Roger Federer Forum
Only members can read the topics or post on this forum.

Please login or register as a new member. It's free... and may you find some old friends!
Roger Federer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Latin American Exhibition Tour 2019

+7
Marly 103-20
Márcia
federerworshipper
Sherl
fedled
Rufus1
Cromar
11 posters

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Normal Re: Latin American Exhibition Tour 2019

Post by Cromar Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:06 pm

Playing over the equator...    

Very cool!  Thumbs up

Quito ▶ Roger Federer in the northern hemisphere, and Alexander Zverev in the south, during an exhibition game in the 'Middle of the World' city.

Video Camera Radio Play Internacional Twitter@RadioPlayInter - Nov 24, 2019

Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Sun Nov 24, 2019 9:21 pm

All set for HIS MAJESTAD, Roger Federer!

The General Rumiñahui Coliseum is ready to welcome Roger Federer and Alexander Zverev tonight in the capital. The 'Mitad del Mundo' tournament is part of the Festival of Quito activities.

Latin American Exhibition Tour 2019 - Page 6 EKKUeNWXYAYy4hD
Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:14 am

From a fan on Tweeter...

"The impossible was done... 'gran show Federer en Quito' "!

Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Mon Nov 25, 2019 5:29 am

Alexander Zverev Twitter @AlexZverev - Nov 23
Ready to Rumble 🇲🇽On fire @rogerfederer

Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:40 am

Quito, Ecuador - November 24, 2019

Part II - Roger and Sasha's visit to the 'Mitad del Mundo'

Roger Federer and Alexander Zverev visited the 'Mitad Del Mundo', and after playing a tennis match on a mini-court set across the equator line, the Mayor of Quito, Loro Homero, presented Federer with the keys to the city and a tree of 1,000,001 in Zverev's honor.

That was followed by a press conference moderated by Nicolas Lapentti. Beautiful setting!

And Roger had to try his hand at the traditional 'egg test', the balancing of an egg on a nail, defying the law of gravity (some claim that it can be done not only at the equator). But never-the-less, it's a great tourist attraction in Quito.

Reportedly, Roger got the egg to stand on the nail within seconds, and he did it twice! "MASTER of bowling and egg 🥚" one of the posters claimed. It took Zverev a few minutes to do it apparently.

When Roger left the Mitad Del Mundo, it was chaos, this poster said. "But well, he felt the affection, he felt the affection." Love it

Fans' Tetimony  Love Eyes  Love it
Lovely message and picture that shows the essence of Roger's love for his fans, especially young ones, and vise a versa.

Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:04 pm

Part III - The 'Mitad del Mundo' tournament - Last one of the LATAM Tour

A last Court Entrance, but the "Ole, Ole, Ole, Roger, Roger" by 12,000 passionate fans left an impression on Roger.

Video Camera CanalTenis.com 🎾  Twitter @canal_tenis - Nov 23, 2019

The last match of the tour was full of fun times...

Zverev: "This isn't a soccer match, Roger!"  Smile  Laughing

Video Camera Ronny LargoTwitter @jyotishangel - Nov 24, 2019

Another funny moment... After some rather adorn shoes, Zverev got himself a new head band!  Hee hee

Roger cracked up!  Laughing

A last serve and match Point... Roger wins 6-3, 6-4.

Video Camera Comite Olimpico_Ecu Twitter @ECUADORolimpico - Nov 24, 2019

A peRFect end! Roger has won three of the 4 matches on the tour.  Thumbs up

Kind of sad to see the end of this wonderful Latin American Tour. It has been a lot of fun and Roger seems to have enjoyed himself immensely. I  am happy for him!  Love Eyes    

Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Mon Nov 25, 2019 4:40 pm

Part IV of the Quito story, with the trophy ceremony and all, still to come...

Meanwhile, here you can watch the replay of the match, including the post-match proceedings (made available by Ecuador TV on FB):  

> Full video of the Mitad del Mundo match in Quito on FB

The entire broadcast last almost five hours (4:45). It starts with the coverage of a mixed doubles match, followed by the singles Gomez-Lapenti. Roger-Zverev singles match is last and starts at 2:40:00.

FB Video: Facebook @EcuadorTV

Latin American Exhibition Tour 2019 - Page 6 Quito_11
Latin American Exhibition Tour 2019 - Page 6 Circled-play
Video Camera Ecuador TV was live on Nov 24, 2019
Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:04 am

Part IV - Trophy Ceremony

Trophy speech

"What a luxury to see Roger Federer in Quito. He is a tremendous human being."

Video Camera JACP Twitter @JACPLDU - Nov 24, 2019

"Second part of the thanks by @rogerfederer in Quito. Long and exhausting day but always was in his best spirits and willing to share and enjoy with people. Write down the date, November 24, 2019. Federer in Ecuador." (Translated from Spanish)

Video Camera Andres Guschmer T. Twitter @aguschmer - Nov 24, 2019

Roger ended his hugely successful Latin American Tour in the 'Mitad del Mundo' in front of 12,000 passionate fans, with the sound of  Music to my ears Ole, Ole, Ole, Roger, Roger Music to my ears still ringing in his hears.

Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:12 am

THANK YOU, SASHA !  Love Eyes

And one cannot end this coverage without a big THANK YOU to Alexander Zverev, who played along with Roger on this grueling schedule with great humour and always with a smile on his face.  Bravo Sasha!  Clapping Hands  Viva LATAM!  Ta-da Fanfare

A summary of the Tour results

Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:38 am

It was really enjoyable to see Roger having so much pleasure on this tour and seeing so many passionate fans showering Roger with all the love they have for him.

The size of the stadiums, especially in Mexico, and the number of people who attended everywhere, was truly impressive.

I hope you enjoyed the coverage of the tour, and let me know if you have any suggestions for making this forum more attractive to more people. Don't hesitate to send me a PM.
Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by fedled Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:29 pm

Thank you for your work here Marianne, I know from my own experience on the Facebook version of this forum just how much effort it takes to keep up with all the information from the various sources and when it's in a foreign language it is more difficult.  It was an unforgettable experience for we Roger-watchers as well as Roger and his support team. 

This was one of my favourite images of the LATAM Tour - our caballero with his Mexican hat and trophy ... Wendy Lewis

Latin American Exhibition Tour 2019 - Page 6 2019_s10
fedled
fedled

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:14 am

Thank you Wendy!  Smile   I didn't know this was you!  Embarassed 

I do visit your FB site quite often and noticed all the work you do there. Yes, it's time consuming, especially searching around for the best pictures or most relevant information. There is so much out there, but not all interesting or accurate. 

And you are right, this tour was especially difficult for me as I have absolutely no knowledge of Spanish. Usually, I get along fine with my French and basic German knowledge. Translate was my favorite button this last week!  Laughing
Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by ph∞be Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:59 am

Thank you so much cromar- for all the work you do. I am not on FB or Twitter so it is really nice for me to have all this Roger info in one place.
ph∞be
ph∞be

Back to top Go down

Post by Márcia Wed Nov 27, 2019 11:58 am

I second ph∞be's words. Thank you so much, cromar and lil_jay, for this wonderful place.
Márcia
Márcia

Back to top Go down

Normal ESPN: 'Roger Federer: Everywhere is Home'

Post by Cromar Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:56 pm

Mark this date on your calendar if you have access to ESPN...

Tuesday Dec. 17 - 8 p.m.

This should be a great show and a wonderful closing note to this exceptional tour! Smile
Unfortunately, I won't know... ESPN doesn't come north to Canada  Crying

Unprecedented Access to All-Time Great during Exhibition Tour

Dave Nagle | ESPN Press Room 
13 Dec. 2019

Latin American Exhibition Tour 2019 - Page 6 Federer-Show-780x405

Half-Hour Show December 17

ESPN will bring fans closer than ever to Roger Federer with Roger Federer:  Everywhere is Home on Tuesday, Dec. 17, at 8 p.m. ET and unprecedented access to the 38-year-all tennis legend during his recent five-exhibition tour of Latin America.  Roger Federer:  Everywhere is Home is a captivating portrait of a beloved global hero being embraced by adoring fans everywhere he goes, in a region where he had visited only once before.

ESPN’s Tom Rinaldi hosts the half-hour show, travelling through Latin America with the superstar and his entourage, and conducting multiple interviews during the very intense week-long journey in November.

The show captures many memorable moments on and off the court during that week. A clear standout was the shattering of the record for largest attendance at a single tennis match in history, when 42,517 delirious fans watched Federer tangle in an immense bull fighting stadium in Mexico City with his sparring partner for each match on the trip, young German star Sascha Zverev. Other sold-out, thoroughly festive exhibitions were played in Chile, Argentina and Ecuador. Federer and his team even received a very direct taste of the political unrest currently troubling the region when a match in Bogota, Colombia was abruptly called off just as it was starting, due to a suddenly-imposed 8 p.m. government curfew designed to control brewing street riots.

Reflecting on the journey, Federer himself was enchanted and humbled by the experience, and the overwhelming reception he received everywhere he traveled.  “It was an unbelievable and amazing trip, each step along the way as the fans expressed their love of the sport and appreciation for the experience,” said the 20-time Grand Slam champion.  “There were so many highlights, it was truly a magical adventure and a blast as well.”

Rinaldi added, “Before this trip, I’d interviewed Federer dozens of times, but on this trip, in planes, locker rooms and hotel suites, and through police motorcades, my understanding of him was almost completely recast.  The reach of his fame, the reserves of his energy, the connection he has with fans – and the reservoirs of good will he engenders – all were unlike anything I’d ever witnessed.  More than once, fans wept seeing him.  At the start of the tour, we asked him why he wanted to do this, at 38 years old and after a long, exhausting season.  ‘Motivation,’ was the heart of his answer.

“At the end of the tour, after his fourth straight night with less than four hours sleep, having played his last two matches at altitudes above 7,000 and 9,000 feet, respectively, he was still the most energetic on his entire team.  And more motivated than when he’d started.”

Roger Federer:  Everywhere is Home was produced in collaboration with TEAM8.

Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by ph∞be Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:14 am

Please, please Team8 make it available for those of us who do not have ESPN. I suppose it is too much to hope that Canada's TSN will pick it up.
ph∞be
ph∞be

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum