Roger Federer Forum
Only members can read the topics or post on this forum.

Please login or register as a new member. It's free... and may you find some old friends!
Roger Federer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Laver Cup 2017, Prague - Sep 22-24, 2017

+26
Thandi
forummember
InspiredTennis
wcr
benni241
anutam
michelle88
FedFFL
Aprilp20n
Cheadlebeagle
Lil_Jay
mariah1
Kop8zky
PASDOM59
fedled
striker
federerworshipper
ph∞be
cornnn92
Márcia
avasbar
Sherl
Steerpike60
Rufus1
norinchi
Cromar
30 posters

Page 20 of 23 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

Go down

Normal Re: Laver Cup 2017, Prague - Sep 22-24, 2017

Post by InspiredTennis Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:12 am

I found time to log on again to read / see the goodies and my thanks to everyone for your comments.
CROMAR - what superb pictures & thanks for the link to the whole match / celebrations. Love it Red Flower
I love looking back when things have gone Roger's way.

Congratulations to Roger. Clapping He looked both delighted and relieved. It comes as no surprise to me that he would be a key part of an event that had both gravitas and appeal. It must have been a huge responsibility to help plan / promote an event such as this, and one can see what its success meant to him.

To witness the great Rod Laver beaming away, and Roger and team Europe with him around the cup is very special. Heartwarming stuff. Love it

As ever, Roger forges the way, and with finesse. The GOAT wizard inspires like no other.

InspiredTennis

Back to top Go down

Post by ph∞be Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:44 am

Thanks cromar.I just hope it stays up until I get back home as I don't have enough data to watch the video right now.
ph∞be
ph∞be

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:14 am

Rod Laver seemed very happy and quite taken by all the attention. I must say, I really admire this man (he is 79!) and he has been there every day, participating in the activities, and always beaming throughout!  Clapping

Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:25 am

Roger, the eternal tease.. Hee hee  Making fun of what was a bit of an embarrassing miss during their doubles yesterday!

And this was a close call!...  Facepalm  Well, they can be forgiven, never played together before!

Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:04 am

I just found Rafa and Roger's press conference after their doubles match. Hadn't seen it, quite interesting!

Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal both insisted their historic link-up at the Laver Cup will not change their enduring rivalry at all.

The two tennis icons appeared on the same side of the net for the first time in history on Saturday and defeated the American duo Sam Querrey and Jack Sock 6-4 1-6 10-5 to give Team Europe a 9-3 lead in the first to 13 points contest.

The pair, who have won an astonishing 35 Grand Slam titles between them, hadn’t even practiced together and Federer insists that is likely to remain the case in future but did admit he learned a couple of valuable lessons about the Spaniard’s game.

‘For me personally it was a great moment – we have only ever practised once together, said Federer. ‘It was back at the world tour finals.

We don’t practise a lot we don’t show stuff to each other. We will always forever be rivals as long as we’re active.This was something very special.

It’s been an absolute pleasure sharing the court with Rafa. Being on the same side of the net you know you can trust him in the big moments.

‘Seeing his decision making and his thought process was very interesting.’

Nadal added: ‘After all the history that we had behind us as rivals it was great to be on the same side of the court fighting for a team it was something we enjoyed a lot.

‘The atmposhere for the whole match and during the weekend was fantastic.’

From: http://metro.co.uk/2017/09/24/roger-federer-and-rafael-nadal-insist-they-will-always-remain-rivals-after-historic-laver-cup-doubles-win-6952053/#ixzz4teQuCbdM

Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Normal Team Europe Press Conference after winning the Laver Cup 2017

Post by Cromar Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:30 am

I think Berdych got it right with his Tweet... This should be renamed: Roger's press conference!   Giggle

Team Europe reflect on winning the inaugural Laver Cup

Sunday, 24 September 2017

Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarina_YYZ Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:07 am

I'm thrilled for Roger, as he is one of the organizers and the event was a big success. It was great to see him smiley and happy all weekend, and of course, to come out the winner. Very Happy Love it
Katarina_YYZ
Katarina_YYZ

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil_Jay Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:59 am

Thanks for the interview posts Cromar, surreal as Roger puts it...and by the way, what a stupid question by the Italian journalist once again, I notice Roger dismisses him slightly in regular conferences on the tour, his questions are useless I really don't know how he gets paid to travel with really rubbish questions and the doubles conference simply summed him up...smh
Lil_Jay
Lil_Jay
Admin

https://federer.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by cornnn92 Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:42 am

Márc19f wrote:Thanks a lot, cromar. Normally I record the matches, but ESPN decided to cut the match to show some NFL.

Now, I used to have keepvid to download from yt. Now it is not working anymore. Do you know another way to download it? Thanks in advance.

Marcia try "You Tube Downloader HD" it's a free software!
cornnn92
cornnn92

Back to top Go down

Post by Márcia Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:50 pm

^^^
Thanks, Corinne. I'll try later.
Márcia
Márcia

Back to top Go down

Post by Aprilp20n Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:03 pm

Thanks Cromar for sharing the full match video! I fast forwarded to the presentation. You can tell the event has been so special for everyone. I really like how Roger said he wanted more ways we can honour our legends. He truly is the greatest ambassador Tennis has ever had.
Aprilp20n
Aprilp20n

Back to top Go down

Post by Márcia Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:04 pm

Lil_Jay wrote:Thanks for the interview posts Cromar, surreal as Roger puts it...and by the way, what a stupid question by the Italian journalist once again, I notice Roger dismisses him slightly in regular conferences on the tour, his questions are useless I really don't know how he gets paid to travel with really rubbish questions and the doubles conference simply summed him up...smh

Both Roger and RN began to look to their bottles, to the table, to whatever when he began his "question". Facepalm
Márcia
Márcia

Back to top Go down

Post by michelle88 Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:37 pm

Thanks for all the goodies. Missed the match too due too other obligations. So good to see Roger so happy again. Loved how it all played out too. After the boys lost the doubles I thought Nadal would win it for them, be the hero and take away all the limelight from Roger. Him losing so Roger could be the hero was an added bonus for sure Laughing.
michelle88
michelle88

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:03 pm

Well that was a beautiful week-end!! Very Happy

This "Fedal" double, I never thought I would see that one day.  Shocked
It was a real pleasure to see them on the same side of the court.

And yesterday, it was totally surreal to see RN jump into Fed's arms after the match point.
Awesome match from Kyrgios, who was almost in tears after losing, another proof that the players took the event very seriously - even if the youngsters of Team ROTW were oftenly joking between them.

I don't like Nadal, but we must admit that we've been witness of a very important moment in tennis history.

The only thing that I really didn't like this week-end was Borg's behavior.
It seems that he wanted to be somewhere else, never spoke to the players, never show any emotion (yes I know, he was already like that during his career, but this week-end he really pissed me off), what a contrast with Captain Big Mac!! Cheerleader

I seriously don't know why nobody - before Rodger Bowing - have never though about organized such event, as we already have the Ryder Cup in golf...

Thanks again Rodg, big congrats, and I can't wait for Chicago 2018!!  Thumbs up

(p.s. : and merci beaucoup to big John Isner for destroying Nadal yesterday, it was a real pleasure to watch!!  Hee hee )

Back to top Go down

Post by Lil_Jay Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:42 pm

loved this event....agreed fedberg, borg's aura is greater than the man himself, big mac was quality

and to all lets keep the rafa negativity out of this thread as his contribution to the tournament helped make it what it is

btw, interesting choice of court pace...boy it was slow, maybe to even things out i guess
Lil_Jay
Lil_Jay
Admin

https://federer.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:38 pm

Agree about the court, it was so slow... Facepalm

But the choice for the surface must have been difficult, as you have to please all the players and their different styles of tennis.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 23 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum