Roger Federer Forum
Only members can read the topics or post on this forum.

Please login or register as a new member. It's free... and may you find some old friends!
Roger Federer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latin American Exhibition Tour 2019

+7
Marly 103-20
Márcia
federerworshipper
Sherl
fedled
Rufus1
Cromar
11 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

Normal Re: Latin American Exhibition Tour 2019

Post by ph∞be Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:14 am

Please, please Team8 make it available for those of us who do not have ESPN. I suppose it is too much to hope that Canada's TSN will pick it up.

ph∞be

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:30 pm

It looks like the press had a preview of the documentary 'Roger Federer:  Everywhere is Home' that is to be aired on ESPN tomorrow (see above).  Wink Gif

Roger Federer ‘emotionally wasted’ after rioting in Bogota during tour

Reuters | theguardian.com  
Mon 16 Dec 2019

Federer broke down in tears after match called off in Colombia
‘I had a bit of a breakdown. It wasn’t going to be a dream match’

Latin American Exhibition Tour 2019 - Page 7 3120

Roger Federer and Germany’s Alexander Zverev during a press conference in Bogota last month.
Photograph: Luisa González/Reuters

Roger Federer admits he broke down with emotion during last month’s tour of Mexico and South America after rioting in Bogota forced him to cancel his exhibition match against Germany’s Alexander Zverev.

The 38-year-old’s five-country tour is covered in broadcaster ESPN’s documentary Roger Federer: Everywhere is Home, which will air on 17 December.

It charts the 20-times grand slam champion’s journey, including the history-making match in Mexico City’s bullring when 42,517 delirious fans watched him take on Zverev – a record crowd for a tennis match.

One of the most memorable segments of the documentary comes in Bogota when demonstrations and riots led to a curfew in Colombia’s capital shortly before Federer and Zverev were supposed to start their match.

With a huge crowd already present, Federer reluctantly decided the situation was not safe. Footage shows Federer walking back to his locker room where he broke down in tears and was hugged by Zverev.

“We went to warm up and were having a blast on the court, but then everything started to get a bit crazy,” Federer said. “I was thinking is this the best scenario? People need to get home and be safe and this was when I knew we shouldn’t play, it was too much stress and pressure for everybody.

“I had a bit of a breakdown. It was not going to be the dream match it was supposed to have been and I could feel it all falling apart. When I came back [to the locker room] I was emotionally wasted.“

Throughout Federer’s illustrious career, visits to South America have been rare with few big tournaments held there. His tour took in Chile, Argentina, Colombia, Ecuador and Mexico.
Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Normal Roger: everywhere

Post by HeartoftheMatter Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:02 pm

ph∞be wrote:Please, please Team8 make it available for those of us who do not have ESPN. I suppose it is too much to hope that Canada's TSN will pick it up.
I really want to see it, too. I pay too much for TSN, so why isn't it showb? I will check.

HeartoftheMatter

Back to top Go down

Post by HeartoftheMatter Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:22 pm

It sounds so wonderful for all involved. The fans everywhere, and for Roger, and I am sure for Zverev, too. 
 Thanks to the hosting countries, and to the team travelling with Roger, and Zverev, and all the fans who displayed so much passion. 
 We understand those feelings all too well.

HeartoftheMatter

Back to top Go down

Post by federerworshipper Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:56 am

It was a good half hour at 8:pm in my time zone. Hope you'll get to see it. The best part is that it was broadcast by ESPN prime time with a Roger Rolex commercial in there. Good exposure. Well done Tony and Roger (Team8).

Roger broke down crying after leaving the arena in Bogota and Sascha was hugging him and comforting him. What a guy, I guess he was frustrated and hated that the fans were terribly disappointed. That's a pity and hard luck in Bogota for everybody.
federerworshipper
federerworshipper

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:39 pm

Here are the links to the three-part video of the ESPN show, uploaded by BE Choo. As a protection, those videos are 'unlisted', so you can't find them on YouTube unless you have the links. Enjoy!  Smile  

Note by cromar (Dec 23 2019): Those videos are no longer available, due to copyright claim by Disney (owner of ESPN) - Not to surprised, I must say!  Hope you had a chance to view them before they disappeared!  Wink Gif

EIH Part 1 : https://youtu.be/eo6PApyEMNo (11:38)

EIH Part 2 : https://youtu.be/SvENBuPU2Pw  (7:00)

EIH Part 3 : https://youtu.be/ZSkxf74gwXw  (7:09)
Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by Rufus1 Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:06 pm

HeartoftheMatter wrote:
ph∞be wrote:Please, please Team8 make it available for those of us who do not have ESPN. I suppose it is too much to hope that Canada's TSN will pick it up.
I really want to see it, too. I pay too much for TSN, so why isn't it showb? I will check.
TSN4 tonight at 7:30

Rufus1

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:28 pm

Txs Rufus! Cheering   I didn't expect that! Setting my DVR right now. Smile
Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:18 pm

Roger is keeping the promis he made to his fans last year in Bogota: 'I'll be back!"  Smile

But I am kind of surprised that he is going to squeeze this match in between Indian Wells and Miami!  Shocked

Roger to return to Bogota in 2020 with Sasha

EN24 News  Facebook  - December 21, 2019

According to IMLA, the company responsible for organizing the match between Roger Federer and Alexander Zverev in Bogota, both players will return to the capital on

Tuesday, March 24, 2020        

to play the pending game. This new duel will take place in the Movistar Arena in Bogota, at 6:00 p.m..

Originally, the meeting between Federer and Zverev was planned for November 22, 2019, however, it was canceled due to the curfew that was ordered for the entire city that night.

“From the first minute in which the cancellation of the meeting was announced, a constant conversation arose between Roger and his team of representatives on how this situation could be resolved. Roger was very eager to play this game in Bogota for the spectacular memories of his visit to the city in 2012. In the talk he left the clear intention that Roger would return to Colombia to play in front of his great fanatic, ”said Manuel Mate, IMLA manager of Colombia.

What will happen to the 2019 tickets?
As IMLA confirmed, people who bought their ticket for the Federer Vs Zverev meeting, on November 22, 2019, will have the benefit of attending the new event at no additional cost.

NOTE: This event was cancelled following Roger's knee surgery in February 2020:

Latin American Exhibition Tour 2019 - Page 7 ERNj3qKX0AAebPw?format=jpg&name=medium
Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by federerworshipper Tue Dec 24, 2019 7:39 am

^^^^
Bogota Hold your peace for Roger and his fans please...  I hope Roger would change his mind about playing the clay.. How is he going to do Indian Wells, and Miami, and Columbia and the French and Wimby and the Olympics... Why, why Oh why  Bonk Hope he stays healthy and injury free.
federerworshipper
federerworshipper

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Mon Feb 07, 2022 11:58 am

A fun thread to revisit...

I have just been updating the Latin American Exhibition Tour 2019 thread, as the other day I noticed that many of the videos originally posted couldn't be viewed. It seems that Twitter has changed some of its behind-the-scene setup, creating havoc with many of the Twitter videos I posted. I will have to go through the entire Forum trying to catch the others!   Wink Gif

Although going through this process wasn't what I like to do most, I have thoroughly enjoyed revising this thread. The Latin American Tour was so much fun, so many great moments with Roger and Sasha, unbelievable fans and braking attendance records in huge stadiums never seen before in tennis.

In these down times, you too may enjoy revisiting this thread. It is found here: 'General Tennis, Team Events & Exhibitions, Other Past Events, Latin American Exhibition Tour 2019 
.  Smile
Cromar
Cromar

norinchi, federerworshipper and slaie_thuin like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum