Roger Federer Forum
Only members can read the topics or post on this forum.

Please login or register as a new member. It's free... and may you find some old friends!
Roger Federer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2019 ATP Rankings & Schedule

+7
Márcia
TuTi_fanofRFed
Cromar
Marly 103-20
Steerpike60
striker
HeartoftheMatter
11 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Normal Re: 2019 ATP Rankings & Schedule

Post by Steerpike60 Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:40 pm

I saw it on Twitter and FB, but maybe it's not completely official yet, but it probably will be as soon as he wins another match. So no worries.

Steerpike60

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:53 am

Roger apparently qualified for the ATP Finals while sleeping!  Sleepy  Hee hee

On the Live-tennis website, the 'Qualification Cut' as of today is set at 5145. Roger has 5150 RACE points, hence the 'rumor' of his qualification. They are usually pretty accurate with their numbers.  Each week, the cut-off is lowered as the number of remaining tournaments goes down.

The ATP may not announce it until next week, as those numbers are based on 'live' rankings and will only be made official next Monday, when the new rankings are released.

LIVE ATP RACE - 19 Aug 2019

Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by striker Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:36 pm

I read according to the race to London Rafa has overtaken Novak for no 1. I don't get it>>>>in the normal rankings Novak is way ahead. Im not worrying about Roger but its so confusing!
striker
striker

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:58 pm

Nadal took over the top spot in the RACE after winning Montreal. The RACE only counts the points won since the beginning of the season, while the Rankings includes all points won for the last 12 months (on a rolling basis).

Djokovic has 11685 points in the Rankings, that's 7085 points he won this year (the RACE), plus 4600 points he won last year (from the US Open to the end of the season).

Nadal, on the other hand, has only 7945 points in the Rankings, that's 7225 points he won this year (the RACE), plus just 720 points from last year, as he was injured after the US Open and didn't play for the rest of the season.

So, if this year Nadal can continue playing until the end of the season, he could catch up with Djokovic in the Rankings, especially if Novak is not able to defend all his upcoming points, i.e. win the US Open and Shanghai, and at least reach the Finals in Paris and at the World Tour Finals in London. That's a lot! Shocked

And, of course, we can't forget Roger Smile who his just 1000 points behind Nadal, but Roger has a few more points to defend than Nadal for rest of the season (1800 points), so that would be a greater challenge for Roger. He would basically need to win the US Open to have a shot at the number 1, and maybe Shanghai or the WTF, and of course Basel.

We will know more after the US Open! Laughing
Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by striker Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:23 pm

Thank you so much. Never forget Roger!! Im so disappointed at the so-called experts at ESPN. No mention of Roger even when he was good at Wimby. So he didn't win but he showed gumption. They have the other two as winners.
>>WELL YOU "RISE AGAIN" Roger!!! Love it Love it Love it
striker
striker

Back to top Go down

Post by Steerpike60 Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:01 pm

^^^ That shouldn't surprise you that nobody picked Roger, despite Wimbledon. No pundit is going to pick Roger to win a major at his age.
Steerpike60
Steerpike60

Back to top Go down

Normal Looking back at AO 2017 comms predictions

Post by HeartoftheMatter Mon Aug 26, 2019 3:27 pm

They picked players for the AO 2017....calling it 'Daring Predictions' or something similar, and of course, Roger, coming back from having been away, except for the Hopman Cup, was not on it, I believe. At any rate, they did not consider him. "Daring" proved to be meaningless. I find the same here. Any time you have major champions, multiple GS winners, there is a chance for that player to make it to the trophy. Nothing matters, not age...not unless they are fifty of sixty...well, even if I exaggerate.
But then, they were into dismissing Roger around 2008 or so....and it is odd how little imagination they have to see possibilities.
I don't insist that they should have him as one of the top favorites, but it would be reasonable to give him a chance, IMO, knowing whom they are dealing with.
Most of the time Roger has been at that door, ready to go through. That says something.

HeartoftheMatter

Back to top Go down

Post by Steerpike60 Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:55 pm

I don't think anyone is doubting that Roger has a chance. Of course he does. But I fully understand why no one is picking him to win.
Steerpike60
Steerpike60

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Tue Aug 27, 2019 5:22 am

'Round-by-Round' Chart for the US Open 2019

While watching Roger's match (Glad he won! Sunny), I finished the chart and here it is for your reading pleasure!  

The chart is sorted in "Live Ranking' order, that is based on the players' points at the start of the tournament, after deduction of last year points.

The Big Three are well entrenched at the top and will remain there, with Djokovic staying No 1, regardless of what happen at the US Open and who wins.   However, Roger could do battle for the No 2 position! Smile  For this, he would need to reach the SF at least, and maybe have a little help from Nadal!  Wink Gif

Those are the possibilities for Roger to move ahead of Nadal and take over the No 2 position after the US Open:
1. Win the US Open
2. Reach the Final, without Nadal being there.
3. Reach the SF, while Nadal loses before the QF.
- Any other results and Roger will remain No 3 after the US Open (no one behind him can catch up with him at this point).

Of note, del Potro, who is not playing in NY, will be dropping over 50 positions in the rankings since he reached the Final here last year, thus losing 1200 points. Moreover, two top seeds have already left NY, namely Fognini (11) and Pella (19), who lost their first round match on Monday (as shown on the chart).

P.S.: Also posted in the US Open 2019 thread, under 'ATP Tournaments (with RF)'.
Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:42 am

Steerpike60 wrote:I saw it on Twitter and FB, but maybe it's not completely official yet, but it probably will be as soon as he wins another match.  So no worries.

It's official now...  Love Eyes  Clapping Hands

Federer Qualifies For Record-Extending 17th Nitto ATP Finals

Swiss star joins Nadal and Djokovic at The O2 in November

Roger Federer has qualified for the Nitto ATP Finals for a record-extending 17th time after winning his first-round match against qualifier Sumit Nagal on Monday night at the US Open. Federer will attempt to capture a seventh season-ending crown alongside five-time former titlist Novak Djokovic and Rafael Nadal, who have already clinched their places, at The O2 in London from 10-17 November.

"I really look forward to returning to London to play at The O2," said Federer. "It is always one of the main goals to qualify for the year-end event. I love competing there among the other top players."

The 38-year-old Federer competed at the elite eight-player event in 2002-15 and 2017-18, with a 57-15 match record (.792), including titles in 2003-04, 2006-07, 2010-11. He also reached the final on four other occasions, finishing runner-up to David Nalbandian in 2005 and to Djokovic in 2012, 2014-15.

Read more here : ATP Press Release
Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by HeartoftheMatter Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:52 pm

Wow! Wow! You Rock , Roger, in case you did not realize these accolades are for you! it is a really great achievement, and it just demonstrates, in yet another area, what heights you play at.

HeartoftheMatter

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:05 pm

Here we are - the last chart of 2019!  Crying  sniff, sniff!

End-of-Year Ranking Chart for 2019 (Top 15 players)   

Roger started the year as No. 3, and finished ranked No. 3 as well, after a little swing to No. 6 and 7 earlier in the season. So, another pretty good year, indeed, for our Maestro!  Clapping Hands

Especially when you consider that a third of the players who were in the top 20 at the beginning of the season are no longer there, while new faces of the NextGen were making their presence known.

Here is a summary of those who started and finished in the top 20 in 2019, those who joined the select group and those who left, some due to major or recurring injury (Del Potro, Anderson, Raonic).

But the more things change, the more they stay the same! Wink Gif We still have the same names in the Top 3, although not quite in the same order, as the No. 1 and No. 2 decided to switched places, Nadal ending the year as the new No. 1.

Below is a graph that shows the rankings points of the top 20 players at the end of the season (colored columns), with in the background (in grey) their corresponding ranking points, and ranking number, at the start of the year.

The yellow doted line represents the end-of-year ranking, which means that those who started the year ranked below that line (grey squares) have improved their ranking during the season, while those seating above the line dropped in the rankings.  

Noteworthy Moves

UP:
- Medvedev:   16    Getting out      5
- Berretttini:    54    Getting out      8   Surprised face
- Monfils:        29    Getting out    10
- Wawrinka:    66    Getting out    16 (returning from injury)

DOWN:
- Zverev:           4   Getting out      7
- Khachanov:  11   Getting out    17
- Isner:            10   Getting out    19

Working on next year chart already. Can't wait!  Happy

2019 ATP Ranking Chart #Final (21 Nov.)

* Roger N° 3 *

1/3: 2019 Ranking Chart #Final - Players 1-5

2/3: 2019 Ranking Chart #Final - Players 6-10

3/3: 2019 Ranking Chart #Final - Players 11-15

Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosaline Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:57 pm

Has anyone else in UK noticed that the BBC teletext is STILL showing Djoko as World No.1? This is simply crazy!!! I keep meaning to tweet them to tell them to make the change to Rafa. I think they haven't updated since before the WTF if then, as I think I'm right that several other players are wrongly ranked!

Rosaline

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum