Roger Federer Forum
Only members can read the topics or post on this forum.

Please login or register as a new member. It's free... and may you find some old friends!
Roger Federer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DUBAI RE and BEYOND...

5 posters

Go down

Normal DUBAI RE and BEYOND...

Post by Kazzie Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:18 pm

It's great to see so many familiar names here.  Thanks so much Lil_Jay for taking the initiative to try and reunite the wondeRF FEDFamily.  Along with the loss of the Forum, we have sadly also lost one of our most treasured traditions, the RED ENVELOPE.  A few of us received the message below from Joyce:

RE RIP 2017

I know fans have been wondering about the RE for 2017.
As the only original RE group member left, I have decided to officially retire the RE as it existed.
Now with no rf.com there is no RE.
Keep in mind that the RE is an rf.com tradition, special and unique to Rogi’s old forum.
Remember the RE’s origins and purpose, which let rf.com fans send messages to Rogi at different tournaments.
The RE was never meant to be public. It wasn’t broadcasted on FB, twitter or other social media where all and sundry/trolls/haters could invade and spoil for the rf.com fans. The RE was expressly created for rf.com members.  
The RE can no longer exist without the rf.com forum. Without membership in rf.com, there can be no compilation of messages of support from that particular membership.
Once rf.com/forum shut down, the RE died a natural death, marking the end of the RE tradition. It may be sad but this tradition lasted from 2003 Wimbledon to 2016 Wimbledon! It’s enjoyed a long and happy life!  
Rogi now returning in 2017 after being off half a year recuperating from knee surgery, signals a new beginning, for him and for us, his fans.
So with this new year and new experience for Rogi, we fans can start a brand new tradition other than the RE – let's be creative and innovative!
Note that not all rf.commers are on FB or twitter and cannot participate or many who did participate cannot be contacted therefore, making the old RE obsolete.
Let us RF fans – even for those not on social media – move forward with different ideas.
It may be the end of the RE ERA, but Rogi carries on!

Thanks for helping me all these years and for all the RE memories,
Joyce (RogiFan)

Prior to the AO, a few fans created the RF❤️Box on FB and happily messages of encouragement and support were able to be delivered to Our Champ.  Now that we have a new Forum and in light of Joyce's directive above, we feel it's time to put our heads together and really be creative as to what we should do going forward.  If you would like to be part of our brainstorming project, please let me know.

In the meanwhile, I will post details separately for DUBAI.

Kazzie

Back to top Go down

Normal Re: DUBAI RE and BEYOND...

Post by norinchi Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:03 pm

Thanks for bringing Joyce´s words here, and I really hope something new come up with the agreement of all the fans. Laughing Idea
norinchi
norinchi

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazzie Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:38 pm

thank you Dino Smile

Kazzie

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazzie Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:10 pm

Details are below in a separate thread, but if you would like to send messages of encouragement, support and congratulations, please either send me a PM or email rogerdubai2017@gmail.com
DEADLINE: FEBRUARY 22

Kazzie

Back to top Go down

Post by Loti Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:59 pm

Great to have a "place to go" again everyone.. well done for all your efforts
Kazzie - have a great time in Dubai xxx

Loti

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazzie Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:22 pm

thanks Loti Smile Please send your message before 22 Feb... either here via PM or email: rogerdubai2017@gmail.com

Kazzie

Back to top Go down

Post by Gjm127 Sun Feb 19, 2017 3:39 am

Looking forward to Dubai ! Roger has no points to defend at all until MC. I wonder what ranking he can possibly have at RG if he simply reaches QFs of all tournaments he's supposed to play at.
Gjm127
Gjm127

Back to top Go down

Post by avasbar Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:58 am

Not knowing really where to share this vid, I've decided that this Tribute to Rog18 is an expression of all of us United by Rog so Im bringing it here. Some of our forum fans are in it..

avasbar
avasbar

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazzie Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:07 am

Thanks so much for bringing this here! I participated

Kazzie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down