Roger Federer Forum
Only members can read the topics or post on this forum.

Please login or register as a new member. It's free... and may you find some old friends!
Roger Federer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Davis Cup 2018

+11
ph∞be
Cromar
Steerpike60
Aprilp20n
Darktemplar
InspiredTennis
fedled
StrongerThanAll
Kemik
Márcia
UES
15 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Normal Re: Davis Cup 2018

Post by ph∞be Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:35 am

I would have also liked to watch some of the DC matches. Sometimes they are telecast in Canada but not this time and I don't feel like paying for access.

ph∞be

Back to top Go down

Post by fedled Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:32 pm

The Ukrainian betting stream is usually reliable and doesn't (so far as I know and I've used it quite frequently) leave any nasty deposits behind ... http://videostream.dn.ua/videopage/videoPage.php?g=OTcxOTY%E2%84%96f&c=en&i=eWl2bW9iZGlzaA%E2%84%96f%E2%84%96f
Click on the 'OK' box in the first page; which takes you to next page with various sports listed down the right-hand side; scroll down and select 'Tennis' (matches are listed below the header); Click on the 'Play' button and streaming will start.
fedled
fedled

Back to top Go down

Post by fedled Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:30 pm

Very fine doubles partnership from Tim Puetz and Jan-Lennard Struff from rainy Valencia; Tim red-hot as netman and Struff playing great tennis; they lead by a set and break and are outplaying the Spanish pair of dubs Slammers. Terrific stuff.
fedled
fedled

Back to top Go down

Post by ph∞be Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:22 pm

Well done to the German doubles team but I think it will be a live 5th. No way is Nadal going to lose to Sascha on clay tomorrow.
ph∞be
ph∞be

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:09 pm

Thanks for the link Fedled!  Smile  

They are not showing the USA-Belgium doubles right now (Belgium won the first set, by the way), but I'll check it for tomorrow's matches.
Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:29 pm

USA could get their move to the SF if they win their doubles match tonight... Surprisingly, though, Belgium won the first set! 2nd set tied at 5-5... to be continued!  Smile

A great win by the Germans today, indeed!... And I had suggested that that change their players for the doubles, not knowing anything about Puetz!  Facepalm

Current Team Standing

Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:44 am

USA into the Semi's

Ryan Harrison and Jack Sock ended doing the deed in four sets and so, the USA is the first nation to book its place in the DavisCup semifinals.

Davis Cup 2018 - Page 3 DaOU9RMWkAA0v1z
Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by Aprilp20n Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:45 am

I don’t know how Sascha lost the first set 1-6. Well Nadal coming back from injuries and sweeping the clay court season is never in doubt isn’t it. He just doesn’t lose to anyone on clay, particularly not in BO5. I feel like I’m despaired just like in 2015 when Djoker was beating everyone with one hand tied behind his back
Aprilp20n
Aprilp20n

Back to top Go down

Post by InspiredTennis Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:44 pm

CROMAR - thanks for the information. Red Flower

I have kept half an eye on the Davis Cup these last few days - and will come clean that my main interest has been to cheer Germany on!   Sunny  

Super stuff from  Putz and Struff in the doubles.   A big fat Pppppfffftttt!! For Alex Zverev.  And now cheering for Phillip Kohlshreiber.  COME ON GERMANY!!!!!  It is going with serve at present - DF is a dogged contestant on home turf, & PK can so easily go walkabout.  If only he can somehow remain focused ......

Poor Belgium were thrashed by the US I note - congratulations to the winners to get through after a loooooong gap since 2012.

Kazakhstan has put up a reasonable contest, but I note that Marin cilic is running away with the 1st set against Kukushkin.

I think France / Italy is my favourite pairing at present. As we speak, Pouille has  had a straight sets victory over Fognnini - & will, I think,  take France through.
InspiredTennis
InspiredTennis

Back to top Go down

Post by Márcia Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:55 pm

With the events here in Brasil, I was watching strictly NOTHING this week. Now, I just came to David v Kohli. And I see the ex-bald unbearable person giving instructions, fighting against David. Even with his mates he is so unpleasant? Gooooo, Kohli (I like David so much! But a team where this RN person is, only Team Europe at Laver Cup).

Glad for France, sorry for Belgium without David.
Márcia
Márcia

Back to top Go down

Post by Darktemplar Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:28 pm

I thought Ferrer would win this quite easily, but I forgot how old he is already, too, who knows if he can withstand physically demanding 5 sets, already surviving little crisis, it seems.

Kohli is playing really well today, though I don't know if he can keep that up, probably not. But it'd sting so much for Ferrer to lose this, with whole team depending on him and with home crowd advantage.

Darktemplar

Back to top Go down

Post by Darktemplar Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:07 pm

Quite a match this one. Ferrer's mental resiliance is a sight to behold, his ability to never give up and always be prepared for the next point is quite amazing. Quite a turnaround in this set, Kohli serving for it, but Ferrer fought back, and then again from 0-3 down in TB. One controversial call there, I thought Kohli's shot was out, but it got overcalled, the umpire decided to replay the point, which was bit unfair for Kohli as Ferrer wouldn't probably make the shot (his shot went out and I don't think he was distracted by the call). One set away he is. I'd prefer Germany and Kohli to win, but I've to say Ferrer's effort there is quite amazing.

Darktemplar

Back to top Go down

Post by ph∞be Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:12 pm

I don't really care about the result. But it is troubling to see that Sascha is not doing well at all. He seems to have got hammered by Nadal. Well, it will be interesting to see if there will be any challengers on clay for Nadal.
ph∞be
ph∞be

Back to top Go down

Post by Darktemplar Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:48 pm

Really good effort from Kohli this set, not going away, and now forcing Ferrer to serve to stay in the set. Will be tough loss and great win for either of those two now as both had their chances. Let's see what happens here and whether it'll go into the decider.

Darktemplar

Back to top Go down

Post by Darktemplar Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:50 pm

Very tough conditions now with the wind blowing up the clay. 2 SPs for Kohli.... and such lucky dead netcord to take the set. Must be disappointing for Ferrer, he missed chances early on in the set and then couldn't get into any of Kohli's service games. It's anybody's match now I guess, Kohli serving first, but pressure is huge on both now.

Darktemplar

Back to top Go down

Post by fedled Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:56 pm

COME ON PHILIPP - YOU CAN DO THIS!!!
fedled
fedled

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down