Roger Federer Forum
Only members can read the topics or post on this forum.

Please login or register as a new member. It's free... and may you find some old friends!
Roger Federer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wimbeldon 2022

+7
Marly 103-20
UES
MsY_
Elvi
federerworshipper
Márcia
ph∞be
11 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Wimbeldon 2022 Empty Wimbeldon 2022

Post by ph∞be Wed Apr 20, 2022 5:58 pm

I just wanted to express my sadness that individual tennis players will be banned from Wimbledon and the grass courts. I think it is OK to bar them from team events where they are clearly representing their country- like Davis Cup, World Cup etc. But I feel sad for these young men and women who are paying a very steep price for no fault of their own. What are they supposed to do? Even if they privately think that the War is wrong- what would happen to their families if they made public pronouncements?

Cromar- please delete the topic if you think it has no place on the forum.
ph∞be
ph∞be

Márcia, slaie_thuin and Elvi like this post

Back to top Go down

Wimbeldon 2022 Empty Re: Wimbeldon 2022

Post by Márcia Thu May 19, 2022 9:07 pm

ph∞be wrote:I just wanted to express my sadness that individual tennis players will be banned from Wimbledon and the grass courts. I think it is OK to bar them from team events where they are clearly representing their country- like Davis Cup, World Cup etc. But I feel sad for these young men and women who are paying a very steep price for no fault of their own. What are they supposed to do? Even if they privately think that the War is wrong- what would happen to their families if they made public pronouncements?

I share your sadness. It is totally absurd that men and women, who are not involved in this war, pay the price of their careers and dreams.
Márcia
Márcia

federerworshipper and slaie_thuin like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by federerworshipper Fri May 20, 2022 3:51 am

Hello Marcia, good to see you here. Yes I agree with you both, it not right, it unfair and it is cruel.
federerworshipper
federerworshipper

slaie_thuin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Elvi Fri May 20, 2022 12:52 pm

I agree with everyone here. I’m English & live in the UK & I’m appalled at Wimbledon’s decision.  No-one has banned individual Russian & Belarusian workers from going to their place of work here so why pick on tennis players.  As you have all said, it is their livelihood & they need to work & do the job they love.  It is completely unjust.

Elvi

Back to top Go down

Post by Elvi Fri May 20, 2022 9:56 pm

I have just read that the ATP & WTA are not allowing any ranking points to be given to players at Wimbledon.  I hope this stance does not change as it is at least recognising that the Wimbledon organisers can’t discriminate against innocent players who just want to compete.

Elvi

Back to top Go down

Post by ph∞be Fri May 20, 2022 10:03 pm

Elvi wrote:I have just read that the ATP & WTA are not allowing any ranking points to be given to players at Wimbledon.  I hope this stance does not change as it is at least recognising that the Wimbledon organisers can’t discriminate against innocent players who just want to compete.
That is excellent news. And, a good way to show solidarity with their players.
ph∞be
ph∞be

Back to top Go down

Post by MsY_ Sat May 21, 2022 6:16 pm

Guys, I'm Ukrainian. I can tell you the Russia's war on Ukraine and all the terrors it brings to our lives is exactly what majority of Russians want either secretly or not so secretly. Putin's foreign policy is just a mirror of Russian society. They hate us and every other neighbor. I wish you could understand Russian and would be able to read what they write on the SM. It's just pure hate and willing to kill everyone who does not agree with them. So if they go through us another closest European country will be their next victim. Just read what they do to Ukrainian citizens. All the rape victims (female AND male, infants, elderly), all innocent civilians killed. It's all available on YouTube and Facebook. I and millions of Ukrainians support Wimbledon decision!

MsY_

Cheadlebeagle likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by UES Sun Jun 05, 2022 2:26 pm

Márcia wrote:
ph∞be wrote:I just wanted to express my sadness that individual tennis players will be banned from Wimbledon and the grass courts. I think it is OK to bar them from team events where they are clearly representing their country- like Davis Cup, World Cup etc. But I feel sad for these young men and women who are paying a very steep price for no fault of their own. What are they supposed to do? Even if they privately think that the War is wrong- what would happen to their families if they made public pronouncements?

I share your sadness. It is totally absurd that men and women, who are not involved in this war, pay the price of their careers and dreams.
I agree

UES

Back to top Go down

Post by Marly 103-20 Tue Jun 21, 2022 3:33 pm

Wimbeldon 2022 Wim_2010
Marly 103-20
Marly 103-20

http://federer080881.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:01 am

Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:21 am

The return of Serena! Thumbs up

Serena got a wild card for Wimbledon and will be unseeded, as she hasn't played competitive tennis since withdrawing in the first round of last year's Wimbledon, causing her to fall to No. 1,223 in the world. (Roger will soon join her! Crying).

As a warm up to the Championship, Serena is playing doubles with Ons Jabeur at Eastbourne this week. And they won their first match today (after a hard fought battle 2-6, 6-3, 13-11)!  Love Eyes  

Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:17 am

This will be my last tournament! Razz  

Wish you all the best Kohli!   King  Thumbs up

Philipp Kohlschreiber announces his retirement, saying Wimbledon will be his last tournament.

Wimbeldon 2022 Kohlsc10

German tennis player Philipp Kohlschreiber announced his retirement from tennis on Monday. The 38-year-old said that the Wimbledon would be the final tournament of his ‘great and wonderful career’. Kohlschreiber has won eight ATP titles on three different surfaces and got off to his final tournament with a win. After beating Gregoir Barrere 6-2, 6-2 in his first Wimbledon qualifier, the 38-year-old announced his decision. Kohlschreiber’s most impressive feat perhaps was his win at Halle in 2011. His best Grand Slam performance came a year later when he went as far as the quarter-final at Wimbledon. At the time, the German achieved his career-best ranking of 16.

“Funny story. It’s the first time for me in Roehampton. It’s been a great and wonderful career. It’s gonna to be my last tournament,” Kohlschreiber shared. “I’m gonna stop after Wimbledon 2022 and so I’m pretty happy that I have another match here. Maybe I’ll make it to the main draw.”

Source: sportslumo.com
Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:49 pm

Kohli's last day today, he lost in the qualies. Too bad!

Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:04 am

WIMBLEDON  2022

JUNE 27 - JULY 10, 2022

Website                   

Players        Schedule         Draws/Scores

Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by ph∞be Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:33 pm

I did end up watching some of it because of our Canadians. I saw some of Alcaraz today as well. Seems fine-- is all I can say!

But, the reason I'm posting is because I was so pleased to see Rolex airing the ads with Roger in them. SO beautiful to see him there.
ph∞be
ph∞be

striker, witchie49 and slaie_thuin like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum