Roger Federer Forum
Only members can read the topics or post on this forum.

Please login or register as a new member. It's free... and may you find some old friends!
Roger Federer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RF Tennis News 2017

+46
forummember
oldlady
striker
Kop8zky
federerworshipper
skumars
Indybeck71
Márcia
Cromar
Matarsakolito
Lucycanada
InspiredTennis
FedFFL
Sparkle
Federite
MaxUS
UES
angellT
cappucc19o
vrazkar
StrongerThanAll
anutam
fedled
Rufus1
Marcizio14
michelle88
oldfan
tvradke
RMGuillot
Loti
schneewitchen
Katarina_YYZ
avasbar
RogerNo.1
ph∞be
LaRubia
Vinnie
cornnn92
cat29
norinchi
Sherl
wcr
Aprilp20n
mariah1
Steerpike60
Lil_Jay
50 posters

Page 32 of 39 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 35 ... 39  Next

Go down

Normal Re: RF Tennis News 2017

Post by RogerNo.1 Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:53 am

Steerpike60 wrote:
striker wrote:3out of 5 Experts on ESPN have picked Rafa as winner Laughing The other 2 pick Alex!!

First off. Mary Jo Fernandez NEVER picks Roger - she doesn't want to be accused of favoritism.  Probably the same for Evert to a certain extent.  Roger has the toughest draw, so I'm not surprised that the others didn't pick him.  Plus there is the unknown about his back.  And Zverev is an easy pick from the bottom half since he's the highest seed on that half.  It's a golden opportunity for him.  
Although I'm not a conspiracy theorist, it makes me wonder when I see a draw like this. Clearly Zverev is the Next Gen player of the moment and how convenient for him to be in the bottom half which, on paper, seems so much easer than the top half. I'm sure the tournament is banking on a Fedal SF followed by a final featuring Zverev, or if he fails, there's always the three top Americans, Isner, Sock and Querrey. How lucky for them that they will avoid the top two seeds until the final. 8)

RogerNo.1

Back to top Go down

Post by Steerpike60 Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:40 pm

RogerNo.19 wrote:
Although I'm not a conspiracy theorist, it makes me wonder when I see a draw like this. Clearly Zverev is the Next Gen player of the moment and how convenient for him to be in the bottom half which, on paper, seems so much easer than the top half. I'm sure the tournament is banking on a Fedal SF followed by a final featuring Zverev, or if he fails, there's always the three top Americans, Isner, Sock and Querrey. How lucky for them that they will avoid the top two seeds until the final.
I hate uneven draws but this whole thing could have been avoided if Murray had done the right thing.  I'm sure the tournament does hope for a Fed/Nadal SF now, but believe me... they would have preferred a Fed/Nadal F.  I'm sure the organizers were just as disappointed to see Roger and Rafa on the same side of the draw especially after Murray withdrew.
Steerpike60
Steerpike60

Back to top Go down

Post by striker Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:27 pm

>>Someone told me that Darrin Cahill criticized the Open on FB!!
striker
striker

Back to top Go down

Post by RogerNo.1 Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:59 pm

Steerpike60 wrote:
RogerNo.19 wrote:
Although I'm not a conspiracy theorist, it makes me wonder when I see a draw like this. Clearly Zverev is the Next Gen player of the moment and how convenient for him to be in the bottom half which, on paper, seems so much easer than the top half. I'm sure the tournament is banking on a Fedal SF followed by a final featuring Zverev, or if he fails, there's always the three top Americans, Isner, Sock and Querrey. How lucky for them that they will avoid the top two seeds until the final.
I hate uneven draws but this whole thing could have been avoided if Murray had done the right thing.  I'm sure the tournament does hope for a Fed/Nadal SF now, but believe me... they would have preferred a Fed/Nadal F.  I'm sure the organizers were just as disappointed to see Roger and Rafa on the same side of the draw especially after Murray withdrew.
Do you really think the USO would rather a Fedal final than a final with an American in it? I doubt it.
RogerNo.1
RogerNo.1

Back to top Go down

Post by Steerpike60 Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:40 pm

RogerNo.19 wrote:Do you really think the USO would rather a Fedal final than a final with an American in it? I doubt it.

100%.  Sure an American in the final would be fun, but they would take a Roger/Rafa final in a second!!
Steerpike60
Steerpike60

Back to top Go down

Post by Steerpike60 Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:41 pm

striker wrote:>>Someone told me that Darrin Cahill criticized the Open on FB!!

Criticized what? The draw? The draw rules?
Steerpike60
Steerpike60

Back to top Go down

Post by striker Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:25 pm

Steerpike60 wrote:
striker wrote:>>Someone told me that Darrin Cahill criticized the Open on FB!!

Criticized what?  The draw?  The draw rules?

>>The way it was handled after Andys withdrawal. Crazy rules. Roger should of ben no2.
striker
striker

Back to top Go down

Post by avasbar Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:37 pm

Well all we can hope is that the TennisGods have a Master Plan and that in the end all will work in his favour.  Just hope that 'the end' means this Tournament
avasbar
avasbar

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:40 pm

This is the Cahill tweet sequence referred to by Striker...

Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:58 pm

Even Nadal HIMSELF said that he find the timing of Murray's announcement a bit "strange"...

Back to top Go down

Post by Rufus1 Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:45 pm

In some thread or other there was commentary about the difference between Rafa and Roger and their pressers and approaches etc.

Kevin Mitchell, for the Guardian did that based on their round 1 matches and pressers.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2017/aug/30/us-open-roger-federer-rafael-nadal-first-round

Title:   US Open: Mixed emotions for the Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal roadshow

Swiss No3 seed happy despite taking five sets against an American teenager while Spain’s French Open champion is annoyed despite a much easier ride.
As far as Rafa's comments about Andy he was asked about it directly in the presser.  Roger was not asked.

Rufus1

Back to top Go down

Post by Márcia Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:20 pm

^^^
I love when the journalists point out all the miserable and envious thoughts of Nadal: "no one is paying attention of all the pain he suffered in his career". Hee hee
Márcia
Márcia

Back to top Go down

Post by Rufus1 Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:56 pm

Roger hit on the courts of Central Park today!!

Both Wertheim and Roger tweeted about it!!

The SI article

https://www.si.com/tennis/2017/08/30/roger-federer-practicing-central-park-us-open

Title:  Roger Federer Surprises New Yorkers By Practicing At Central Park Courts
Author:  Chris Chavez

A little info

It seems as though Federer did not make the trip out to Flushing Meadows on Wednesday for practice, instead choosing to have a light hit on the courts in Central Park. But are the courts the same speed as the courts at the USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center? A USTA rep couldn't confirm the condition of the surface but did say that Federer called early on Wednesday morning to arrange a hitting session closer to his hotel in Manhattan. With the help of former ATP pro Eric Butorac and some extra security, Federer's unconventional practice session came to life at the Central Park tennis courts. It all made for an awesome experience for New Yorkers on Wednesday.

Rufus1

Back to top Go down

Post by Rufus1 Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:08 am

Roger further tweeted about it.  I am looking at the lack of swarms of people around his practise and think how refreshing and relaxing that must be for him.  Practise completed but without the fishbowl.

Rufus1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:16 pm

http://video.eurosport.fr/tennis/us-open/2017/video-l-oeil-de-mouratoglou-c-est-difficile-d-imaginer-que-federer-est-a-100-de-ses-capacites_vid1000361/video.shtml

"For our consultant, the Swiss champion has not completely recovered from his back problem if we looks at his statistics at the service, and the way he was moving on the court." Rolling Eyes

Huge pressure for us, tonight...

Back to top Go down

Post by Márcia Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:39 pm

^^^
He never said he was 100%, but that he hoped his back would heal from match to match. That's what I understood. Let's hope.
Márcia
Márcia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 39 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 35 ... 39  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum