Roger Federer Forum
Only members can read the topics or post on this forum.

Please login or register as a new member. It's free... and may you find some old friends!
Roger Federer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RF Tennis News 2017

+46
forummember
oldlady
striker
Kop8zky
federerworshipper
skumars
Indybeck71
Márcia
Cromar
Matarsakolito
Lucycanada
InspiredTennis
FedFFL
Sparkle
Federite
MaxUS
UES
angellT
cappucc19o
vrazkar
StrongerThanAll
anutam
fedled
Rufus1
Marcizio14
michelle88
oldfan
tvradke
RMGuillot
Loti
schneewitchen
Katarina_YYZ
avasbar
RogerNo.1
ph∞be
LaRubia
Vinnie
cornnn92
cat29
norinchi
Sherl
wcr
Aprilp20n
mariah1
Steerpike60
Lil_Jay
50 posters

Page 38 of 39 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39  Next

Go down

Normal Roger's Off-Season Plans

Post by Cromar Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:03 am

Roger Federer reveals off-season plans after David Goffin defeat

George Bellshaw | Mettro.co.uk

Saturday 18 Nov 2017 6:29 pm

RF Tennis News 2017 - Page 38 875792194

Federer is ready for some time off (Picture: AFP/Getty Images)

Roger Federer is looking forward to a period of rest and some down time with his loved ones after drawing a close to what’s been a phenomenal 2017.

The Swiss won two Grand Slam titles during a fine year, while ending the season with more titles (7) than anyone else on the ATP Tour.

David Goffin ensured he didn’t add an eighth trophy to his collection on Saturday by dumping him out of the ATP Finals at the semi-final stage.

But the 19-time major winner is just thankful for a fantastic year and is looking forward to spending a bit of time with his family.

‘It’s been an amazing year for me,’ he said after the defeat. ‘I’ve been so happy that I was playing at this level from the beginning till basically the end, till today. So it’s been great. Really enjoyed myself in the process.

RF Tennis News 2017 - Page 38 875791094
Goffin took the Swiss out (Picture: AFP/Getty)

‘I felt I was, you know, playing in a way that I also, you know, like – you know, playing forward, playing attacking tennis. I wish I could have done that a little bit more today. It’s kind of disappointing to finish on this note. But whatever happened today is less important than if I look at the entire season. With that season, I’m extremely happy.

‘Looking ahead, look, clearly the buildup is not going to be six months like it was last time around. It’s not going to be six weeks of tennis. It’s just going to be two, three weeks. It’s going to be short. But I did that 15 years previously, so I know how to handle the buildup.

‘Then I’m just looking forward to some time off now, away from the match court, away from the pressure, then hopefully play well in Australia. I can’t wait to play there again. I had the best time of my life this year, so can’t wait to go back there.

RF Tennis News 2017 - Page 38 875769124
Federer is ready for a holiday (Picture: AFP/Getty)

‘I’ll probably take two weeks off, two weeks’ vacation. I feel like it’s what we always need at the end of the season, not just myself, but my wife as well, and my kids, too. We all need to spend some family time together. We love that. Most important time of our lives, to spend the time together like that.

‘After that, I’ll start the beginning of December my training again. Maybe on vacation, obviously I’ll start moving around a little bit so the comeback into training is not so hard, you know.

‘Then I leave at the end of the year for the Hopman Cup to get ready. I think I’m playing on the 30th, my first match. That’s the plan there.’

Cromar

Back to top Go down

Normal Re: RF Tennis News 2017

Post by Cromar Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:42 pm

I hope that Lüthi wins this award. He deserves some recognition for the work he does. He has been such a great support to Roger for over a decade now. In the nomination, they credit Sev for the seven titles, including the two GS, Roger won this year and for having kept the Davis Cup team in the World Group, despite the absence of Roger and Stan. (That was quite a win for the Swiss at the Play-offs, with Marco winning his two matches).

Credit Suisse Sports Awards
(The website is in German or French only)

Sunday 10 December 2017 @ 20h10

Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Normal ATP Finals 2017 - Marc Rosset Analysis

Post by Cromar Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:47 am

Marc Rosset*, in a interview (in French) with the Tribune de Genève, provided an interesting analysis of this year ATP Finals and had this to say about Roger's performance at the O2...

* Marc Rosset is an ex-ATP player (No 9) and Olympic Gold medalist (Barcelona 1992), was Captain of the Swiss Davis Cup team from 2002 to 2005 and is now a tennis consultant with the Swiss TV RTS. He knows Roger very well and has a 2-2 H2H record against (a young) Roger.

Excerpt from the interview (translated from French):

Marc Rosset: «Federer was burnt mentally»

After having followed the whole ATP Finals in London, the Genevois (native of Geneva) analyzes the competition and the semi-failure of the Bâlois. Informative!

Par Arnaud Cerutti | 19 Nov. 2017

- Finally, a word about the semi-failure of Roger Federer ...

ROSSET: "I think Roger came to this ATP Finals very tired mentally. With him, we can not only talk about the past twelve months, not just talk about this season. To return to the beginning of the path that brought him here, we have to go back to Wimbledon 2016, the moment he gets injured. Then, everything led to another: the operation, the reeducation, the doubt, the return to the game, then the quest for two Grand Slam titles, three Masters 1000, etc. These are abnormal emotions. And how long had he not won two majors in a season?  (editor's note: since the 2009 season). At 36, all this draws a lot of energy on the emotional level.

This year, for him, has been heavy, loaded. In fact, we saw Roger irritated like never about his tennis this week. We felt that he was not happy. And finally, he played Saturday against a Goffin who gave the match of his life.

Federer is disappointed of course, because he felt it would have been nice to win the ATP Finals, but I do not think that he left London more upset than that. Mentally, he was simply burnt." (TDG)

Full interview (in French) : Marc Rosset: «Federer était cramé mentalement»
            Google English translation: Marc Rosset: "Federer was burnt mentally"
Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:23 am

Canadian teen Auger-Aliassime invited to train with Federer

RF Tennis News 2017 - Page 38 Felix-auger-aliassime_cb4u2rofh95i13qgbffg6zhgb

By Rudi Schuller  | SportingNews
23 Nov. 2017

While other kids his age are looking forward to the holiday break, Félix Auger-Aliassime will be spending part of December training with tennis legend Roger Federer.

Tennis Canada announced Thursday that Auger-Aliassime had been invited by Federer to train in Dubai next month.

“Federer loves tennis, he’s a real fan. He watches the 14 and 15 year olds play all the time. I think he wants to help the new generation,” Louis Borfiga, Tennis Canada’s vice president of high performance said. “I also think he likes Félix and his personality. He wants to give back some of what tennis has given to him. He wants to help Félix… maybe avoid some of the traps that would be good to avoid at his age.”

Auger-Aliassime, 17, is ranked 159th on the ATP Tour. Along with good friend Denis Shapovalov, Auger-Aliassime is seen as one of the rising star of the men's circuit.

Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by HeartoftheMatter Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:32 am

Does not surprise me. RF truly is invested and "married" to the sportl This young player is at a good age to benefit from the experience. I also like his demeanor. Quite different from some others. He has a sincere air about him.
Thank you for this news and picture, Cromar. It's good to get news of what is going on.

HeartoftheMatter

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:38 pm

Guess the vacations are over!... It looks like Roger will start training again next week in Dubai, getting ready for 2018.  Sunny

Auger-Aliassime ready for excellent Fed-venture

By Stephanie Myles | Tennis.Life
November 29, 2017  

Canadian teenager Félix Auger-Aliassime leaves for Dubai on Saturday.

What follows will be the start of an eye-opening experience as the 17-year-old trains with Roger Federer for two weeks.

“We’re communicating with his coach. Not sure which day he arrives but it will be for two weeks, from (December) 5 to 20. I’ll mostly train with him; no guarantee on what I will do, but it’s becoming clearer,” Auger-Aliassime said in a conference call with the media Wednesday afternoon.

He said it was a great chance to learn from the best.

• "You will always motivate yourself by comparing yourself to the best in the world, he said. “It’s a great opportunity, so you have to take advantage of it. But mostly I’ll be trying to prepare myself the best way possible for the 2018 season.”

Auger-Aliassime said he felt the same way as “anyone who follows tennis” about the 19-time Grand Slam champion.

• “I admire everything he does on court, off court, the person he is. And my coaches will be there so we can observe more closely what he does well, why he plays at such a high level,” he said. “I don’t know much about him, but I can’t wait to get there, and I can’t wait to train two weeks with him.”

The Canadian, who is 16 months younger than his great friend and frequent doubles partner Denis Shapovalov, has been (somewhat mercifully) improving out of the spotlight a little bit because of what Shapovalov accomplished this summer.

Continue reading about Félix here: Tennis.Life

Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherl Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:27 pm

Great to hear! Thumbs up
Sherl
Sherl

Back to top Go down

Post by Márcia Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:26 pm

Thumbs up Incredible how much we miss him, no?
Márcia
Márcia

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Sat Dec 02, 2017 4:13 pm

YEEEEEEEEES!... Facepalm
Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by federerworshipper Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:04 pm

What a lucky fella Aliassime is, good for him.
GO ROGER .. Refresh and sharpen those magnificent RF tools Like it Love it
federerworshipper
federerworshipper

Back to top Go down

Post by Fedtheeeebest Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:04 am

Good thing that Federer is starting training soon.

He has very good chance to defend his Australian open title with Djokovic being rusty at the start of next year

Fedtheeeebest

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:04 pm

Getting ready for 2018!  Thumbs up   Laughing

Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by HeartoftheMatter Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:13 pm

Pierre Paganini is a guiding light for you, Roger, and has been for a long time. As for the rest, pursue what is more than within your reach, and let the others worry about their own diets,schedules, injuries, overhittings, and so on.
For the sport, there is no "value added" quality unless the ones "who are called" answer that calling, Roger Federer!!! Sunny

HeartoftheMatter

Back to top Go down

Normal training

Post by Márcia Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:17 pm

So wonderful to see him preparing himself again. And with this moving smile of his. Thank you, Roger!
Márcia
Márcia

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:34 pm

Great looking group!  Thumbs up    2018... here we come!   Giggle  

Training in Dubai with Félix Auger-Aliassime

@ZeTeamCan · Dec 13
Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down