Roger Federer Forum
Only members can read the topics or post on this forum.

Please login or register as a new member. It's free... and may you find some old friends!
Roger Federer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RF Schedule 2019

+5
Marly 103-20
HeartoftheMatter
Márcia
Sherl
Cromar
9 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Normal Re: RF Schedule 2019

Post by Marly 103-20 Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:43 pm

you think that Roger made the right choice in deciding to make the Madrid tournament?

Marly 103-20

http://federer080881.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by cornnn92 Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:39 pm

https://sport360.com/video/tennis/319353/roger-federer-assures-hes-not-planning-his-farewell-tour-just-yet

cornnn92
cornnn92

Back to top Go down

Post by HeartoftheMatter Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:48 pm

Thank you cornn92. I know it comes to "their mind easily", that is the commentators and so on, so it is a good thing that Roger takes things out of their hand. No, I did not think that it would be any kind of closure, not in the least.
Adding to his "fleet" would be spectacular, but he should not be reminded of that title to round things out.
And again I say how convenient it is that the time is displayed on this site!

HeartoftheMatter

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:04 pm

Update of Roger's Schedule for 2019

Added the latest results: Dubai & Miami Trophy Gold  Laughing  (+ a small one for IW runner-up) and updated the clay season, with Madrid and RG now confirmed. His participation in Rome is very unlikely, although Roger's name is still on the Entry list, meaning that he hasn't officially withdrawn yet.

And we will need to wait a bit longer to get confirmation of his definite schedule post Wimbledon, thus the remaining question marks.

Note: Tournaments with a Question have not been confirmed, either way: those colored are probable, the ones 'greyed out' are less likely.  

Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by Steerpike60 Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:12 pm

Yeah, I highly doubt Roger will play Rome either. We'll see if he officially withdraws since I could see him adding it last minute if he were to lose early in Madrid.
Steerpike60
Steerpike60

Back to top Go down

Post by HeartoftheMatter Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:57 pm

I shall never forget Roger's win over Nadal in that new Caja Magica! The tournament director looked decidedly disappointed. One clay tournament I never like is Monte Carlo, even with the beautiful setting. They always have a clay color that makes it hard to see the ball, and even the broadcasting is not so easy on the eye.
I am glad that Roger can choose and/or adjust his clay schedule. I there are some highly valuable prizes ahead.

HeartoftheMatter

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:04 am

Roger has confirmed Halle...  Smile

As expected, Roger is not on the Stuttgart entry list (although it's not closed yet). But unless something unusual happen, I am pretty sure that he won't play another grass tournament, right after RG.
Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by HeartoftheMatter Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:01 am

Glad about Halle, too! That is a lovely place, also. Always the grass is the most wonderful surface to see tennis played by a wonderful player.
That photo on the website opening page--a red cyclone, the weather forecast or just a reference to the swirling clay, or a samurai in red, aka Roger, coming? I like it quite a lot!
Off Topic--Tiger Woods won a golf tournament, some big one. Did I understand correctly? If so, I am very pleased for him. People get into trouble, fall off or are thrown off their pedestals, and this happened to Tiger, and after many years, he has won! It is like a redemption, and I hope things are well in his life, and that he has found his way.
If so, I hope Roger can congratulate him. To err is human...etc. to forgive is divine...even though it is up to the creator to truly forgive.
This can be removed, as it is not in a right place! I just felt like writing it.

HeartoftheMatter

Back to top Go down

Normal Roger Persistence

Post by HeartoftheMatter Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:18 am

cornnn92 wrote:https://sport360.com/video/tennis/319353/roger-federer-assures-hes-not-planning-his-farewell-tour-just-yet

Yes! I never did think that the clay would signal some kind of "enough" at all. Roger is playing so well, hitting winners, and conjuring shots from out of thin air, and his pacing and matchplay are so wonderful, his movement easy and swift, serving, everything, that it seemed that there is no reason, in fact the opposite is true that he is in the right zone and wants to and needs to play.
Which is a gift to his fans, a great gift, and everyone in tennis in general. There is only so much that a fan, a great admirer of a particularly great player can hope to get from a player, and that is that he play with joy and let all that he has burning in him come to light. Beyond that, one could not be so selfish to want him, or anyone else to continue if there was some issue that curtailed the joy for him.
And again, it is not chronology, it is particular geneology--if that is a real word. Wow! Wow! Wow! Group hug Group hug

HeartoftheMatter

Back to top Go down

Post by HeartoftheMatter Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:20 am

Aha, forgive the overdone graphics. I don't even know for sure what the first three, all the same, too, are.

HeartoftheMatter

Back to top Go down

Post by Márcia Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:20 pm

cornnn92 wrote:https://sport360.com/video/tennis/319353/roger-federer-assures-hes-not-planning-his-farewell-tour-just-yet

Corinne, I am doing all I can to be able to attend RG. It will be a pleasure to meet you again! Thanks for the link.
Márcia
Márcia

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:30 pm

Cromar wrote:[…]

As expected, Roger is not on the Stuttgart entry list (although it's not closed yet). But unless something unusual happen, I am pretty sure that he won't play another grass tournament, right after RG.

The Stuttgart Entry list is now closed and Roger is still not on it, as expected. Of course, a wild card is always an option available to Roger, which he could consider, I suppose, if his clay season (RG) was to be cut short.

Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by cornnn92 Sat May 11, 2019 1:04 pm

Roger has just announced on facebook that he's playing Rome next week!

cornnn92
cornnn92

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Sun May 12, 2019 2:05 am

Roger on not playing Stuttgart...

During his QF press conference in Madrid on May 10, Roger was asked about playing Stuttgart.

Roger's reply: "Yeah, I'm not signed in for Stuttgart, so I just thought it was a lot of grass court tennis last year, so I just felt, like, maybe only Halle is better for me and that's the plan."
Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by HeartoftheMatter Mon May 13, 2019 5:46 pm

I like Halle! Not that I had anything against Stuttgart...it's just that Halle is such a friendly place and Roger has done so well there, of course. It is grass, after all, right.
[/i]I am looking forward to seeing Roger on the grass! It is like a dream: Roger in his whites, although he has worn white recently, on grass it takes on a very special look, and I like the way Uniqlo is able to make the best of the 'just white' or almost just white rules. Their trademarks always manage to add that little extra color. And grass play adds to that "ethereal" look Roger displays frequently. Floating on air, like a Hovercraft.

HeartoftheMatter

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Sat Jul 27, 2019 9:22 am

During his last Wimbledon press conference, Roger confirmed that he would not go to Montreal and only play Cincinnati before the US Open. That was pretty much expected that he would not play both Masters. 

As Roger has also confirmed Shanghai (see video below), only Paris is still up in the air, and will remain a question mark
probably until Basel.

Roger's Schedule - Issue #3

I updated Roger's calendar with the above information and his latest results.

There are rumors in the media that Roger may play exhibition matches in Mexico and South America (Chili) in November, after the ATP Finals. But nothing has been confirmed by Roger or his team, so far.

Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum