Roger Federer Forum
Only members can read the topics or post on this forum.

Please login or register as a new member. It's free... and may you find some old friends!
Roger Federer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Awards, Records & Stats

+23
federerworshipper
skumars
Kemik
Manu
ph∞be
fedled
Katestyp
striker
Cosmo56
mariah1
Thandi
Sherl
norinchi
LaRubia
HeartoftheMatter
TuTi_fanofRFed
Márcia
cornnn92
tvradke
oldfan
Steerpike60
Cromar
avasbar
27 posters

Page 1 of 13 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Awards, Records & Stats Empty Awards, Records & Stats

Post by avasbar Sat Jan 28, 2017 6:44 am

I have found this excellent site which posts an amazing amount of info on all of Rogers match history. Thanks to Cromar for getting this set up for us.  Very Happy

Of course there's all the history of the other players too.

Here's the Link:
Tennis Abstract Roger Federer:  Match History

avasbar
avasbar

Back to top Go down

Awards, Records & Stats Empty Re: Awards, Records & Stats

Post by Cromar Wed Feb 01, 2017 8:37 am

Big Titles: Federer Reclaims Outright Lead

Roger Federer added a 48th crown to his 'Big Titles' haul, winning the 2017 Australian Open.

ATP Staff - Jan 31, 2017

Roger Federer adds to haul with Aussie Open crown

It did not take long for Roger Federer to reclaim the top spot among 'Big Titles' winners, kicking off his 2017 campaign with the Australian Open title on Sunday.

The Switzerland fifth triumph Down Under, as a result of a thrilling 6-4, 3-6, 6-1, 3-6, 6-3 win over Rafael Nadal, brings his Big Titles total haul to 48. Coupled with six ATP Finals crowns and 24 at the ATP World Tour Masters 1000 level, Federer's 18th Grand Slam victory moves him ahead of Novak Djokovic for the Big Titles lead. He has won 89 tour-level crowns overall.

Consistency has been the hallmark of Federer's career, since claiming his first Big Title in Hamburg nearly 16 years ago, when the tournament was a Masters 1000 event. He has since notched at least one such victory in 14 different seasons. The Swiss has played 206 tournaments at this level, averaging one title for each 4.3 events played.

Djokovic is in second place with 47 in total. The all-time Masters 1000 leader (30) has also claimed 12 major crowns and five at the ATP Finals. The World No. 2 has by the far the best conversion rate of any player, past or present, winning one Big Title for every 3.2 events played at this level.

Nadal, who was bidding for a 15th major crown, also boasts an exceptional strike rate, winning one Big Title for every 3.6 appearances. He is joint second all-time (with Pete Sampras) for most Grand Slam titles won with 14 and outright second all-time for most ATP World Tour Masters 1000 titles won with 28 crowns, just two behind Djokovic's record haul.

Current and Former Champions' Big Titles Won
View table

* Becker's four other Grand Slam titles came before 1990.

Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by Steerpike60 Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:08 pm

The whole "X per Y events played" stat is so misleading. Obviously the percentage gets greater the older you get. If all three play to the same age, then that stat might be meaningful. What is interesting and IMO, a huge hole for Nadal is that none of his big titles include the YEC, as opposed to Roger and Djoker.
Steerpike60
Steerpike60

Back to top Go down

Post by oldfan Thu Feb 02, 2017 5:55 am

Steerpike60 wrote:.... a huge hole for Nadal is that none of his big titles include the YEC, as opposed to Roger and Djoker.

Totally agree. This is one thing that is often omitted in many discussions about the Fed/Nadal rivalry. I have a lot of respect for Brad Gilbert but I was annoyed with him during the pre-final discussion when he mentioned that Nadal had won many more MS titles than Roger, but never said a single word about YEC. I would have liked someone to mention that there are no Masters tournaments played on grass, Roger's favourite surface, but many are on clay, Nadal's favourite, which explains why Nadal has more MS titles.

BG also predicted a Nadal victory in 4 sets, undermining my already shaky confidence even further. But glory be, all that matters little now. Roger's triumph in the final is all that much sweeter, because it is against Nadal and now I can finally forget the 2009 AO final.
oldfan
oldfan

Back to top Go down

Post by tvradke Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:40 am

Brad Gilbert said before the match that in his opinion, the winner of the final was GOAT and the runner up would be second. He put Sampras third and Laver fourth if I am not mistaken. I wonder if he now stands by that claim. Might sting him to acknowledge Roger as the GOAT. Hell even John McEnroe called Roger the GOAT before the match. I must admit, I didn't see that coming. JMac had been so faithful to Nadal for a long time. JMac even thought Roger would beat Nadal before the match. I found myself with the rare occasion of hoping JMac was right. But hey, even a broken clock is right twice a day.

tvradke

Back to top Go down

Post by tvradke Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:43 am

He has 202 Top 10 wins. I reckon that is easily a record among contemporary players. Don't know where he ranks in the all time lists.

tvradke

Back to top Go down

Post by tvradke Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:19 am

This is probably a completely obvious record but interesting nonetheless. Roger and Serena have won 7 Grand Slams together. Laver and Margaret Court also won 7. Emerson and Margaret Court had 6 while Sampras and Graf also had 6. I can't find anyone with 8.

tvradke

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:22 pm

The King of the tie breaks! King

Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Thu May 11, 2017 2:59 pm

Interesting stats... Too bad it doesn't show the full upward progression for 2017 with the last two Masters trophies!

Awards, Records & Stats C_jF8DvW0AAAidm
Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by cornnn92 Wed May 24, 2017 8:14 am

I can't make sense of that graph... Why is the USO 2011 SF loss at 109 and the AO 2016 SF loss at more than 112???? And what do those figures exactly mean? Thanks in advance!
cornnn92
cornnn92

Back to top Go down

Post by Márcia Wed May 24, 2017 12:18 pm

My thanks also. I understood absolutely NOTHING!
Márcia
Márcia

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:47 pm

Sorry for the late response...

The above graph, for what I understand, is a combined rolling 50-match result, meaning that each bar represent the total score of the last 50 matches. With each new match/bar, the oldest match result is dropped and the new one added. This is to show the trend, over time, of his performance level rather than his actual performance at any particular time.

It is a bit like the ATP Rankings which uses a 12-month rolling total. Does that make sense? Wink Gif
Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Awards, Records & Stats Empty 1100 Match Wins

Post by Cromar Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:48 pm

Congratulations, Roger!  Cheering

Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by tvradke Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:46 pm

9971 aces and counting. 29 to go to get to the 10,000 mark. Hopefully in the QF or SF here.

tvradke

Back to top Go down

Post by Márcia Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:48 am

^^^ wow! Roger plays and - bumb! - one record. Very Happy Just amazing! May it be, tvradke.
Márcia
Márcia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 13 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum