Roger Federer Forum
Only members can read the topics or post on this forum.

Please login or register as a new member. It's free... and may you find some old friends!
Roger Federer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RF Tennis News 2021

+13
Ramm
Steerpike60
UES
Rosaline
Jmrf
federerworshipper
Márcia
striker
Marly 103-20
wcr
HeartoftheMatter
Sherl
Cromar
17 posters

Page 7 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Normal Re: RF Tennis News 2021

Post by federerworshipper Sun Aug 08, 2021 3:38 am

This has been the worst year for us fans. At least in 2019 Roger was tweeting and making fun zoom videos and promotions for Barilla, ON etc.. He is not reaching out to his fans, which only means that he is not ready yet. It feels like it is the end, but it couldn't be. He has the Laver Cup in Sept. I am sure he will be playing that event, his event. I am in doubt about the US Open though. Hoping to hear some positive news from him sometime soon. Meanwhile wishing him a very happy 40th Birthday and the best of health.

federerworshipper

striker and slaie_thuin like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ph∞be Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:10 pm

Chris Clarey's book The Master is coming out later this month. Here's today's conversation between him and Steve Tignor

https://www.tennis.com/news/articles/the-rally-how-writing-the-master-humanized-roger-federer-chris-clarey-biography
ph∞be
ph∞be

Cromar and slaie_thuin like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:41 am

THE RALLY: 20-PLUS YEARS IN THE MAKING, HOW WRITING 'THE MASTER' HUMANIZED FEDERER FOR ITS AUTHOR

Thanks, ph∞be! This is a really interesting conversation. Smile
Cromar
Cromar

slaie_thuin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:48 am

40 Stats For Roger Federer's 40th Birthday

The Swiss is the oldest player in the Top 100 of the FedEx ATP Rankings

By Andrew Eichenholz | ATP
August 8, 2021

In honour of Roger Federer's 40th birthday, the ATP Tour is celebrating by reliving 40 facts, moments or memories that have made his tennis career spectacular thus far.

40 - The age Federer is now! The Swiss is the only 40-year-old inside the Top 100 of the FedEx ATP Rankings, the elite group he has been part of — without dropping from it — since 11 October 1999
39 - Combined wins against Novak Djokovic (23) and Rafael Nadal (16)
38 - Age when Federer won his most recent title at the 2019 Swiss Indoors Basel. He has lifted the trophy at his hometown tournament 10 times
37 - Age when Federer won his 100th tour-level title at the 2019 Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships. The only other player who has also reached that milestone is Jimmy Connors, who captured 109 trophies

The Swiss claimed his 100th tour-level title in Dubai in 2019. Photo Credit: Francois Nel/Getty Images

36 - Federer’s age the last time he was No. 1 in the FedEx ATP Rankings the week of 18 June 2018, making him the oldest World No. 1 in history
35 - Consecutive matches won by Federer in 2005, which he topped with 41 straight wins in 2006-07
34 - Combined wins against former Top 10 players David Ferrer (17-0) and Mikhail Youzhny (17-0) without losing a match
33 - Five-set wins in his career
32 - Age when his second set of twins — brothers Leo and Lenny — were born on 6 May 2014. Federer and his wife, Mirka, also have twin daughters, Myla and Charlene, who were born on 23 July 2009
31 - Different tournaments won in 19 different countries
30 - Number of countries where Federer has played since making his ATP Tour debut in 1998
29 - Days to win three titles on three different surfaces in 2004 (Wimbledon, Gstaad, Toronto)
28 - ATP Masters 1000 titles

RF Tennis News 2021 - Page 7 Federer-miami-2019-final-trophy
Federer's most recent Masters 1000 title came in Miami in 2019. Photo Credit: Julian Finney/Getty Images

27 - Longest Grand Slam win streak of his career (twice), snapped by Rafael Nadal in the 2006 and 2007 Roland Garros finals
26 - Indoor titles, leading all active players. Andy Murray is second among active players with 15 indoor trophies
25 - Countries represented by the 51 players whom Federer has defeated for his 103 titles
24 - From 2003-05, Federer won 24 consecutive finals that he played in and 24 straight matches against Top-10 opponents
23 - Wins needed for Federer (1,251) to match Jimmy Connors’ record of 1,274 tour-level victories
22 - Age at which Federer first climbed to No. 1 in the FedEx ATP Rankings
21 - Years since the Swiss made his first ATP Tour final in Marseille in 2000
20 - Grand Slam titles
19 - Grass-court titles, nine more than second on the Open Era list, Pete Sampras
18- Consecutive Fans’ Favourite crowns in the ATP Awards, taking the title each year from 2003-2020
17 - Seed at the 2017 Australian Open when he came back from knee surgery to win the title

RF Tennis News 2021 - Page 7 Federer-australian-open-2017-final-trophy-close
Federer won the 2017 Australian Open as the 17th seed. Photo Credit: Getty Images

16 - Federer’s year-end FedEx ATP Ranking in 2016, which remains his only year-end ranking outside of the Top 10 since 2001
15 - Total losses in a three-year span (2004-2006) in 262 matches
14 - Consecutive years spent inside the Top 10 of the FedEx ATP Rankings (2002-2016)
13 - Number of match wins in his first full season on the ATP Tour in 1999
12 - Career-high titles won in a single season in 2006
11 - Grand Slam runner-up finishes
10 - Consecutive Grand Slam finals reached from 2005 Wimbledon through the 2007 US Open. He won the title in eight of those events
9 - Federer is No. 9 in the FedEx ATP Rankings on his 40th birthday
8 - Doubles titles won, including a gold medal at the Beijing Olympics in 2008 alongside Stan Wawrinka
7 - Number of Grand Slam finals won before first loss (2006 Roland Garros to Nadal)
6 - Nitto ATP Finals trophies
5 - Year-end No. 1 finishes (2004-07, 2009)
4 - He is one of four players to finish at No. 1 in the year-end FedEx ATP Rankings in at least four consecutive years, joining Pete Sampras (6), Jimmy Connors (5) and John McEnroe (4)
3 - Won three Grand Slams in a calendar year on three occasions, in 2004, 2006 and 2007. Federer and Novak Djokovic are the only players to accomplish that feat
2 - Tournaments at which Federer has won 10 titles. He has done so at the Swiss Indoors Basel and the NOVENTI OPEN in Halle
1 - Federer has spent 310 weeks atop the FedEx ATP Rankings, including a record 237 consecutive weeks from 2004-08

Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:15 am

BREAKING NEWS: Roger likely to miss the US Open

Not really the news we wanted to hear... but not too surprising either, considering what has been happening, or should I say, NOT happening, lately!  Wink Gif  

I would expect that we should hear from Roger in the next few days.

Idea Simon Graf is a Switzerland journalist and usually well informed about what's happening with Roger.  

Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:07 am

Oops!  A little journalistic banter here... Wink Gif

Blick had an interview with Roger about his 40th birthday and his knee, and just published the article on their website this morning, one second after midnight (00:01).

They also published pictures of Roger recent participation in a Swiss cooking contest with other sports celebrities. I am going to gather all this info, translate what I can and post it all here soon. But first, I need to get a coffee... Smile
Cromar
Cromar

federerworshipper and slaie_thuin like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Fri Aug 13, 2021 1:48 pm

How this guy can stay so positive is beyond me! Embarassed (See the blue highlights)
Oh, I forgot! - his name is Roger Federer, that's why! Sunny

But we also learn here that his knee problem after Wimbledon was quite serious and the very reason why he hasn't played since:  Sad

"I haven't done anything for a while, because of my knee. I had to stop everything after Wimbledon. This week, I'm to meet with my doctors and my team and then we'll see how things should go."

RF Tennis News 2021 - Page 7 Blick_10

"I'm totally at peace with myself"

Knee and 40th birthday – that's how Roger Federer is doing

The fans fear for Roger Federer and hope for his early return. In an interview with Blick, he talks about his birthday, his feelings as a 40-year-old and his problem knee.

Blick - August 13, 2021

RF Tennis News 2021 - Page 7 16747804-v8-1308-s11-federer-titelstory2-tbp9179-k

‎At some point he wants to learn to cook, according to Roger Federer. At the moment, however, he still lacks the time to do so. The focus these days is on health and rehabilitation: it is still unclear when Federer will return to the tennis tour.‎

LIRE L'ARTICLE EN FRANCAIS

ARTIKEL AUF DEUTSCH LESEN

Blick: Roger Federer, how are you doing physically? Roger

Federer: I am fine. I was on vacation. I haven't done anything for a while, because of my knee. I had to stop everything after Wimbledon. This week, I'm to meet with my doctors and my team and then we'll see how things should go. At the moment, everything is still a bit unclear.

How do you deal with this uncertainty?

It's difficult. It used to be different. The questions were simple: What is my ranking? What is my next tournament? Today it's trickier: How would I feel if I started training again? What can I achieve? What are my goals? How do I reconcile everything with the family? What is the rest of the team saying? Today I am much more vigilant than before, the attitude is different. It's really completely different than ten years ago.

Did you have to be even more patient in the last year?

Yes. You need more time for everything. Before, when I had a bad back, it took two days and then everything was fine again. Today, it can take two weeks. You need to be more patient with the aches and pain you have, with yourself, with the return to the court. But, at the same time, the joy of what you have achieved comes back. In the past, you took tournament victories for granted, but today you know what's behind them.

The pressure is also greater.

It's like in boxing. You have a lot less fights. The focus on a single match is therefore much greater. I had to learn that anew.

You seem very calm in the analysis of your difficult situation. Are there also moments when you freak out?

You have to adapt. That has always been like that in my career. Factors change: celebrity, success, experiences, identity and now that. I'm a quiet guy who takes things with humor. I always see the good, in every situation. If it isn't good right now, I know it will get better and it could be a lot worse. I'm doing just great. My family is healthy. I just turned forty, and I'm still active. Who would have thought that? Certainly not me. I am totally at peace with myself, and I am sure that there will be a lot more beautiful things to come.

You mentioned your 40th birthday. How was the celebration?

It was great. It was cool to be with the family, with the children, with Mirka and my parents. We celebrated my birthday with friends.

What kind of party type are you, the dignified standard dancer or the one with the wild theme party and karaoke?

I did karaoke only once. I was amazingly bad. I thought I knew those songs much better. At parties, you can always find me on the dance floor. Preferably, of course, when there is no one there filming my moves and posting them on the net. I was able to really enjoy it freely on my birthday.

How did the age feel the day after?

Surprisingly good. It was a bit like the Millennium, when we thought that all computers would crash. I woke up in the morning, as a 40-year-old, and realized that everything was still the same as the day before. I was relieved. All is good.

Turning 40 can be scary though ...

Suddenly you're 40 and you're thinking, "Oh no, this can't be!" I suddenly felt very far from my 20's. I was still a kid then. Now at 40, I feel like I need to be more serious. In the past, I looked at 40-year-olds and thought they were mega old. Now, suddenly, I'm one of them.  Giggle

RF Tennis News 2021 - Page 7 16747806-v2-1308-s11-federer-titelstory1-tbp9156-k
Cromar
Cromar

federerworshipper, Fannede, HeartoftheMatter, slaie_thuin and Rosaline like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ph∞be Fri Aug 13, 2021 4:47 pm

Thanks Cromar!

What kind of party type are you, the dignified standard dancer or the one with the wild theme party and karaoke? 

I did karaoke only once. I was amazingly bad. I thought I knew those songs much better. At parties, you can always find me on the dance floor. Preferably, of course, when there is no one there filming my moves and posting them on the net. I was able to really enjoy it freely on my birthday.

I hope this means that his knee was good enough to allow him to dance on his birthday!!
ph∞be
ph∞be

HeartoftheMatter and slaie_thuin like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheadlebeagle Fri Aug 13, 2021 4:58 pm

I just hope that Wimbledon isn't Roger's last match. It would be great if he could do a farewell tour next season and retire on his terms.

Cheadlebeagle

Back to top Go down

Post by striker Fri Aug 13, 2021 5:04 pm

So glad hes happy!!! I believe hes already living the life of a retired tennis player! So many "pans" in the fire so to speak. I will miss him dearly as Ive followed him since a teen. Maybe were reading too much into it BUT the day will come!!! BLESS HIM!!! Love it Love it Love it
striker
striker

witchie49, HeartoftheMatter and slaie_thuin like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ph∞be Fri Aug 13, 2021 5:08 pm

Cheadlebeagle wrote:I just hope that Wimbledon isn't Roger's last match. It would be great if he could do a farewell tour next season and retire on his terms.
But isn't quitting because of his knee on his terms? He has enough money, achievements to allow him to stop playing. He doesn't have to prove anything to himself or others anymore. He has always hope to live an active life after tennis- including skiing. I hope that the condition of his knee is such that although it may not allow him to compete at the highest level, he is pain free with moderate activities including playing some tennis with Mirka and the kids.
ph∞be
ph∞be

HeartoftheMatter likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosaline Fri Aug 13, 2021 5:23 pm

There's nothing so wonderful as skiing and so long as Roger can ski in future....

Rosaline

HeartoftheMatter likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Marly 103-20 Fri Aug 13, 2021 5:30 pm

Roger does play in NY? At  Boston for Laver Cup??
Marly 103-20
Marly 103-20

http://federer080881.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosaline Fri Aug 13, 2021 5:31 pm

Something I read said he was determined to be at Laver Cup....

Rosaline

Back to top Go down

Post by federerworshipper Sat Aug 14, 2021 4:44 am

I was sure that Roger would be playing the Laver Cup. But he says only the doubles matches, and, after consulting with his Doctor and Team. Wow. But I am glad to hear that he was dancing on that knee, and he is really looking good and rested.

Thank you Dear Cromar for posting Roger news, he knows his fans are anxiously waiting for an update, so good of him to do this interview. And i am also amazed with his amazingly positive attitude. I heard it from Mirka way back. She described Roger as always happy. Wishing him total recovery and we will keep on waiting for him.
federerworshipper
federerworshipper

Sherl, witchie49, HeartoftheMatter, slaie_thuin and Rosaline like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HeartoftheMatter Sat Aug 14, 2021 3:34 pm

Roger has almost a Zen like quality about him. Admirable that he is so balanced, or that he can bring himself to that point of  balance.
 It is wonderful to hear him talk about how he takes things!

HeartoftheMatter

Rosaline likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum