Roger Federer Forum
Only members can read the topics or post on this forum.

Please login or register as a new member. It's free... and may you find some old friends!
Roger Federer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Match for Africa 4, Seattle - April 29, 2017

+10
Aprilp20n
Sherl
Márcia
vrazkar
ph∞be
avasbar
Katarina_YYZ
RogerNo.1
Rufus1
Cromar
14 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Normal Re: The Match for Africa 4, Seattle - April 29, 2017

Post by Cromar Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:44 pm

And just for the fun of it! Very Happy

Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherl Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:59 pm

^^ ROFL Laughing Laughing

So good to see Roger having fun!!
Sherl
Sherl

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:23 pm

Márciaf wrote:Roger's shorts are too tight! Like Paire's. Seems very strange.

What!... these shorts?  Shocked   He doesn't care, he is happy!   Very Happy

The Match for Africa 4, Seattle - April 29, 2017 - Page 4 HappyFed
Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:55 pm

The point of the match. Unreal!  Cheering

It really was a fun night!   Very Happy

The Match for Africa 4, Seattle - April 29, 2017 - Page 4 C-puVm8XsAEy2tk
Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Mon May 01, 2017 12:31 am

RF on Facebook:

Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by vrazkar Mon May 01, 2017 1:20 am

Aprilpoon wrote:So Roger is 'allowed' not to wear a Nike shirt in the single match? Agreed his shorts are too tight!
I think that he's wearing clothes from the Roger Federer Collection. I can see the RF logo in a circle on his t-shirt and I think that there's a miniature Nike logo on the edge of his left sleeve. So it's Nike again but not as obvious.
vrazkar
vrazkar

Back to top Go down

Post by avasbar Mon May 01, 2017 11:31 am

Thank you for bringing the vid of the match here Cromar- I'm not on FB so this is Soooo appreciated. I'm in the Highlands and access to wifi is pretty hopeless so will savour this when I can

Vrazkar - Id like to understand what you are talking about with VPN & proxy - but I cant! Laughing
Could you explain how /what to do?
avasbar
avasbar

Back to top Go down

Post by Kop8zky Mon May 01, 2017 2:00 pm

Cool shorts! 8) I mean it - he can wear them anyway. Who else (rhetorical question...)?

I did not see the match, but some highlights and "the tweener".
And what touched me once more was the pure joy of Roger when playing tennis. He smiled during the point, he smiled before he knew he's gonna hit a winner. When in his "most natural habitat" his joy flies over through the telly directly to me.... Very Happy Wink Gif
Kop8zky
Kop8zky

Back to top Go down

Post by InspiredTennis Mon May 01, 2017 2:40 pm

Márciaf wrote:Well, so good to see him happy and in so good form. Amazing points here and there, and what a lovely funny guy Isner (I had no idea he was like this).

Now, I am going to bed. Happy, plenty of beautiful images in my head and heart. Will come tomorrow to chat with you all.

Hello MARCIA. Roger exudes joy but also inspires it. There is a distinct possibility that he is also the GOAT of sharing smiles and good energy.  Love it  How lovely to see John isner ( who does indeed seem to be a sweetie) enjoying himself too and what a wonderful crowd. The Roger Factor in ample evidence.  

A heartfelt thank you to RUFUS,CROMAR  and everyone who has shared clips / information because I did not watch the Matches for Africa, and enjoyed the goodies here. Actually I would have enjoyed them even if I'd seen the matches. Wink Gif

KOPETZKY - Beautifully said. Roger in Federesque mode touches the heart, the soul. He personifies the "feel good factor", methinks.  

Well done to Roger / Bill Gates / John Isner / The Crowd and all involved in this project for raising funds. May the beneficiaries of it find joy in the improvement in their lives.

I've just re-watched the clip of "that" shot. Roger's face and reaction!!!! Loooooooool!  Laughing
InspiredTennis
InspiredTennis

Back to top Go down

Post by PASDOM59 Mon May 01, 2017 3:43 pm

Thanks everybody for the videos , photos and articles about the match in Seattle ... I'm not on FB and I get excited to see the uncredible points of RODGER  ... ( my english is a little approximate !!! ) Embarassed
PASDOM59
PASDOM59

Back to top Go down

Post by Steerpike60 Mon May 01, 2017 6:49 pm

That Seattle exo was one of the better ones. I really enjoyed it. And kudos to John Isner for knowing how to play an exo. He was very engaging. Roger was very happy. He was genuinely choked up at the end when thanking the crowd "from the bottom of his heart".

The doubles was a lot of fun and the singles was very good quality. Some very good points, and of course, the "amazing" one.

I also noticed Roger's shorts were shorter and more fitted than usual. Rafa's shorts have been like that for a while now. Guess Nike gave Roger that style too. I'm not complaining as I think he looks great in them!
Steerpike60
Steerpike60

Back to top Go down

Post by ph∞be Mon May 01, 2017 6:54 pm

Roger was just JOY personified on the court. He could not stop smiling and laughing. And, yes, I agree, he seemed genuinely touched by the outpouring of support. My favourite bit in the RF foundation trip to Africa clip is when the kids ruffle his hair. I just love watching it!
ph∞be
ph∞be

Back to top Go down

Post by vrazkar Mon May 01, 2017 7:42 pm

avasbar wrote:
Vrazkar - Id like to understand what you are talking about with VPN & proxy - but I cant! Laughing
Could you explain how /what to do?
VPN services are usually paid. However, there are also free browser extensions. What browser do you use?
vrazkar
vrazkar

Back to top Go down

Post by Steerpike60 Mon May 01, 2017 10:00 pm

pheebe wrote:Roger was just JOY personified on the court. He could not stop smiling and laughing. And, yes, I agree, he seemed genuinely touched by the outpouring of support. My favourite bit in the RF foundation trip to Africa clip is when the kids ruffle his hair. I just love watching it!

Yes. I love that part too. I remember Roger said that the kids had never seen hair like that I wanted to touch it.
Steerpike60
Steerpike60

Back to top Go down

Post by Rufus1 Tue May 02, 2017 6:53 pm

Bill Gates writes about what it was like to play with Roger and the experience of being part of Match for Africa 4.

https://www.gatesnotes.com/About-Bill-Gates/Match-for-Africa

Title:  Playing Tennis With Roger Federer

Here is the image he chose to lead the story with

The Match for Africa 4, Seattle - April 29, 2017 - Page 4 M4a_2017_article_1200x564_v1

Rufus1

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Wed May 03, 2017 12:03 am

While reading the above article, I saw another article from Bill Gates about his favorite books of 2016. A couple of the books he mentioned are (somewhat) tennis related, one being the String Theory, by the late David Foster Wallace and the other one Shoe Dog, by Phil Knight, co-founder of Nike.

It's an interesting article that shows the wide spectrum of interest and knowledge of Bill Gates. He is really an interesting man and a good writer, too.

My Favorite Books of 2016
By Bill Gates  | December 5, 2016

Here is the short video included in that article:

Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum: