Roger Federer Forum
Only members can read the topics or post on this forum.

Please login or register as a new member. It's free... and may you find some old friends!
Roger Federer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RF Tennis News 2017

+46
forummember
oldlady
striker
Kop8zky
federerworshipper
skumars
Indybeck71
Márcia
Cromar
Matarsakolito
Lucycanada
InspiredTennis
FedFFL
Sparkle
Federite
MaxUS
UES
angellT
cappucc19o
vrazkar
StrongerThanAll
anutam
fedled
Rufus1
Marcizio14
michelle88
oldfan
tvradke
RMGuillot
Loti
schneewitchen
Katarina_YYZ
avasbar
RogerNo.1
ph∞be
LaRubia
Vinnie
cornnn92
cat29
norinchi
Sherl
wcr
Aprilp20n
mariah1
Steerpike60
Lil_Jay
50 posters

Page 8 of 39 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 23 ... 39  Next

Go down

Normal Re: RF Tennis News 2017

Post by Aprilp20n Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:19 am

Such a great piece! Thanks for sharing it anutam! I see so much love everywhere in this article! I think the writer himself must be a big fan

Aprilp20n

Back to top Go down

Post by avasbar Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:38 am

^^^
I think we all sound a bit bonkers actually! Laughing
But I'm included - I sent a message in that LoveBox! - but not sure I would have done if I'd known it was going to be called that Wink Gif
avasbar
avasbar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherl Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:22 am

That is a beautiful article! Very touching.
Sherl
Sherl

Back to top Go down

Post by cornnn92 Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:19 pm

Roger and Murray played tennis on the beach today !

Federer & Murray Play Beach Tennis – 25th Anniversary of Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships

ATP world number one Andy Murray and seven time Dubai champion Roger Federer are back in Dubai for the 25th anniversary of the Dubai Duty Free Championships, and took some time out from serious practice for an impromptu match on the beach facing the iconic Burj Al Arab at the Jumeirah Al Naseem hotel.

https://dubaidutyfreetennischampionships.com/federer-murray-play-beach-tennis-25th-anniversary-of-dubai-duty-free-tennis-championships/

February 24, 2017 – DUBAI, UAE: ATP world number one Andy Murray and seven time Dubai champion Roger Federer are back in Dubai for the 25th anniversary of the Dubai Duty Free Championships, and took some time out from serious practice for an impromptu match on the beach facing the iconic Burj Al Arab at the Jumeirah Al Naseem hotel today.

Murray and Federer haven’t played since the Australian Open, which saw Federer win his 18th Grand Slam title in spectacular style. With Tournament Director Salah Tahlak on hand to umpire, the beach seemed the perfect place to warm up for the ATP Tournament which kicks off on Monday 27 February.

Federer is happy to be back at one of his favourite tournaments, saying “I’m looking forward to playing, especially on the anniversary of 25 years here in Dubai. It’s nice to be part of a tournament celebrating something. I’ve had some great years here in Dubai, I wanted to be in good shape and ready for the conditions so I came early this year.

“The players like this tournament so much, it’s well organized, and well run with good crowds, and with the hotel and everything on site it’s so convenient.

“Today was a nice way to start the celebrations of 25 years, now I can’t wait for the tournament to start”.

Wimbledon, Olympic and ATP Finals champion Murray said “It was good fun today playing on the beach, I’ve never done that and the sun came out for us so that was a good start to the day.

“I enjoy coming to Dubai, I’ve played here a number of years. I feel fresh, I’ve had a long break since the Australian Open and I feel refreshed and looking forward to competing again”.

The 25th staging of the ATP World Tour event runs from 27 February until 4 March, and also features defending Dubai champion Stan Wawrinka, two-time Dubai finalist Tomas Berdych and the entertaining Gael Monfils.
cornnn92
cornnn92

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinnie Fri Feb 24, 2017 3:57 pm

anutam wrote:Sorry if this one was already posted (or if it is wrong thread). I think it is the article Vinny was talking about recently:

http://www.espn.com/tennis/story/_/id/18686400/for-roger-federer-devoted-superfans-world-love-everywhere

For Roger Federer and his devoted superfans, love is everywhere

Yes, anutam, that's it. Ian Chadban got my information from Colleen, and we skyped for about an hour. He seemed like a great guy who "gets" why Roger, and his tennis, is so special to so many fans. Not exactly the article I was expecting...but nice enough nonetheless.
Vinnie
Vinnie

Back to top Go down

Post by Márcia Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:40 pm

avasbar Wink Gif at the beginning the name was meant to be "LoveRFBox", as it was created at facebook. I did not send a message at that time, but it was a Love Box, yes. Now the name changed...

I loved the article, as I (and we all) felt myself part of this bench of Roger's lovers. I felt the same when I met him at Halle (I say met because at Halle he could take the time to stop and chat with us, shake our hands...), an emotion, something unique! And I'll do everything possible to go again watch him play, if not this year next year, this is for sure. Very Happy
Márcia
Márcia

Back to top Go down

Post by cornnn92 Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:04 pm

Márciaf wrote:avasbar Wink Gif at the beginning the name was meant to be "LoveRFBox", as it was created at facebook. I did not send a message at that time, but it was a Love Box, yes. Now the name changed...

Not only the name! Anyone interested can check out the "Dubai RE and beyond" thread for more details!
cornnn92
cornnn92

Back to top Go down

Post by Márcia Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:50 pm

^^^
I went see, Corinne. GREAT!!!!!! You (all of you who worked in the project) really did a great job!
Márcia
Márcia

Back to top Go down

Post by StrongerThanAll Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:55 am

The article about the box is amazing!!!!! Only thing that could have possibly made it better is if this forum somehow got mentioned. Smile
StrongerThanAll
StrongerThanAll

Back to top Go down

Normal I made it clear that the sudden loss of the old rd.com forum was devastating.`

Post by Vinnie Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:13 am

StrongerThanAll wrote:The article about the box is amazing!!!!!  Only thing that could have possibly made it better is if this forum somehow got mentioned.  Smile

You are right! I told him that hundreds/thousands of long time, die-hard fans were disconnected when the rf.com forum vanished last year. I thought for sure he would put that in the article. I was surprised about what he did say, as we barely talked about me or my life circumstances. But I did see another tweet confirming that the RF team is working on replacing the old forum somehow.

By the time the French Open & SW19 roll around, I would not be surprised if all former members of rf.com who miss the forum have found this place already. I like this site more and more...just need a few others to join up.
Vinnie
Vinnie

Back to top Go down

Post by norinchi Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:30 pm

Marianne Bevis on Twitter.

I asked, @rogerfederer reassured: "The injury is fine now... since Thursday I've been practising full out & it's going well" @DDFTennis

RF Tennis News 2017 - Page 8 C5l_TMSXQAAObwM
norinchi
norinchi

Back to top Go down

Post by Rufus1 Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:33 pm

Tweet from Reem Abulleil (@Sport360°) about playing clay events this year:

Rufus1

Back to top Go down

Post by Rufus1 Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:51 pm

Further articles based on media day.

audio:  http://www.dubaidutyfreetennischampionships.com/~/media/dubai/upload/2017-audio/2017-wta-26-february-interview-federer.ashx?la=en

Reem Abulleil for Sports 360:  'I'm not favourite in Dubai' - Federer http://sport360.com/article/tennis/dubai_duty_free_championships/224539/dubai-duty-free-tennis-roger-federer-doesnt-consider-himself-favourite-to-win-title-again-at-aviation-club/

Kevin Mitchell for The Guardian:  Roger Federer rejuvenated and ready to write his latest script in Dubai  https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2017/feb/26/roger-federer-andy-murray-dubai-championship?

Marianne Bevis for TheSportReview:  Roger Federer: Yin and yang and daring to dream  http://www.thesportreview.com/tsr/2017/02/roger-federer-yin-and-yang-and-daring-to-dream/  (Note:  She has Roger living in Geneva now???  news to me!!)

ESPN:  Roger Federer: I couldn't possibly just give it all up
 (based on a Barry Flatman story from The Sunday Times which I do not have a subscription to, NOT, I believe, media day)  http://www.espn.co.uk/tennis/story/_/id/18770224/roger-federer-keen-play-number-years

Rufus1

Back to top Go down

Post by ph∞be Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:12 pm

rufus- thank you so much for all this compiling you are doing. Makes me wonder if you are "mountains" in disguise!
ph∞be
ph∞be

Back to top Go down

Post by vrazkar Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:38 pm

pheebe wrote:...Makes me wonder if you are "mountains" in disguise!
Yeah my thoughts exactly!
vrazkar
vrazkar

Back to top Go down

Post by Márcia Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:10 am

vrazkar wrote:
pheebe wrote:...Makes me wonder if you are "mountains" in disguise!
Yeah my thoughts exactly!
Since yesterday I am having the same suspicion. Wink Gif
Márcia
Márcia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 39 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 23 ... 39  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum