Roger Federer Forum
Only members can read the topics or post on this forum.

Please login or register as a new member. It's free... and may you find some old friends!
Roger Federer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ITF/ATP New Rules and Structure

+3
wcr
Márcia
Rufus1
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Normal Re: ITF/ATP New Rules and Structure

Post by Márcia Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:48 pm

Rufus, I'm very concerned by those news. Because they will also be able now, if they want, to change GS' rules. In name of "modernity", they will create fast-food tennis.

I was watching the doubles final at Washington. Why the hell this absurdity of "deciding point" even in a final? Evil / Very Mad

Márcia

Back to top Go down

Post by Rufus1 Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:03 pm

I am not sure that they can change the GS rules - Each of the slams is independent - and format/rules are not the same everywhere.  For example, only the US Open has a fifth set tiebreaker.  Only W, I think has the men's doubles play best of five for example.  The ITF board is very broad, not just the slams and the 4 countries involved.

The ITF board was upset that they were not given the 66% mandate to make all of the changes they wanted to DC.  And so they gave themselves the unilateral, temporary power with respect to DC.  That is what I don't like and consider dangerous.  Once you have made the "temporary change" it is tough to go back.  

This is what it is about - From Myles article -

http://tennis.life/2017/08/04/itf-board-makes-emperor/

The resolution gives the board of directors “the authority to make changes to Davis Cup and Fed Cup regulations on a trial basis without needing to seek approval from the general membership.”

Rufus1

Back to top Go down

Normal New rules

Post by Márcia Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:38 am

Rufus, I understand that they don't have "free pass" with the slams. But these kind of changes they will intent - and do - with the DC, I mean, they always begin somewhere, no? USOpen has tie-break at the fifth. Why? When did they change it?

Americans are more often than not behind these "fast-food" changes. I am really afraid. As I am afraid with the "news" they will bring to the NextGen Cup. Those changes are trials...

As you can imagine, I come from the period of best of 5 at the final of the Masters. Wink Gif
Márcia
Márcia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum