Roger Federer Forum
Only members can read the topics or post on this forum.

Please login or register as a new member. It's free... and may you find some old friends!
Roger Federer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Drug Testing and Anti-Doping Violations

+9
Rufus1
MaxUS
RoGer 2 Death
tvradke
RogerNo.1
avasbar
Márcia
wcr
Cromar
13 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Normal Re: Drug Testing and Anti-Doping Violations

Post by avasbar Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:17 pm

Is there any record of Women athletes using this hormone regulator to modify/delay/inhibit their periods???

Ive often wondered how the women manage this. Bummer if you suffer PMT or other issues with a big match coming up.

avasbar

HeartoftheMatter likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by anutam Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:06 pm

About covering the players: as i understood, the test was taken in February, Errany was informed about the result in April, ITF panel discussed this case in the middle of July, and Errany continues to play (with ITF permission apparently). She played last week in DC and withdraw from Toronto last moment - practically when the information about failed test somehow went to press. If not this leakage - who knows may be we have never heard about it.
And she criticized Rome for WC for Sharapova when she already knew that failed the test. Means she has never expected that it will be known to the public.
anutam
anutam

Back to top Go down

Post by RogerNo.1 Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:46 pm

^^^^

not only that but apparently she wasn't tested once between February and June. That's after testing positive! The system is a joke. 

RogerNo.1
RogerNo.1

Back to top Go down

Normal drugtest

Post by RogerNo.1 Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:26 pm

BTW, now wait for it: Errani's mother is a pharmacist. Shocked Brings back memories of Mr. Gower in It's a Wonderful Life putting the poison in the prescription bottle, only this time it ended up in the pasta. Laughing
RogerNo.1
RogerNo.1

Back to top Go down

Normal ITF Drug Testing and Anti-Doping Violations

Post by MaxUS Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:01 am

RogerNo.19 wrote:Then why is it banned both in and out of competition?
Why, indeed?

As this is my last chance to comment further on this general topic before Roger takes to the court tomorrow, I'm going to point the discussion in the direction of a very disturbing documentary that I've just finished watching that was recently made available on Netflix. Given the enormity of the subject matter, I'm shocked and depressed that I'm only now learning about the nuts and bolts about why the entire Russian Federation was at one time banned from the Rio Olympics and the implications that the ban being lifted for a majority of the Russian Olympic team has when one considers that individual governing bodies (in this case the IOC, but it also applies to the ITF/ATP/WTA) have a vested interest in not exposing the cheats. There really is no hope.

Icarus: A Doping House of Cards Tumbles Down

My take away: There is no way that the public can reasonably expect to watch a reasonably clean sporting event of any kind where money or prestige is available. I feel so lucky to admire an athlete in Roger Federer whose success is so obviously based on a magical concoction of love for the game, natural genius, and an impeccable work ethic. I believe that there are no chemicals in existence that could help anyone reproduce the magic of Roger's game which I see as a perfect blend of imagination, improvisation, strength, skill, and determination.

Without neither the height of the giants with huge serves nor the tree trunk legs and arms of the grunters and grinders, that Roger has managed to shine so brightly for so long in such a dark environment as professional sports is a mind-boggling achievement. Tomorrow afternoon cannot come soon enough for me.
MaxUS
MaxUS

Back to top Go down

Normal Doping Blog

Post by dung98 Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:18 am

https://tennishasadopingproblem358094286.wordpress.com/2017/12/03/welcome/
I have just found this blog .They discuss about doping in tennis.

dung98

Back to top Go down

Normal Spinach

Post by HeartoftheMatter Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:13 pm

NEWS! Didn't know where to put this information. Found on CNN International site, an article about a performance enhancing substance found naturally in spinach that should be put on WADA banned chemical list.
Since Popeye was mentioned, I was not sure if it was a real story. But two writers, a Stephanie Halasz, and a man, wrote about WADA having conducted a trial with ecdysterone, found in spinach, and also available in powder form, to dramatically increase performance of athletes. I think this is
based on gym performance, but the results indicate that those who used the supplement increased their performance significantly...
It can't be tested for, as it is no on the banned substances list. But it is available as a supplement.
If this is true, then it is real news. And if it is real, then it could provide a very significant edge to some players.
I could not provide a link, or even copy some of the text from the article.
Those who can do so, please check out CNN.com International Edition website.

HeartoftheMatter

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:36 am

HeartoftheMatter wrote:
[....]
I could not provide a link, or even copy some of the text from the article.
Those who can do so, please check out CNN.com International Edition website

Here is the article and link you referred to. Interesting stuff... I really should eat my spinach!  Giggle

Spinach chemical should be put on doping ban list, say researchers

By Jack Guy and Stephanie Halasz, CNN
Tue June 25, 2019

Drug Testing and Anti-Doping Violations - Page 3 190625092540-popeye-spinach-restricted-exlarge-169
Popeye reaches for a can of spinach in a still from an unidenitified Popeye film, c. 1945.
(Image by Paramount Pictures/Courtesy of Getty Images)
Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by HeartoftheMatter Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:23 am

MaxUs, it is disheartening. Often one does not even hear about serious violations, and it is only years after the deed that one happens to learn of it.
It is a difficult task for the sports bodies, to be sure: they don't want to discourage people or harm the sport, and its money generating potential, and at the same time they know that it harms the sport, or sports. I think that the list of forbidden substances should be update, and it must be ensure that testing takes place regularly.
Roger had once suggested a "blood passport" which showed, I think, the picture of the blood and any alterations due to substances or masking agents. But even some drugs that could be tested for are not tested, are not on the list.
There is also a host of questions about substances. There are those that directly influence performance, such as the blood transfusions that provided more erythrocytes to the blood, with their higher load of oxygen bearing capability, or other drugs that increase nervous system response, greater acumen and reaction times, and so on.
Then there are supplements, that along with training, add greater bulk, muscle, and importantly, endurance. Some of these are derived from natural substances, and there most be so many different kinds available, and more being synthetically manufactured.
However, even with these, just as steroids have harmful effects, who knows what is harmful after a certain while, or a certain amount, or frequency of taking?
We risk running into a situation in which, as someone on Roger's old forum or here said, that the real competition will be between labs that manufacture
"winning substances."

HeartoftheMatter

Back to top Go down

Post by HeartoftheMatter Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:26 am

P.S. I see this is much later addition than most of the material here. Well, we know the devil never rests. (although I always think the devil, potentially, can arise within an individual, due to whatever influences or weaknesses, rather than an outside non-specific malignancy.)

HeartoftheMatter

Back to top Go down

Post by HeartoftheMatter Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:45 pm

The site for performance iimproving drugs is long and varied. There are so many ways and types of drugs, including ever new ones that have not even been approved for human use re safety concerns, such as the synthetic oxygen carrier drugs.
 Australian scientists have been working on doping and their approach is to see the known effects of what a drug does in an athlete, rather than search for markers. For example, I think, Cannas way back when he came back from suspension and played with power and elan and precision. So the effect of some drugs is still at work after the players stops taking it. Such are certain steroids, used together with exercise, which leave benefits for the player after they are no longer used.
 Muscle cells may shrink when use is stopped, but the nucleus remains in the muscle and will again develop with exercise.
 But the intersting one is the Australian appraoch: very noteworthy and its approach could potentially indicate some users of PEDs.
 This is reallly noteworthy because as soon as new methods are discovered to track and find the use of PEDs masking agents and other methods to avoid detection are found.

HeartoftheMatter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum