Roger Federer Forum
Only members can read the topics or post on this forum.

Please login or register as a new member. It's free... and may you find some old friends!
Roger Federer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

#UBR Reports 2019

+6
norinchi
Cromar
Steerpike60
federerworshipper
Márcia
striker
10 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Normal #UBR Reports 2019

Post by striker Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:04 pm

Does anyone know if United By Roger is still doing things? I havent seen any updates on the site. Thanks
striker
striker

Back to top Go down

Normal Re: #UBR Reports 2019

Post by Márcia Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:57 pm

^^^
Have you checked at fb?
Márcia
Márcia

Back to top Go down

Post by federerworshipper Fri Mar 08, 2019 2:51 am

striker wrote:Does anyone know if United By Roger is still doing things? I havent seen any updates on the site. Thanks

I am also wondering about that, was going to ask the same question. I don't know how to find them on fb, I never did.
federerworshipper
federerworshipper

Back to top Go down

Post by Steerpike60 Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:48 pm

federerworshipper wrote:
striker wrote:Does anyone know if United By Roger is still doing things? I havent seen any updates on the site. Thanks

I am also wondering about that, was going to ask the same question. I don't know how to find them on fb, I never did.

Yes, there is a United By Roger "closed" group on FB. I'm a member. There wasn't time to collect messages for Dubai, but Sunita did present Roger with a UBR in the shape of a piano there. I know they were trying to put something together for IW but I'm not sure what the status of it is. Anyway, if you PM me, I can probably "invite" you on FB to the closed group.
Steerpike60
Steerpike60

Back to top Go down

Post by Márcia Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:05 pm

^^^
I am extremely sad with the behavior of the friends of the UBR fb page. I am also a member. I understand it is sometimes tiring to post a message here and there, mostly because the majority of fans who send messages are at fb and don't need a message here (or are not here as member). But they know that not all of us follow fb. Some of us are out of the possibility of sending Roger our good wishes, as it would be stupid to "open" another channel for it. The UBR was a great idea, RogerFan was ok with it, but they are becoming a closed group.

I know and I like many persons of the group, but I am really sad with what is happening.
Márcia
Márcia

Back to top Go down

Post by Steerpike60 Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:17 pm

^^^  The bottom line is the RE idea died with the old forum.  It's never been the same no matter what form it takes now, i.e. the UBR or the Love Box deal.  There is no longer one central place where everyone can go.  Just the way it is.

As far as the FB group being closed.  It's not closed to keep out RF fans, it's closed as opposed to being an open page where anybody in the FB universe can post.  The last thing we want are trolls showing up there and ruining everything.  That happened a lot on the old RF site.
Steerpike60
Steerpike60

Back to top Go down

Post by Márcia Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:15 pm

^^^
I did not explain myself well. I agree that it must be closed at fb, but now it seems also "closed" to us here. For a moment, people was posting the info here, even if very few of us was responding. Very few but still the only possibility for some of us to participate in a group homage to Roger. But now we are "forgotten". The situation is: we ask to be part of the fb group (we will be accepted, I am sure of it, but we must open an account at fb), or we are out of the party.

It is a pity the end of the RE.
Márcia
Márcia

Back to top Go down

Normal Dubai 2019 - #UBR Delivery

Post by Cromar Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:37 am

Copy of Sunita's post on Facebook about the delivery of her message to Roger on Feb. 24, 2019 in Dubai.

It's incredible how talented this lady is... That piano is gorgeous!   Love Eyes  

Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Normal #UBR for IW 2019

Post by Cromar Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:36 am

Regarding the #UBR for Indian Wells, it seems that they didn't get organized in time to collect messages from everyone, but one of their members (Kim) will be on site and may try to deliver a (single) message to Roger on behalf of the group.
Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by federerworshipper Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:50 pm

Sunita is amazing. Glad she did the job. Thank you Cromar, Marcia and Steerpike for posting and exaplaining re UBR. I am sad too because i am not good with social media. I was able to access fb thru RF old forum. Now I feel left out. Yes I do miss the sweet old tradition of the red envelop.
federerworshipper
federerworshipper

Back to top Go down

Post by norinchi Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:40 pm

Márcia wrote:^^^
I am extremely sad with the behavior of the friends of the UBR fb page. I am also a member. I understand it is sometimes tiring to post a message here and there, mostly because the majority of fans who send messages are at fb and don't need a message here (or are not here as member). But they know that not all of us follow fb. Some of us are out of the possibility of sending Roger our good wishes, as it would be stupid to "open" another channel for it. The UBR was a great idea, RogerFan was ok with it, but they are becoming a closed group.

I know and I like many persons of the group, but I am really sad with what is happening.

I´m afraid you´re right Marcia dear ♥️ I feel guilty for not coming here more often, this place is great , but also reminds me the old forum and and I still can not get over it. Silly me.
norinchi
norinchi

Back to top Go down

Post by Márcia Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:19 pm

Dinora dear, but you always come. You post photos, you are here. The other friends abandoned totally the forum. I understand the sadness, but it always depends on us to make this place as beautiful as the old forum. We are trying, also with your help.
Márcia
Márcia

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:55 pm

federerworshipper wrote:Sunita is amazing. Glad she did the job. Thank you Cromar, Marcia and Steerpike for posting and exaplaining re UBR. I am sad too because i am not good with social media. I was able to access fb thru RF old forum. Now I feel left out. Yes I do miss the sweet old tradition of the red envelop.

You can access public pages on FB without an account or logging in, like Roger's FB page here . They'll ask you to log in, but just click "Not now" and you'll be able to view all the posts, but won't be able to reply or enter comments.

However, the #UBR page is a private (closed) account and one must be a member to have access to it. Hence, you first need to have/create an FB account and then get an invitation from an exiting member to join the group.

Hope this helps. Smile
Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Normal 'Genius at Work' Banner

Post by Cromar Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:49 pm

Retirement of the 'Genius at Work' Banner

Karen Wilson asked me If I wouldn't mind posting her Facebook message here on the Forum. So, here is the information she wants to pass on about why the Banner has been retired and given to Roger.

#UBR Reports 2019 Genius10

The 'Genius at Work' Banner at the WTF at the O2 in 2013, with (from the left) Tani, Karen and Maria holding the banner.

A video explaining the banner, made at the O2 by the ATP, can be viewed here: Federer Fans Genius Flag
Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Normal #UBR for Miami

Post by Cromar Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:01 pm

There will be no #UBR messages for Miami, as explained in these exchanges of messages on Facebook

However, they do plan to get something going for the Clay season, i.e. Madrid and RG.

#UBR Reports 2019 Ubr_fo10
Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum