Roger Federer Forum
Only members can read the topics or post on this forum.

Please login or register as a new member. It's free... and may you find some old friends!
Roger Federer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2017 Tournament Interviews

+8
anutam
vrazkar
Márcia
avasbar
Rufus1
norinchi
Cromar
michelle88
12 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

2017 Tournament Interviews - Page 3 Empty Miami 2017 - Pre-Tournament Interview

Post by avasbar Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:36 pm

Dont know why my posts only show the boring generic interview page Sad
But its still a nice pre-tourney interview in Miami

avasbar

Back to top Go down

2017 Tournament Interviews - Page 3 Empty Re: 2017 Tournament Interviews

Post by Márcia Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:42 pm

^^^
Very nice. Thanks! Very Happy
Márcia
Márcia

Back to top Go down

2017 Tournament Interviews - Page 3 Empty Miami 2017 - R3 & R4 Post-Match Interviews

Post by vrazkar Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:31 am

Roger's interview after R3 against Del Potro

Roger's interview after R4 against Bautista Agut

vrazkar
vrazkar

Back to top Go down

2017 Tournament Interviews - Page 3 Empty Miami 2017 QF

Post by vrazkar Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:29 pm

Post-match interview after the QF vs Berdych

Post-match interview after the SF vs Kyrgios

vrazkar
vrazkar

Back to top Go down

2017 Tournament Interviews - Page 3 Empty Miami 2017 Final

Post by vrazkar Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:34 am

Interview for the ATP after the final

vrazkar
vrazkar

Back to top Go down

Post by avasbar Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:56 pm

Thanks vrazkar!
But I Cant see the ESPN one
avasbar
avasbar

Back to top Go down

Post by vrazkar Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:49 pm

avasbar wrote:Thanks vrazkar!
But I Cant see the ESPN one
Looks like it was taken down by youtube Rolling Eyes
vrazkar
vrazkar

Back to top Go down

2017 Tournament Interviews - Page 3 Empty Miami 2017 Final

Post by vrazkar Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:02 pm

Here's the pre-final build-up on ESPN with some nice videos and commentary.

And the post-match alanysis, interviews, etc. Around the 7th minute is the interview that was banned in my post above. Smile Better watch or download these while you still can. Wink Gif

Edit: Video unavailable again... removed the link. (Cromar)
vrazkar
vrazkar

Back to top Go down

2017 Tournament Interviews - Page 3 Empty Stuttgart 2017 - Pre-Tournament ATP Interview

Post by Rufus1 Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:42 am

Here is Roger's interview for the ATP prior to Stuttgart.  No more breaks!!  Regular schedule from here on!!

The video was part of this ATP article

http://www.atpworldtour.com/en/news/federer-says-no-more-breaks-at-stuttgart-2017

Title:  Federer: 'There Are No More Breaks Now'
Author:  Paul Macpherson

Rufus1

Back to top Go down

2017 Tournament Interviews - Page 3 Empty Stuttgart 2017 - Merces Cup Pre-tournament Presser

Post by Rufus1 Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:54 am

This article (English) from the Mercedes Cup website seems, essentially, to be Roger's pretournament press.  

https://www.mercedescup.de/en/news/federer-ich-habe-grosse-hoffnung-dass-ich-in-stuttgart-gut-spielen-werde.html

This question struck me when asked what he did in his break

Roger Federer about what he did during his break

After Miami I would have liked to go on holidays. In fact, I had only five days of holidays because I was commited to the “Match for Africa” in Zürich against Andy Murray. After that, I improved my condition – that was my first practice block. At the end of April, there was the second “Match for Africa”, this time against John Isner. Amongst others, I also met Bill Gates there. That was a terrific experience. Then it was off to practicing again. Now I’m refreshed and injury free and hopefully will get a good start into the grass court season. I had some good sparring partners and no problems with my body. Of course, that’s always a relief. Training blocks can be more dangerous than actual matches.

And the answer to this question gives me something to look for when watching grass court tennis.

Roger Federer about the change to grass court

The grass court season is short and very intensive. I won’t change too much of my game. The biggest change would be to just rely on Serve & Volley now. I think, I’m more dangerous, when I mix my game with good services, volleys and strong play from the base line. It’ll feel a bit different in Wimbledon. Just because of the size of the courts and the grass there. Grass court tennis mostly means reacting. I like to think of myself as being pretty good at anticipating. After my break, I have to work on those things becoming naturally for me again. How do you fend off a break ball? How do you get a break ball? I’ll have to adapt to that again. I have high hopes, though, that I’ll play well in Stuttgart already.

Lots of other interesting questions - And the need for sleep!!!

Rufus1

Back to top Go down

Post by cappucc19o Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:50 pm

Thanks Rufus1 ... may the grass court season be as rewarding for Roger (& us!) as the start of the year! Wink Gif

But a big no to the haircut, altho' jsnash from the old forum would approve! 8)
cappucc19o
cappucc19o

Back to top Go down

2017 Tournament Interviews - Page 3 Empty Halle 2017 - Pre-tournament Presser (ATP)

Post by Rufus1 Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:22 pm

Here is the ATP article about Roger's pretournament Halle presser.

http://www.atpworldtour.com/en/news/federer-draws-confidence-from-halle-return

Direct quotes from within the article

“The history I have here, having come and played well so often, definitely should help me to play good tennis this week,” Federer said Sunday. “I love playing here. Yes, I think I can come in here with good confidence.”

“It’s important for me, especially after the Stuttgart week, to come here and make sure I win my first-round match and get going. I want to take the right decisions on the tennis court. I don’t want to question myself too much. I’ll have the right focus and mindset, that point-by-point mentality. That was a little bit off in Stuttgart, understandably so. I have to learn from that week and move forward in a better way.”  

“It could have been better in Stuttgart, but then again I had match point,” Federer said. “It wasn’t like I lost 6-2, 6-2 and everything was terrible. A comeback is never simple, especially on grass where margins are so slim. It’s a serve or a passing shot or a return that determines the outcome of the match. That’s what it ended up being against Tommy, even though I felt I should have found a way home, having been a set and a break up.

“Considering how well I felt going into Paris, it was surprisingly easy to take the decision and after making it I never had any regrets watching it or following the results. I never thought ‘If only I was part of the tournament.’ I was looking ahead to the grass season and enjoyed the time with my friends and family at home.

“It was a decision that was taken within a couple of days. It wasn’t something I saw myself doing weeks and months ahead of the tournament. For a long time the schedule was to play Paris but all of a sudden I just felt that I wouldn’t be comfortable doing it. I didn’t want to compromise the goal of the grass-court season, Wimbledon, the US Open and beyond.

"I felt that the French Open may potentially have a negative effect on what’s to come. It may have been helpful, but I felt there was more risk that it would go the other way. Based on health, that’s why I decided to skip.

"But it’s not a trend that I might follow in the future. I don’t know what the future holds. This was just a one-off decision."

Lead photo
2017 Tournament Interviews - Page 3 Federer-halle-sunday1-2017

Rufus1

Back to top Go down

2017 Tournament Interviews - Page 3 Empty Halle 2017 - Pre-tournament Presser (Gerry Weber Open)

Post by Rufus1 Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:46 pm

Here is the tournament article about the presser -Note:   the girls aren't with him!!!

https://www.gerryweber-open.de/en/news/article/its-like-coming-home/?tx_news_pi1%5Bcontroller%5D=News&tx_news_pi1%5Baction%5D=detail&cHash=1c13b18d85a60589a26d30a42f1fd76f

Photo:
2017 Tournament Interviews - Page 3 Csm_FEDERER_2017_06_18_KET__2034_b8e5ce17d0

Direct quotes from article

"It's like coming home."... "I feel good, am relaxed. I can't wait to serve in Halle"

"The draw is okay. If you look ahead, there will most probably be more cracks.“

"Training has gone wonderfully. Everything is going well."...
"I am hopeful to play much more successfully than in Stuttgart."...
his aim was to "be 100 percent fit and competible for the lawn season.": "That gives me self confidence for Wimledon."

"It was always a place where I felt extremely good. Halle is an ideal date, with its tournament character, between the Grand Slams in Paris and London. You can get down to earth here", the Swiss said, "it's a tournament with short, easy walks. And everything that was changed in the last couple of years made sence. This was also good for the players." The upgrading to an ATP500 event, Federer stated, "Halle has really deserved."

And referring to the girls coming, as he had joked about following his loss to Tommy last week, they aren't

"They were always very glad to go for walks in the forest", Federer said, "when I went away to the tournament this time, they couldn't come. So they said to me: can't you stay here - and we will go to Halle."

Rufus1

Back to top Go down

Post by avasbar Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:29 pm

Good old Marianne Bevis Very Happy
Apparantly she got him alone in a lift! So she tweeted.

http://www.thesportreview.com/tsr/2017/06/halle-2017-as-roger-federer-scores-1100th-he-admits-i-appreciate-these-numbers-way-more-today-than-ever/
avasbar
avasbar

Back to top Go down

Post by Márcia Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:51 pm

^^^
Thanks for the article. So good to read her.
Márcia
Márcia

Back to top Go down

2017 Tournament Interviews - Page 3 Empty Halle 2017 - R1 vs Sugita - 1100th Match Win

Post by Cromar Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:40 pm

Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum