Roger Federer Forum
Only members can read the topics or post on this forum.

Please login or register as a new member. It's free... and may you find some old friends!
Roger Federer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wimbledon #UBR Delivery

+2
InspiredTennis
ph∞be
6 posters

Go down

Normal Wimbledon #UBR Delivery

Post by Kazzie Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:32 am

We arrived at the queue on Monday a.m. at 4:45 am to try and be amongst the first 500 thus being able to choose our location for ROGI's match on Tuesday.  The crowds this year have been huger than ever and despite our early arrival, we still received numbers 349 and 350!  Though a higher number than we would have liked, at least we were "in" !  Waiting is the name of the game here and after a brutally hot day, a night in the tent, 28 hours later we were ultimately making our way towards the Cashier on Tuesday morning.  

We heard that ROG might be practicing on Court 15 in the afternoon, so we immediately headed in that direction to once again wait! Joker, Thiem, all came and went and ultimately the MAN WE HAD LONG BEEN WAITING FOR made his appearance.  It was super to see him so close up going through his routine although at the end he did not approach the Fans to sign or take pictures.  Suni was quick off the mark to stand up on the bench and managed to hand over the #UBR envelope with all our good wishes therein !!  I was at her side, but not on a bench so not visible in the picture.  I did, however, have a gap in front of me to establish eye contact with ROG and wish him all the best  Laughing

handing it over...

Wimbledon #UBR Delivery 11sdmjm

YAY he has it !!

Wimbledon #UBR Delivery 2rcalhz

Kazzie

Back to top Go down

Normal Re: Wimbledon #UBR Delivery

Post by ph∞be Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:40 pm

Thanks for this- I have never posted a message to Roger (not even the RE) but I love reading the reports and kept checking here to see whether he had received it. Thank you for doing it.
ph∞be
ph∞be

Back to top Go down

Post by InspiredTennis Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:02 am

Thanks for your report & pics KAZZIE. How wonderful that you are keeping up the tradition of messages to Roger. I missed these last few ones since RF.Com was cut from under our feet & I am sad the Red Envelope tradition has ended.

BUT, it is marvellous that all of you who have started the UBR messaging are keeping up a tradition of giving messages to Roger.
I'll hopefully write a message for the next tourney.

Thanks again dear.

By the way, you are often on the TV in the crowd - your earrings flashing as beautifully as your smile. The last time I saw you was in Halle. Love it

InspiredTennis
InspiredTennis

Back to top Go down

Post by Márcia Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:13 am

Karen dear, thank you for your report and for sharing with us the pics of the UBR delivery. Wonderful to see Roger's face so close. Wink Gif

As Sameena said, I often see you at the crowd, as well as Tani, sometimes Sunita. I tried some screen shots, when I have it fixed I'll post so you also can have it. Very Happy
Márcia
Márcia

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazzie Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:43 am

pheebe wrote:Thanks for this- I have never posted a message to Roger (not even the RE) but I love reading the reports and kept checking here to see whether he had received it. Thank you for doing it.

It's my pleasure! It's nice to hear from some old familiar "faces"...... it's not the same without our original Forum !! Here's to Our Man continuing ever onwards ! ALLEZ ALLEZ ALLEZ !!!

Kazzie

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazzie Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:56 am

InspiredTennis wrote:Thanks for your report & pics KAZZIE. How wonderful that you are keeping up the tradition of messages to Roger. I missed these last few ones since RF.Com was cut from under our feet & I am sad the Red Envelope tradition has ended.

BUT, it is marvellous that all of you who have started the UBR messaging are keeping up a tradition of giving messages to Roger.
I'll hopefully write a message for the next tourney.

Thanks again dear.  

By the way, you are often on the TV in the crowd - your earrings flashing as beautifully as your smile. The last time I saw you was in Halle. Love it

Lovely to hear from you Sameena. It's really sad to have lost the wondeRFul tradition of the RE, but we've tried to forge a new. and creative path forward enabling us to pass along love and good wishes to Our Champ. I have heard from several sources that the cameras have been finding me in the crowd Laughing .... most recently by the BBC at Wimbledon !!! ALLEZ ALLEZ ALLEZ ROG !! May he continue to dazzle us all !

Kazzie

Back to top Go down

Post by nmagradze Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:05 pm

I am new to this Forum!
Planning to make it to US Open in September. Likely dates Sep 2-3. Which day is Roger likely to play - Saturday night or Sunday?
Any tips would be welcomed!!
Thanks!

nmagradze

Back to top Go down

Post by Steerpike60 Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:55 pm

nmagradze wrote:I am new to this Forum!
Planning to make it to US Open in September. Likely dates Sep 2-3. Which day is Roger likely to play - Saturday night or Sunday?
Any tips would be welcomed!!
Thanks!

Welcome! There is absolutely no way to know what the OOP will be for the USO. At Wimbledon, you have some idea once the draw comes out. This year, we knew Murray would start on Monday since it was the defending champion and when Roger was drawn into the other half... we knew Roger would start Tuesday, etc. Next year, obviously Roger will start Monday as the defending champion. But the other majors don't have that ceremonial start.

There is just no way to know, unfortunately.
Steerpike60
Steerpike60

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazzie Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:46 pm

I'm actually confused as to where to post pictures Sad  I added a couple in another thread but I'll post them here as well.  

Suni's reaction after handing over the #UBR with all the wondeRFul messages

Wimbledon #UBR Delivery Xp7iid

Suni created these super banners indicating just a few of the countries from whence we hail

Wimbledon #UBR Delivery N6b6gg

Kazzie

Back to top Go down

Post by Márcia Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:00 pm

^^^
Oh, happy girls! Wonderful.

Karen, I also think it is a bit confuse. Send a pm to Cromar. Maybe - as we are not so much at the moment - the fans report and the UBR could be mixed in one thread? I don't know. She will clarify this situation.
Márcia
Márcia

Back to top Go down

Post by ph∞be Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:32 pm

Such wondeRFul pictures! Such joy- beautiful to see. Do you girls ever bump into krist (christine)? At times like these one wants to share the joy with everybody from the old forum.
ph∞be
ph∞be

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazzie Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:50 pm

Krist only used to attend tourneys in the US and to the best of my knowledge, she's not on social media. I think she may still be in touch with Alison but I haven't heard anything from or about her since we lost the Forum....

Kazzie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum