face Nadal in the semi's. Even if the odds are 50/50 that Nadal be in Roger's half, according to this apparent unwavering pattern, it is most likely to happen:  

2012 - 1-3, 2-4
2013 - 1-4, 2-3
2014 - 1-3, 2-4
2015 - 1-4, 2-3
2016 - 1-3, 2-4
2017 - 1-4, 2-3
2018 - 1-3, 2-4

So 2019 - Has to be 1-4, 2-3  

Yet, someone mentioned that the pattern was broken in 2009... Still don't really like those odds!  Can't be true

But before getting to wound up though, let's not forget that first Roger has to get to the semi's!  Wink Gif

2019 ATP Rankings & Schedule - Page 3 Wimby_11
Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by HeartoftheMatter Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:38 pm

Good thing that Wimbledon relies on an adjusted method of seeding! It is only proper! Therefore it is better that Roger is seeded #2! Well, wonder about the draw. Just need a decent draw..no bunch of new and unknowns, either, or a pile up of the skyscraper players.
The overall rankings are surprising, though. Cilic--married life seems to agree with him, as I saw a couple of interviews, and he looked and sounded happy and more confident....but no overconfidence, for you, Cilic--is moving up.
Simon has surprised me. I always thought he was a very skilled player, but now he is moving up in the rankings. I think I asked somewhere if it is the same Gilles Simon of France as he looks different too.
If so, then he must have added some stamina and power to his game, which was always very tricky and good.

Gilles Simon of France...he looks different too.

HeartoftheMatter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum