Roger Federer Forum
Only members can read the topics or post on this forum.

Please login or register as a new member. It's free... and may you find some old friends!
Roger Federer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Laureus Awards 2018

+14
wcr
InspiredTennis
Steerpike60
mariah1
ph∞be
Márcia
norinchi
Aprilp20n
Thandi
oldlady
Sherl
federerworshipper
Kemik
Cromar
18 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Normal Re: Laureus Awards 2018

Post by Steerpike60 Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:48 pm

So happy for Roger! He completely deserved both awards!

But Serena did not deserve to be nominated, let alone win. She missed 95% of the year, for goodness' sake!

Steerpike60

Back to top Go down

Post by InspiredTennis Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:28 pm

CROMAR - thank you dear for yet more Roger goodies.  I try to find time to look up Roger news and when I read he had won these two excellent awards, I knew you would have posted about them here.  Sunny  Love it  Swiss Flag  Red Star   The new heading for our site is just great.  Thank you message

oldlady wrote:Laureus Awards 2018 - Page 3 Ztykyb  Congratulations Roger!!!!Love shower
It makes me more happy than I can say in words.
❤❤❤
Laureus Awards 2018 - Page 3 28r2v4n

I often love your pictures / characters, dear OLDLADY and this one is no exception. And of course, I share the sentiment in your message.  Love it  

Congratulations to Roger and his team, loved ones and fans. We ( all of us ) can be rightly proud of our Darling Boy.  The Master Magician continues his glorious quest and we travel with him. Lucky us. Thank you Roger. May your quest continue to delight you and us.
InspiredTennis
InspiredTennis

Back to top Go down

Post by Thandi Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:04 pm

Enormous congratulations to Roger on his Laureus double award! Very Happy  So richly deserved, and I am utterly thrilled for him.  I imagine he is over the moon!  Aww, he seemed quite moved when giving his acceptance speech for his World Sportsman of the Year award, maybe started to choke up a bit. ♥️

Thank you Cromar for all the news, pics and clips. Smile  I shall look forward to watching the highlights of the Laureus Sports Awards, in which I hope Roger features prominently - indeed, I expect he will.  Double delight. Smile

Big congratulations to Serena too on her World Sportswoman of the Year award. Very Happy  I'm very happy for her.  Winning a Slam while pregnant, no mean feat, I would say!  Chapeau, Séréna!

Thandi

Back to top Go down

Post by federerworshipper Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:00 am

Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooh I am so happy and proud, I am so happy to see Roger over the moon winning both of those prestegious awards. I was so scared that they’ll give one away to you know who. Oh but the Academy couldn’t help but see the light. The Mighty Fed Light shone so bright that it blinded the sports world since his magical comeback. To think of what he had accomplished after being flat on his face on the his favorite grass court shaking his head in frustration and dispair, it boggles the mind. But most of it was his love of the sport and his determination to get back to it and months of hard work. Oh I am so excited, it feels as he won another Major. JUSTICE IS SERVED people AND IT’S SOOOO SWEET. The fairy tale continues.

CONGRATULATIONS ROGER, No one deserves this more than you do. Go celebrate and enjoy with your wonderful family, Team, friends and hope you enjoy good health and more good fortune for years to come. Can’t wait to see him next week Roger Love Eyes

Thank you "Cromar" for all the goodies and for this thread. I can't stop smiling and I feel like bragging Muahaha! Our Roger won it all Laughing
federerworshipper
federerworshipper

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:29 am

Not 'everyone' was so happy about Roger's double Laureus awards...  LOL Flag

Now I know why I got a big 'blank' when I tried to view the video of his acceptance speech on their Twitter page!  

Federer’s Twin Wins Crash Laureus Web Site

ATP Staff - 27 February 2018

Swiss now holds a record six Laureus awards

Roger Federer was honoured by the 2018 Laureus World Sports Awards on Tuesday, picking up the Sportsman of the Year and Comeback of the Year awards at the ceremony in Monaco. The 36-year-old tennis star managed to briefly crash the Laureus website in the process as fans flocked online to read about his win.

The ATP World Tour No. 1 received his sixth award since the Laureus Awards began in 2000, making him the most decorated winner in its history. Following a 2016 season curtailed by knee and back problems, Federer returned in 2017 to win seven titles, including two Grand Slams and three ATP World Tour Masters 1000s in a run that laid the groundwork for his eventual return to No. 1 in the ATP Rankings earlier this month.

"I'm humbled to stand in front of you and receive this award," Federer said during the ceremony. "The Laureus Foundation does amazing work. I have a foundation of my own and get inspired and motivated by what you do. Maybe one day, I'll be remembered for my philanthropic work rather than my tennis work."

Federer beat out Rafael Nadal, Real Madrid forward Cristiano Ronaldo, British distance runner Mo Farah, four-time Tour de France winner Chris Froome and four-time Formula One world champion Lewis Hamilton to claim the Sportsman of the Year award.

Federer hoisted the Laureus Sportsman of the Year trophy from 2005-08.

"When I won my first Laureus Award back in 2005, if you had said I would end up winning six, I wouldn't have believed you," Federer said. "It's been an amazing ride."

"Everyone knows how highly I value my Laureus Awards, so to win another would have been wonderful, but to win two is a truly unique honour. (2017) was an unforgettable year for me, to come back after a very difficult 2016, and these (awards) just make it even more memorable."
Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherl Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:03 am

CONGRATS Roger!!!!!!! So well deserved!!!!
Sherl
Sherl

Back to top Go down

Post by wcr Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:14 am

Roger Federer. So much winning my head can't stop spinning.
wcr
wcr

Back to top Go down

Post by federerworshipper Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:28 am

^^^^
And I can't stop grinning Very Happy
federerworshipper
federerworshipper

Back to top Go down

Post by ph∞be Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:57 am

Sweet, sweet interview

ph∞be
ph∞be

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:39 am

Roger is so good at explaining how he feels and, honest, I think it's the word, about why he is so proud and happy to receive these awards. He keeps amazing me! Love Eyes
Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by michelle88 Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:53 am

Thanks everyone for the goodies. Great to see him win these awards and super sweet to see him getting a little emotional (again Laughing). Apparently in the French part of the press conference he said he wants to win Roland Garros again Shocked. If that were to happen I think my head would just explode from amazement, but interesting comment I thought. Maybe he is considering to play on clay this year?
michelle88
michelle88

Back to top Go down

Post by norinchi Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:41 am

Laureus Awards 2018 - Page 3 Roger+Federer+Winners+Press+Conference+Photocalls+xmtcdeKmtSOx

Laureus Awards 2018 - Page 3 Roger+Federer+Winners+Press+Conference+Photocalls+VvM29_aWjyUx

Laureus Awards 2018 - Page 3 Roger+Federer+Winners+Press+Conference+Photocalls+Ak7j4IEBY42x

Laureus Awards 2018 - Page 3 Roger+Federer+Winners+Press+Conference+Photocalls+tjNUY8DnAhgx
norinchi
norinchi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:03 am

michelle88 wrote:Thanks everyone for the goodies. Great to see him win these awards and super sweet to see him getting a little emotional (again Laughing). Apparently in the French part of the press conference he said he wants to win Roland Garros again Shocked. If that were to happen I think my head would just explode from amazement, but interesting comment I thought. Maybe he is considering to play on clay this year?

Wow! Congratulations, Roger!

Maybe Roger just thinks he had such a great year last year (and this, so far!), anything else really is just gravy and he's happy to try RG one more time. I think Vinnie has written that he has dreamt of Roger winning RG by beating Nadal in the final! That really would be something else! 8)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherl Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:55 pm

michelle88 wrote:Thanks everyone for the goodies. Great to see him win these awards and super sweet to see him getting a little emotional (again Laughing). Apparently in the French part of the press conference he said he wants to win Roland Garros again Shocked. If that were to happen I think my head would just explode from amazement, but interesting comment I thought. Maybe he is considering to play on clay this year?

Laureus Awards 2018 - Page 3 7200487
Sherl
Sherl

Back to top Go down

Post by RogerNo.1 Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:32 pm

This is amazing news. Congratulations to Roger. Well deserved indeed.
RogerNo.1
RogerNo.1

Back to top Go down

Post by michelle88 Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:49 pm

Very accurate Sherl Laughing. He also said he wanted to this for a few more years. Bring it on I say. What a great time to be a Roger Federer fan!
michelle88
michelle88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum