Roger Federer Forum
Only members can read the topics or post on this forum.

Please login or register as a new member. It's free... and may you find some old friends!
Roger Federer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RF Tennis News 2017

+46
forummember
oldlady
striker
Kop8zky
federerworshipper
skumars
Indybeck71
Márcia
Cromar
Matarsakolito
Lucycanada
InspiredTennis
FedFFL
Sparkle
Federite
MaxUS
UES
angellT
cappucc19o
vrazkar
StrongerThanAll
anutam
fedled
Rufus1
Marcizio14
michelle88
oldfan
tvradke
RMGuillot
Loti
schneewitchen
Katarina_YYZ
avasbar
RogerNo.1
ph∞be
LaRubia
Vinnie
cornnn92
cat29
norinchi
Sherl
wcr
Aprilp20n
mariah1
Steerpike60
Lil_Jay
50 posters

Page 39 of 39 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 37, 38, 39

Go down

Normal Re: RF Tennis News 2017

Post by Márcia Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:57 pm

Here we come! Thumbs up Bowing Sunny

Márcia

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:26 pm

The King!  King Crown That was definitively a thrilling two weeks...  Tennis ball at his best!   Clapping Love it

Tennismash  

12 December 2017

Ranking every 2017 Grand Slam Title by Difficulty
Published by Bede Briscomb

Rafael Nadal and Roger Federer celebrate their Grand Slam victories in 2017; Getty Images

From Roger Federer’s Australian Open title to Jelena Ostapenko winning Roland Garros at 20-years-old, we ranked the most impressive Grand Slam titles in 2017.
Apart from finishing the year as world No.1, winning a Grand Slam is the hardest thing to do in tennis. But some Grand Slam titles are more impressive than others, depending on who one plays, the surface one plays on and the expectations going into the tournament. Using that criteria we ranked every Grand Slam in 2017, from the least impressive run to the most impressive.

8. Rafael Nadal, US Open

Rafa didn’t play a seeded opponent until the semifinal. THE SEMIFINAL! He also didn’t play anyone ranked inside the top 20. In the list of all-time easiest Grand Slams, the 2017 men’s US Open surely cracks the top five.
Difficulty meter: 5/10
RF Tennis News 2017 - Page 39 Rafael-Nadal-2-1024x516

7. Roger Federer, Wimbledon

He didn’t drop a set all tournament, so it can’t of been all that hard, right? Well, sort of. Roger caught a break when Novak pulled out, setting up a much easier semifinal against Tomas Berdych, and the final against a banged up Marin Cilic also worked in his favour. Still, disposing of giant-killer Mischa Zverev, ATP finals champion Grigor Dimitrov and Milos Raonic isn’t small potatoes by any means.
Difficulty meter: 7/10

NEWS BITES: Serena in for Australian Open 2018 – but what about Vika?

6. Garbine Muguruza, Wimbledon

Cristea, Rybarikova, Kuznetsova, Kerber, Williams — Garbi’s Wimbledon opponents were no slouches, and she played excellent tennis throughout the tournament, but the Spaniard is a combined 16-10 against those women (16-8 if you exclude a 2015 retirement and her loss against Venus months later in Singapore) and while she *technically* defeated the one seed and defending champion, that one seed hadn’t reached a final at any tournament all year and had already amassed five first-round bombs.
RF Tennis News 2017 - Page 39 Muguruza-holds-Wimbledon-trophy-1024x516

5. Rafael Nadal, Roland Garros

It looked easy. It always does when Rafa plays on clay. But wins over future French Open-champion Dominic Thiem and Stan Wawrinka is not easy, especially considering Thiem had just beaten Nadal in the previous tournament in Italy.

4. Jelena Ostapenko, Roland Garros

Ostapenko was on everyone’s radar, but having just turned 20 no one expected her to win the French Open. The Latvian only faced one top ten seed but still faced tough outs in Caroline Wozniacki, Sam Stosur and a red-hot Timea Bacsinszky.
Difficulty meter: 7.5/10

ICYMI: tennis player watchability rankings (Guess who is No 1!   Very Happy  )

3. Serena Williams, Australian Open

Serena won a Grand Slam while pregnant. She also defeated Lucie Safarova and Nicole Gibbs. And she won while pregnant. She also beat Barbora Strycova, Mirjana Lucic-Baroni and her sister Venus. And she won a Grand Slam as a pregnant person. She also didn’t drop a single set tournament. Not. One. Set. Oh, and you know what else? SHE WON A GRAND SLAM PREGNANT!!!

Difficulty meter: 8.5/10
RF Tennis News 2017 - Page 39 Rankings-1024x516

2. Sloane Stephens, US Open

There was literally no breezes in Sloane’s US Open run. Coming off limited preparation, Stephens got Cibulkova (struggling for form but still a WTA finals champ) in the first round, Ash Barty in her breakout year, WTA Elite Trophy winner Julia Goerges, a brimming-with-confidence-after-beating-Sharapova Anastasia Sevastova, the almighty Venus Williams and Madison Keys.

Difficulty meter: 9/10

1. Roger Federer, Australian Open

As the 17 seed, Federer beat four men ranked in the top ten (Nishikori, Wawrinka, Nadal and Berdych) — and it’s not like any of those men were tired or in poor form, they were all coming off excellent 2016 seasons with successful campaigns in Melbourne. Roger braved three five-setters in fourteen days, including one nervous semifinal where Wawrinka won the third and fourth set and was closing in on Roger like he was the shark from Jaws. One of the most memorable Grand Slam runs of all time.

Difficulty meter: 9.5/10
RF Tennis News 2017 - Page 39 Fed-1-1024x516

Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by Márcia Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:50 pm

Bowing Bowing Bowing
Márcia
Márcia

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:41 am

"It looked easy. It always does when Rafa plays on clay. But wins over future French Open-champion Dominic Thiem and Stan Wawrinka is not easy, especially considering Thiem had just beaten Nadal in the previous tournament in Italy."

Like Big Mac would say : "YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS!!!" Bonk

Ridiculous really, everybody knows that Thiem is mentally very weak in the major tournaments, and Stan was totally fried for the final.
Difficulty meter : 3/10. Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:44 pm

Maybe a little biais assessment here, no?  Wink Gif
Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:49 pm

Roger is still working hard... according to Fabbiano who posted these pictures on Instagram and Facebook.

Thomas Fabbiano trains with Roger Federer in Dubai

Translation:
“I knew Federer was in Dubai. Yesterday Ivan Ljubicic texted me asking if I was available to train with Roger. I had already a planned practice with my coach to improve some of my shots, but I couldn't miss this opportunity. I can't deny that having the person I admired so much for years on TV, on the other side of the net, had a certain impact on me. I thank this sport for making me feel these emotions”, wrote Fabbiano.
Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Mon Dec 25, 2017 6:40 am

Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Normal A look back at 2017: The year it has been...

Post by Cromar Mon Dec 25, 2017 7:08 am

A great video published by Rolex reviewing Roger's exceptional season, followed by Roger's reply on FB. The video has been re-posted by many, including the ATP and the AO (posted below as the quality is better than the original).

Facebook RF Tennis News 2017 - Page 39 21462659_1376906059095157_5847948341114538082_n
         December 21 at 10:00am 

Facebook  Roger Federer with ROLEX
        December 21 at 10:51am

Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 39 of 39 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 37, 38, 39

Permissions in this forum: