Roger Federer Forum
Only members can read the topics or post on this forum.

Please login or register as a new member. It's free... and may you find some old friends!
Roger Federer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2019 ATP Rankings & Schedule

+7
Márcia
TuTi_fanofRFed
Cromar
Marly 103-20
Steerpike60
striker
HeartoftheMatter
11 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Normal Miami Open 2019 - 'Round-by-Round' Chart

Post by Cromar Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:46 am

'Round-by-Round' Chart for the Miami Open 2019

The chart is sorted in "Live Ranking' order, that is based on the players' ranking after deduction of last year points.

Roger is No 5 on the ATP Rankings this week, since Dominic Thiem moved up to the No 4 position following his win at Indian Wells. However, as Roger lost early in Miami last year, he has only 10 points to defend and will start the tournament in that same fifth position, and with less pressure, I would think, for not having to defend massive points like in IW.

Thiem is not defending any points in Miami either, as he withdrew last year, so he will probably remain ahead of Roger, unless he loses in the early rounds (and Roger doesn't! Wink Gif ), or Roger wins the tournament!  Smile

Otherwise, Roger will probably remain No 5 after Miami. Only Nishikori (6) and Anderson (7) can mathematically pass Roger, and they would need to reach the Final and/or win the tournament to possibly do so. And that would still depend on how deep Roger goes into the tournament.

(Also posted in the Miami Open 2019 tournament thread.)

Cromar

Back to top Go down

Normal Re: 2019 ATP Rankings & Schedule

Post by TuTi_fanofRFed Sun Mar 31, 2019 7:43 pm

Roger tops the Race ranking after Miami for the third straight year. Cheering Cheering Shocked Happy
TuTi_fanofRFed
TuTi_fanofRFed

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:01 pm

Isn't that great!  Thumbs up

RACE on Monday April 1st, 2019  Smile

No, this isn't an April fool's prank!  Wink Gif

ATP Rankings

Roger is also back to No 4 on the ATP Rankings today.

Roger will stay in that fourth position until at least Barcelona, or possibly beyond, depending on how Dominic Thiem starts his clay season. Thiem would need to win (or reach the final) in Monte-Carlo, and get to the SF (or win) in Barcelona, to move ahead of Roger again. Not an easy feat!... I think that Roger has a good chance to remain No 4 until at least Madrid.

No. 33 (Career High) Felix Auger-Aliassime (+24) - Impressive!  Clapping Hands

The 18-year-old Canadian continued his impressive start to the 2019 ATP Tour season by reaching his first ATP Masters 1000 semi-final at the Miami Open presented by Itau. Auger-Aliassime, who now owns a 14-7 tour-level record this season, defeated three seeded opponents en route to the last four in Florida.
Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Mon Apr 01, 2019 10:41 pm

Federer Passes Djokovic For Lead In ATP Race To London

Milan champ Tsitsipas making strong case for London

ATP Staff
April 1st, 2019

Age is just a number, right?

It certainly seems that way for 37-year-old Roger Federer. Thanks to his victory at the Miami Open presented by Itau, Federer now leads the ATP Race To London, taking a 55-point lead over second-placed Novak Djokovic.

Entering the ‘Sunshine Double’ — the first two ATP Masters 1000 tournaments of the year in Indian Wells and Miami — Federer sat in ninth place in the Race with 680 points, having just moved up 39 spots thanks to his triumph at the Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships, an ATP 500 event. The Swiss star has made a giant leap since, first earning 600 points for his runner-up showing in the California desert and then adding 1,000 points on Sunday after lifting his 28th Masters 1000 title in Miami.

It is the third consecutive year that Federer has led the Race after the ‘Sunshine Double’. Prior to accomplishing the feat in 2017, he had not done so since 2007.

The 101-time tour-level champion holds an 18-2 record so far this year, earning more wins than anyone else on the ATP Tour. He is trying to qualify for the prestigious Nitto ATP Finals for the 17th time.

“These Masters 1000s are hard to win. They are really a test for me, especially later in my career,” Federer said. “I know these guys don't come around very often, so when they do, it's a bit of a surprise for me. That's why this one feels really cool in many ways.”

But perhaps the biggest standout in the Race thus far has been reigning Next Gen ATP Finals champion Stefanos Tsitsipas. The Greek star was 76th in the Race this time last year, but he leaves Miami this season in fourth position.

Tsitsipas has 1,460 points, 1,231 more than he had on 2 April 2018. The 20-year-old is trying to reach The O2 in London for the first time, striving to compete at the season finale from 10-17 November. He remains eligible to qualify for the Next Gen ATP Finals in Milan for the second time.

Read more here: ATP  
Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:36 pm

Those musical graphs must be the new thing! Smile

Note: If you haven't seen the one I posted yesterday, go to Awards, Records, Analysis and Stats. It's a fun one!

This one is by ATP rankings (points). It's quite lengthy - almost 24 minutes - as it goes thru each day of the years, starting with 1990. So I set the video here to start in 2002 (@10:00), when Roger reached the top 10. You'll have a few seconds to get rid of the ad before seeing Roger.  Wink Gif

If you want to watch the entire video starting in 1990 - it's quite interesting actually to relive the history - move the slider to the end of the video and then click the 'replay' button on the left.

It's well done!  Clapping Hands

Ranking History of the Top 10 Men's Tennis Players (1990-2019)  

YouTube   RandomStats - Published on Mar 16, 2019  

Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by HeartoftheMatter Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:17 am

Interesting, sensory overload, and hyphotizing! I liked it best with Roger's loooong stretch at the top, with his photo on the screen. Then there was that dance with Nadal, 1 to 2 and back again, and back again.
This could serve also as a means of going to sleep, what with the music, and the movement, and a lot of movement because of the date at the to moving, and the points moving. The music is not demanding, just a pleasant kind of tinkling.
What is fascinating are the long stretches of dominance, from this player to that, and the jostling underneath. Seeing all the names and photos on the page is good, too. I wonder what Safin is doing. I know he went into politics back home. It would be a good special program to have him, and several others back for a special, say, Laver Cup, or an exhibition or another unique event.
You take care of people here, cromar!

HeartoftheMatter

Back to top Go down

Post by HeartoftheMatter Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:27 am

The ATP staff article discussing the race to the ATP Masters Cup, does say that age is just a number. It is not just a saying, as now studies have shown that the biological age may be quite a bit younger than the chronological age.
I remember those times myself. When it seemed for decades that I stayed the same outwardly, at least, and even after, for a long time, always looked younger. It is not the same now...although I could not say how I look, whether my age, or not. More rickety, for sure.
But those who are blessed with the biological age being younger, and then living a sporting but cleverly constructed life in terms of their game and time and rest and all that, certainly there can be quite a difference. That is what I have seen in Roger and still do. Well, he has said that he was born to be a sportsman, and looking at his physique I definitely agree, and his physical reflexes, and then he loves playing with balls. It was the best of worlds, with what he loved and what he was suitable for.
Had he gone in for some other, more mundane occupation--because what he does is magical--I am certain he would have done well in whatever calling he chose, but it would have to be a "calling" for him, not just a job.And what we would have missed, along with the world! Sunny Love it

HeartoftheMatter

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:22 am

HeartoftheMatter wrote:
And what we would have missed, along with the world! Sunny Love it

Couldn't agree with you more!  Love Eyes

I enjoy reading your posts, HOM!  What I find interesting is that I never know where I will be led. It's like going on a surprise journey. I like it!  Thumbs up
Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Normal Ranking Chart 2019 - Second issue

Post by Cromar Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:38 am

Here is the second issue of the Ranking Chart for 2019.

With his wins in Dubai and Miami, Roger made a quick recovery from his loss of points at the AO, moving into fourth place on the ATP rankings. He even was at the top of the RACE until last week, now second behind Djokovic.  

And the future looks bright too... Having decided to play at least two tournaments on clay (Madrid and RG - with Rome as a possible backup), and with no points to defend, Roger is in a very favorable position compared to his close competitors, who have tons of points to defend for the remaining of the clay season: Nadal - 3180, Zverev - 2210 and Thiem - 2060 (see the Status Graph below this post).

Roger could move up to No 3 even before Madrid, if Zverev doesn't reach the SF next week in Munich, where he is the defending champion. If not, it will happen after Madrid most likely, as Roger can gain points in Madrid and Zverev is defending another title there. Thiem, currently No 5, cannot catch up with Roger until after Madrid. And seeing that Zverev is also defending a final in Rome, there is a very good chance that Roger will be seeded in the top 4 for RG.

I don't want to project too far ahead, but Nadal could be in trouble if he doesn't regain his top form to defend his title in Rome and RG - the slide could be painful, and I am not talking about the clay here!  Wink Gif

Noteworthy:

1. J.M. Del Potro is to make his return to competition in Madrid. Apart from a failed return in February at Delray Beach, this would be his first match since he fractured his kneecap last October in Shanghai.
  2. K. Anderson announced that he will skip the entire clay season to allow his elbow to heal properly. He aims at regaining top form in time for the grass season.

2019 ATP Ranking Chart #2 (28 Apr.)

* Roger N° 4 *

1/3: 2019 Ranking Chart #2 - Players 1-5

2/3: 2019 Ranking Chart #2 - Players 6-10

3/3: 2019 Ranking Chart #2 - Players 11-15

Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:17 am

Status Graph 2019 - Projection up to Roland Garros

This is a projection of the potential ranking points and related stats, up to and including RG, for the top 12 players.

Row 1 (yellow)           Total of points to defend (up to and including RG)  
Row 2 (pink)              Current RACE points (up to Barcelona)
Row 3 (pale green)    Minimum ranking points post RG (if gaining no points until then)
Row 4 (dark blue)      Current ranking points
Row 5 (bright green)  Maximum ranking points post RG (if winning every tournament scheduled to play)

You can see that Roger is in an enviable position, his minimum points being the same as his current ranking's, having nothing to defend, he can't go lower!  Smile  The same can't be said of Zverev and Thiem, and Nadal to some extend - looking at their minimum, they could take a hard fall.

Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by Márcia Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:09 pm

cromar! Thank you Smiley
Márcia
Márcia

Back to top Go down

Post by Kop8zky Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:03 pm

This is an absolutely fantastic chart, cromar!!!

Ppfffttt -  look at Djoker's points. He will be No1 until end of the year, I fear. I know it might and hopefully will look different when it comes to the "American swing", but still -- oj wej ---  Rolling Eyes
Kop8zky
Kop8zky

Back to top Go down

Normal Roger No 3

Post by Cromar Fri May 03, 2019 9:56 pm

Roger No 3 as of Monday

Roger will move to No 3 on Monday, ahead of Zverev since Sasha lost in the QF today in Munich, against Garin - By the way, this young Chilean has been on a roll lately! Smile

Zverev was the defending champion of the German tournament, so he will lose 205 points on Monday, enough for Roger to step ahead by 35 points. Not much, but enough to keep him in the No 3 position until at least after Madrid, as Sasha can't gain any points in the Spanish capital, since he is also the defending Champion there. And neither can Thiem move ahead of Roger next week, as he has 600 points to defend. And besides, Roger should also add a few points to his tally in Madrid. At least, I hope! Cool

So, this will guarantee that Roger will stay No 3 until Rome, and possibly until RG, or beyond! Surprised face

Where is the promised Next-Gen?  Hee hee

Check the link in that tweet to the NY Times' article 'The Best Shots in Men's Tennis'... Quite interesting!  Thumbs up

Included is this video for 'Best forehand', which I could watch in a loop the whole day! Love Eyes

Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by HeartoftheMatter Sat May 04, 2019 10:11 pm

There will be, when RF won't be on the courts. Federer is simply one-of-a-kind, inimitable, and specifically "desiged or created" for this purpose, along with a certain personality.
There will always be champions, great players, but never ever such a one as Roger. Unique, with qualities and skills that are particular to him alone, and that cannot be duplicated. It is hard to describe, because after a while the words are inadequate. The divine play and divine player?

HeartoftheMatter

Back to top Go down

Post by oldlady Sun May 05, 2019 12:26 am

^^^
I completely agree with you 'heart'...
Beauty, lightness, flight, elegance and more...
Our beloved champ Roger.  The one and only.

2019 ATP Rankings & Schedule - Page 2 28r2v4n
oldlady
oldlady

Back to top Go down

Post by HeartoftheMatter Sun May 05, 2019 9:38 pm

How good to see you, oldlady, and your always cute and endearing emoticons! I like this yellow background with the small person holding the big red heart! It's "thudding" for Roger! LOL.... Thank you Smiley

HeartoftheMatter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum