Roger Federer Forum
Only members can read the topics or post on this forum.

Please login or register as a new member. It's free... and may you find some old friends!
Roger Federer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

#UBR Reports 2019

+6
norinchi
Cromar
Steerpike60
federerworshipper
Márcia
striker
10 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Normal #UBR for Miami

Post by Cromar Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:01 pm

There will be no #UBR messages for Miami, as explained in these exchanges of messages on Facebook

However, they do plan to get something going for the Clay season, i.e. Madrid and RG.

#UBR Reports 2019 - Page 2 Ubr_fo10

Cromar

Back to top Go down

Normal Re: #UBR Reports 2019

Post by Márcia Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:13 pm

I am a proud fan, to have my signature at the Genius Banner in 2014, Halle. wooohooooo!!!!!
Márcia
Márcia

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:43 pm

You are indeed a 'true fan', Márcia! Clapping Hands

I can't claim that privilege myself. Sad
Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by Steerpike60 Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:18 pm

Márcia wrote:I am a proud fan, to have my signature at the Genius Banner in 2014, Halle. wooohooooo!!!!!

Yes, so many fans were able to hold up the banner and sign it over the years.  Of course, I feel a special kinship towards it since me, Krist, and Judy were the ones to hold it up for the very first time in Miami 2006; and my mother and brother made the 2nd and 3rd banners. Such a storied history.  But as with the RE, coordinating the banner travels became monumentally more difficult once the original RF site came down.  Plus, tournaments were making it harder and harder to bring larger banners into stadiums.  Kathy did reach out to me a few months back about retiring the banner tradition and giving the last one to Roger (along with the other three versions that he already has).  I agreed with her.  It was time.

He's still a genius on court and always will be.
Steerpike60
Steerpike60

Back to top Go down

Post by Márcia Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:46 pm

^^^
It makes me very emotional knowing a so beautiful tradition is gone. But I understand... As the RE.
Yes, Roger is a genius and will always be.
Márcia
Márcia

Back to top Go down

Post by Márcia Fri Mar 22, 2019 12:49 pm

Cromar wrote:You are indeed a 'true fan', Márcia! Clapping Hands

I can't claim that privilege myself. Sad

It was a chance, cromar. First (and only, till now) time I went to Halle I met and made friendship with Margo, Doris, Karen, Tani, Lenny... I don't remember who was carrying the banner, I just knew there that the banner was signed by all the fans at place. And we took a picture with Roger, when I find it I will post it here. Yes, proud! And very moved by the privilege.
Márcia
Márcia

Back to top Go down

Normal UBR for Madrid and RG 2019

Post by cornnn92 Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:53 pm

UBR UPDATE!

Hello everybody! The clay court season is upon us and to support and wish Roger good luck throughout his first clay campaign in three years we're happy to announce you can start sending your short and to-the-point messages to unitedbyrog@gmail.com

This UBR shall cover all the clay tournaments Roger is scheduled to play, ie. Madrid and RG. The deadline for sending your messages is

Wednesday 1 May , 8 pm GMT + 1.

Tani CH and myself will be in Madrid from Thursday evening and we will attempt a delivery as soon as the opportunity arises.
Please start to send your msgs asap, don't wait till last minute!

May Roger have a safe and successful clay court season!
cornnn92
cornnn92

Back to top Go down

Post by cornnn92 Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:54 pm

I'm surprised to read that some people here have felt left out... As far as I know as soon as a UBR has been confirmed on facebook me or Tani have always made sure the news are posted here as we are perfectly aware that some forum members are very dedicated fans who do not wish to be on social media. However lately it has been extremely hard to find couriers - basically it has been up to a handful of people, the facebook group's admins in other words, to collect the messages, design the package  and deliver the UBR.  In this situation it is impossible to organize one for every tournament Roger plays. That explains the long periods when there is no news here about the UBR. No news about the UBR when a tournament is around the corner simply means we didn't find a way to get one going, not at all that we "forgot" this forum and its members or worse deliberately decided to exclude them.
I hope this clarifies the situation.
cornnn92
cornnn92

Back to top Go down

Post by cornnn92 Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:58 pm

Sorry I didn't mean to post the same thing four times Rolling Eyes Laughing
cornnn92
cornnn92

Back to top Go down

Post by norinchi Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:18 pm

^^
The news have been posted not one but several times Wink Gif Let´s see if we can get a lot of messages for Roger Love Eyes
Maybe is his last clay court season. Carpe Diem !
norinchi
norinchi

Back to top Go down

Post by HeartoftheMatter Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:22 pm

I think you have to use your email to reach the email address for UBR, I clicked on the ones on this page, and it doesn't work like that.
I hope I am right, and that this will help some people to send their messages.

HeartoftheMatter

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:39 pm

Yes, HOM, Gmail is an external email address, to be sent via our own email program.

You can click the 'unitedbyrog@gmail.com' link in the above post, and it will/should ask you if you want to open your email program to send a message.
Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:41 pm

cornnn92 wrote:Sorry I didn't mean to post the same thing four times Rolling Eyes Laughing

It's OK! I cleaned up the thread. Wink Gif
Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by federerworshipper Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:29 am

Thank you for your reassuring post Corinne. I will be sending my message in a couple of days. You took over from Krist and you went above and beyond with your loyalty to Roger. Thank you for putting up with us and hope you get to see Roger and to enjoy a great time in Madrid.
federerworshipper
federerworshipper

Back to top Go down

Post by norinchi Thu Apr 25, 2019 2:53 pm

One more thing I want you to know:

Tani also wrote on FB :
Since it's so hard to deliver in RG and nobody applied we decided to just do one for the clay! I hope that's okay!

norinchi
norinchi

Back to top Go down

Post by federerworshipper Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:43 am

Corinne/Tani: I sent u my msg for Roger via gmail. Thanks and have fun.
Grace.
federerworshipper
federerworshipper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum