Roger Federer Forum
Only members can read the topics or post on this forum.

Please login or register as a new member. It's free... and may you find some old friends!
Roger Federer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Messages for Wimbledon!

+4
Cromar
Márcia
PASDOM59
Sigtias
8 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Normal Re: Messages for Wimbledon!

Post by Kazzie Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:52 am

Cromar this is the message I get when I try to follow your instructions.... I have no idea why it's related to Facebook.... Lenny, another fan here, sent it to me via email

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10156415946428298&set=p.10156415946428298&type=3

Kazzie

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazzie Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:12 am

PASDOM59 wrote:Thanks Sigtias for the information about the collect of messages ..
I'm not on FB and i'm happy to read the information , here , with this topic ..
Smile

Please feel free to send your message either here via PM, email: unitedbyrog@gmail.com or whatever is most convenient for you.

DEADLINE just a few days away: FRIDAY 30 June

Kazzie

Back to top Go down

Post by CPiscean Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:49 am

Do we have a final list of the people who submitted messages for Roger at Wimbledon?
Cheers,
CPiscean

CPiscean

Back to top Go down

Post by Márcia Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:31 pm

^^^
Me also, Karen, I would like to know how the list was going.
Hugs,
Márcia
Márcia
Márcia

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazzie Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:23 am

In the end we received 64 pages although I must say virtually each and every one came from Fans on our FB pages: Roger Federer Forum and #UnitedbyROG

We are very happy with this result as even when we had our original rf.com with about 375,000 Members, we would be lucky to hit 100 messages and sometimes for GS, a bit more.

There's a lovely photo of Suni handing over the envelope to ROG right after practice before his first match (she stood up on a bend as he was exiting through the crowd !!); I was next to her but standing on the ground thus able to catch a glimpse of Our Champ through a gap !!

Kazzie

Back to top Go down

Post by Márcia Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:57 pm

Karen, please can you (or Sunita) post this photo here? As I am telling you: few people here of the forum has/use fb. Myself, I go there once a week (if so much), it is a place that disturbs me most of everything. Wink Gif
Márcia
Márcia

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazzie Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:16 pm

I'll try Marcia but as I mentioned above, sadly there appears to be little interest here on this site

Kazzie

Back to top Go down

Post by Márcia Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:12 am

Karen dear do as you feel. But, as I said to you, most of the people here is not at fb. And - most important - this forum is still a baby. We are just getting used to it.

People don't know very well about the idea of UnitedByRog, how it came, RogiFan's word about it, people don't know. Most of the members here used to send messages to the RE. Why would they not be interested by the UBR? At the moment, I think because they don't know or they don"t feel concerned, they feel it is an idea of people from fb that do not concern them.

So, I think that if there is an interest in getting the old people from the old forum into the UBR you - who are at the beginning of this new concept - should insist. Or... let it be. Which I personally think would be a pity, as most people here are the olds from the old forum, and people who normally used to send messages to the RE.

Of course, dear, I may be totally wrong. Wink Gif

Cheers, hugs.
Márcia
Márcia

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazzie Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:12 am

Marcia
I appreciate your input but all I can say is I have tried to request messages, I have posted a Halle report with pictures and there has been precious little (if any) acknowledgment. Even with 375,000+ members on our original rf.com, we would be lucky to hit 100 messages or a bit more for GS. We received 64 for Wimby this time that I am quite happy about under the circumstance.

I will attempt to post the delivery from last week.

Cheers K xxx

Kazzie

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazzie Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:33 am

I have just posted a short report and a couple of pictures of the delivery... I hope you and others see it

Kazzie

Back to top Go down

Post by Márcia Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:20 am

^^^
Just arriving home (10pm), I saw it, Karen dear. Messages for Wimbledon!  - Page 2 Kiss-and-thank-you-smiley-emoticon

Our boy is just sublime, no?
Márcia
Márcia

Back to top Go down

Post by Kazzie Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:38 am

Márciaf wrote:^^^
Just arriving home (10pm), I saw it, Karen dear.  Messages for Wimbledon!  - Page 2 Kiss-and-thank-you-smiley-emoticon

Our boy is just sublime, no?

peRFectly wondeRFul !!!!!!!

Kazzie

Back to top Go down

Post by avasbar Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:05 pm

No no we are not uninterested! Smile just busy, a little bit forgetful and distracted by 'Life'.
I love the United by Rog concept and have met so many lovely people in the Queue due to our mutual appreciation.
I was thinking to somehow get a t-shirt made of the logo to sell to people at Wimby and you bet a million people around the world will want it and imagine if at every tournament Rog sees a liad if peopke wearing it hiw good that will make him feel.
But 1. I was too busy with an unexpected house sale and that was the reason too why I never got my message to Rog for Wimby composed in time and
2. I didnt design the logo and felt a bit like I shouldnt profit in this way but seriously, whoever did design it should get organised with T-shirts and caps and key-rings and tote bags and what-all to sell at every tourney. I certainly want one!!!
avasbar
avasbar

Back to top Go down

Post by Steerpike60 Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:33 pm

Marciaf,

Unfortunately, there was a bit of a misunderstanding on FB when we were trying to figure out a replacement for the RE.  Since the old site went down without notice we were left in a lurch.  Obviously all of us thought the new site would just be an improvement on the old one (like the last time it was upgraded).  So it was quite shocking when this new "commercial' RF site appeared with no forum.

Then with the AO coming up quickly, a group came up with the RF "love" box as a quick replacement for Melbourne.  Many of us contributed messages to that so we could at least give Roger something.  But that one was never sanctioned as the official replacement for the RE.  The UBR, though, was brought together to be the official replacement for the RE.  But the "love box" crew didn't want to join forces and were adamant at keeping their idea, despite attempts at reconciliation.  Obviously fans can give Roger whatever they want, so they keep doing theirs.

I only contribute to the UBR as I don't like the idea of two, plus as I said, this one has been deemed the official replacement.
Steerpike60
Steerpike60

Back to top Go down

Post by Márcia Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:32 pm

Steerpike, hi. No, dear, I think you misunderstood me. I even did not know the so called "love box" was going on. I am the more and more rarely at fb. I liked and follow the idea of the UBR, also because it is born after discussions with RogiFan.

When I wrote here to Karen my intent was just asking her to also post here at the forum the reports on the delivery of the UBR messages, because many here don't have fb. Only this. I am not a follower of fb, to be honest, and had no idea of this controversial story.

Cheers.
Márcia
Márcia

Back to top Go down

Post by Steerpike60 Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:06 pm

Marciaf, I did understand your post, I was just giving some background on what transpired on FB about how we were going to replace the RE.  Obviously this all went down before this site was here which is why the discussions were happening on FB.  It was just a bit of an ugly mess.

Hopefully the UBR will get a similar following here as the RE did on the old RF.com.  Maybe not but hopefully between here and FB, the UBR will get plenty of messages to get to Roger.  I'm just sorry that the "love box" folks didn't come onboard with the UBR.  I hate to see the fans split, considering we all love Roger.
Steerpike60
Steerpike60

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum