Roger Federer Forum
Only members can read the topics or post on this forum.

Please login or register as a new member. It's free... and may you find some old friends!
Roger Federer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2018 General Tennis News

+6
Cromar
Steerpike60
ph∞be
HeartoftheMatter
Márcia
tvradke
10 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

Normal Re: 2018 General Tennis News

Post by Cromar Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:29 am

A pretty hot couple!   On fire  Embarassed

The Fogninis go all-out Armani

By Stephanie Myles - Tennis Life
December 1, 2018

The family that poses for underwear ads together, stays together.

Fabio Fognini, 31, and Flavia Pennetta, 36, the Italian lovebirds who married in June, 2016 and had son Federico in May, 2017, are letting it all hang out.

Sponsored

The two are the new ambassadors for Emporio Armani and the EA7 sportswear collection.

There’s a kids’ collection, too.

Does that mean there might be a third Fognini embarking on a modelling career?

Doubtful.

The Fogninis have been extra careful never to show their young son’s face, despite all the pics they’ve posted of him.

Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by Steerpike60 Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:45 pm

Chris Chase, a sports columnist who was a big fan of Roger's and wrote many articles about him died yesterday at the age of 37.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/12/chris-chase-obituary
Steerpike60
Steerpike60

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:39 am

Lucas Pouille is looking at turning the tied in 2019 with a new coach, none other than Murray's ex-coach, Amélie Mauresmo!  Good for him!  

Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Fri Dec 07, 2018 4:06 am

Max Mirnyi is saying good-bye after 22 years on the tour. A well deserved rest. Happy retirement Max! Clapping Hands

"When Max Mirnyi recently retired from professional tennis at the age of 41, this towering figure from Belarus left with no regrets whatsoever. He had been out there competing honorably across 22 seasons, winning no fewer than 52 doubles tournaments on the ATP World Tour, taking six majors in men’s doubles and four more in mixed, claiming his first doubles title in 1997 and his last earlier this year."

Did you know that he played doubles with Roger, wining three titles together? Smile  

"[Mirnyi had many partners...] One of those partners happened to be Roger Federer. They secured three titles together, winning Rotterdam and Moscow in 2002 and Miami the following year. He recalls, “Roger was on his way up to the domination he would establish for about five or six years when nobody could touch him. We hardly lost together. It was incredible to be on the same side of the court with him. He was breathing in confidence that he would project on every point. He felt that the bigger the moment, the more he could produce. It was a big luxury to play with him.”

Read full article here: Mirnyi leaves the game with no regrets after competing for 22 years  

Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by HeartoftheMatter Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:31 pm

Compliments, Mr. Mirnyi! I remember you from singles matches very well. You had a wonderful career!

HeartoftheMatter

Back to top Go down

Post by HeartoftheMatter Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:39 pm

Steerpike60 wrote:Chris Chase, a sports columnist who was a big fan of Roger's and wrote many articles about him died yesterday at the age of 37.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/12/chris-chase-obituary
So sorry, and so sad for his family! What a young age to die. The article didn't mention the cause of death.
I notice that there is a GoFundMe site for his family. Good idea to help this young family.

HeartoftheMatter

Back to top Go down

Post by HeartoftheMatter Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:42 pm

,,,Max Mirnyi, just wanted to add how wonderful that you played so late! It is different in doubles, but nevertheless it is demanding, in reflexes, in movement and all other skills. That is quite an accomplishment in itself!

HeartoftheMatter

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:18 am

With his coaches Yannick Fattebert and Magnus Norman, Stan Wawrinka is currently training in Monaco with David Goffin.

Hoping that we will see an in-form Stan in 2019!   Happy  

2018 General Tennis News - Page 7 Topelement

2018 General Tennis News - Page 7 Dt6YuB1WkAA0gDF

2018 General Tennis News - Page 7 Dt0aQz8XcAEf4Oy

Beautiful place! Sunny
Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:35 am

New WTA rules

Serena should happy with #6!  Smile

Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by federerworshipper Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:32 am

I wonder what killed Chris Chase at such a young age. I couldn't find anything on Google. What a tragedy for his family.
federerworshipper
federerworshipper

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:36 pm

The ATP will have a new look and logo in 2019, and will be known from now on as the "ATP Tour"... gone is the 'World'!

The new brand toolkit will be shared with all ATP tournaments, players and partners across the globe so that they can create their own bespoke marketing campaigns - delivering vibrant and exciting content that is consistent with the ATP’s new style and approach. The work includes distinctive new identities for the Nitto ATP Finals, Next Gen ATP Finals, ATP 1000s, ATP 500s and ATP 250 tournaments, as well as over 100 unique player profile brands – from icons like Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic to the next generation of stars such as Alexander Zverev, Stefanos Tsitsipas and Denis Shapovalov.

Love It All campaign  

The marketing activity will run across all digital channels, as well as TV advertising delivered through specific ATP tournaments. The campaign will emphasise the “Love It All” message by highlighting the 63 tournaments across 31 countries during the 2019 season – from Brisbane in January to the season-defining Nitto ATP Finals in London.

The new ATP brand and marketing campaign will go live on 1 January 2019.

Source: ATP Unveils New Brand And "Love It All" Global Marketing Campaign
Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:17 pm

Andy Murray is planning to return to the competition next year starting with the Brisbane tournament.

Andy Murray heading to Brisbane early to prepare for tournament

by: Kamakshi Tandon | Tennis.com  
December 20, 2018

Andy Murray has arranged to travel to Brisbane a week before the tournament begins, indicating he plans to return to competition at the beginning of the season.

The three-time Grand Slam champion has played just one event since the US Open, and competed in just a handful of tournaments this season during a stop-and-start comeback from hip surgery. Murray is among the many players who have scheduled to arrive in Brisbane early, according to Brisbane's Courier-Mail.

Murray has recently published photos of himself on social media on court with Fernando Verdasco and training in the gym, saying he was "getting ready" for next season. Verdasco and Murray appear to have resolved their conflict about whether Verdasco had broken the heat rule in their second-round encounter during the US Open.

Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by HeartoftheMatter Mon Dec 24, 2018 4:22 am

I can't say that I necessarily "love it all"! The ATP poster looks good, inspirational, except for "all to be No ! with guess whose picture on it. Yes, the charming one. What would I wish? I would wish Roger to have more GS titles, and ATP titles, and I would like to see Stan play, and Zverev, who should be uplifted, and some others like Tsitsipas, and Goffin, and it would be nice to see Dimitrov defeat say, ND, foil all that cannon ball hitting and bashing.
I don't know if Delpo is playing. He is fortunate, or played well to have another GS title, which I don't see for Cilic, going by height here. And is it Bashilashvili, who looked promising? There are possibilities, but overall I don't see a big wave of new ones dominating yet. Or one or two. I don't know about Nadal, what with his knee for years, now healed, then didn't he have a hip problem in Australia some years ago when he lost to Stan, and this year it was supposed to have been the hip again but turned out to be the ankle? Too many body parts going off, unless it is a way of going out at times to rest. That I can't tell.
And a couple of Americans to consider, then Raonic. He can't increase his serve speed, can he,withouot injuring his shoulder or rotator cuff? His game is much better than it had been, but I don't see the GS in him.
My main interest, the driving fire and spark is Roger, of course. It may be best that he not be overdetermined. He is so wonderful at pacing himself, in games, and in sets through a match: what a great advantage.
Still amazed with his forehands, when he goes cross court, to see that lash of the ball's trajectory and then, to see a secondary lash, as though he had hit it twice, is amazing! Still, usually it is best .....well, to let him make up his mind before or along the way on how he is going to approach the AO! It is good that he is going to Hopman again as it is a good way to get into the playing rhythm, with less stress.
Don't stress, Roger! Being yourself and knowing who that is on that court is more than enough: it also will bring its streams of sparks of genius.
Yes, Roger, FIRE AND ICE!

HeartoftheMatter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum