Roger Federer Forum
Only members can read the topics or post on this forum.

Please login or register as a new member. It's free... and may you find some old friends!
Roger Federer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Match in Africa 6, Cape Town - Feb. 7, 2020

+9
Marly 103-20
Rosaline
federerworshipper
fedled
norinchi
Steerpike60
Márcia
fraline
HeartoftheMatter
13 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

The Match in Africa 6, Cape Town - Feb. 7, 2020 - Page 6 Empty Re: The Match in Africa 6, Cape Town - Feb. 7, 2020

Post by HeartoftheMatter Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:36 pm

It is really good to have this insight from Mr. Godsick. How big an even this was and how much it meant to Roger is amazing, and how he felt "obliged" to bring the "Federer tennis", his top-notch take-your-breath away and the "I can't believe that shot" kind of tennis that only he can generate in his inimitable style. 
  To hear how Roger will want to play on is also meaningful to those who were concerned about this break in tennis because of the pandemic.
 Thank you Mr. Godsick, and Go Roger! Go Fight

HeartoftheMatter

Back to top Go down

The Match in Africa 6, Cape Town - Feb. 7, 2020 - Page 6 Empty Re: The Match in Africa 6, Cape Town - Feb. 7, 2020

Post by HeartoftheMatter Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:46 pm

RE the Koenig comment on the AO final, in which he says that Djokovic defines himself by others. I am not sure if that is true. To me it sounded as if he made himself superior when he said that 'he hoped he had made them better.....[rather than they have made me better]
 Is he not making himself superior, and implying that it is his tennis which makes Roger and Nadal better? An odd statement because Roger has been great when Djokovic was struggling. So it is as though Djokovic is the be-all of tennis. So he has benefited less from these champions, and instead, he hopes that he has left an impessin that has made them improve their game. A reversal of the situation, I would say. But then he just can't help it.....Move over, everyone.

HeartoftheMatter

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosaline Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:57 pm

As I understand it, Koenig is a passionate ND fan, so much so that at times Koenig will irritatingly talk rapturously about ND even during matches that don't contain ND.

Rosaline

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum