Roger Federer Forum
Only members can read the topics or post on this forum.

Please login or register as a new member. It's free... and may you find some old friends!
Roger Federer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2020 General Tennis News

+4
fedled
HeartoftheMatter
Márcia
Cromar
8 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Normal Djokovic/Pospisil Announce new PTPA Association

Post by Cromar Sun Aug 30, 2020 4:56 am

The Professionnal Tennis World Torn Apart...

As if there was not enough turmoil in this world at present, Djokokic resigned as head of the ATP's Player Council, along with Pospisil, then made the following announcement today... a mess!  Surprised face

Soon after, Vasek clarified:

Earlier, both Roger and Nadal had tweeted that they felt it wasn't the right time for such action:

Some other comments:

Andy Murray, long an outspoken supporter of women’s tennis, said he did not plan on signing onto the new association today. He is not completely against the new association but feel that the current management should be given some time to implement their vision.

Also, citing the exclusion of women as a concern, he said: “I feel like that would send a much more powerful message, personally, if the WTA were on board with it as well. That’s not currently the case. If those things changed in the future, it’s something that I would certainly, certainly consider.”

Dan Evans' take on the proposed association: 'I do know the reasoning. I think now is probably horrible timing to be talking about that sort of thing. For what it’s worth I think the ATP do a great job for us. I won’t be signing whatever it is, the sheet of paper, they want.'

Medvedev: 'I decided for myself to think more about it after US Open. I'll definitely ask more information to Vasek & Novak to decide for myself. I need some time. That's all I can say right now because I cannot say more. I don't know which way I'm leaning, but I need more info'.

Jon Wertheim @jon_wertheim: Lot of questions about the vote; but so many unanswerables right now. If the PTPA includes female PTP's and goes after the majors for more $, that's great. And overdue. If this is scorched earth and blows up @atptour without much plan beyond a three-page PDF, that's not great...

More thoughts:
a) I'm not sure two sides are all that far off
b) age-old question: can you make change from within; or do you have to smash the system?
c) a pre-req for a union is an employer. The big-and thus far unanswered-question: who's the employer if @atptour collapses?

Stephanie Myles (@OpenCourt): Chalk up another Player Council member for the renegade side as I'm hearing Sam Querrey has signed the PTPA document - and resigned from the Player Council.

Cromar

Back to top Go down

Normal Djokovic Creates new PTPA Association

Post by Cromar Sun Aug 30, 2020 6:06 am

Djokovic and Other Top Men Are Creating a Players’ Association

It is not clear whether the group will operate like a union, although it was billed that way to get players to join. Women are not being included.

2020 General Tennis News - Page 3 Merlin_176304999_a812aebe-4a1f-438a-85db-586d0e9e0ed2-jumbo
Novak Djokovic resigned his position as the president of the ATP player council.Credit...Matthew Stockman/Getty Images

By Ben Rothenberg | The New York Times

Aug. 28, 2020

Frustrated by what they view as a lack of leverage in men’s tennis, Novak Djokovic and Vasek Pospisil are forming a breakaway body to represent the interests of male players outside of the current structure of the Association of Tennis Professionals, and have resigned their leadership roles in the association’s player council.

Pospisil, a Canadian ranked No. 92 in singles, announced his resignation on Twitter on Friday night, saying that within the men’s tour’s current structure, “it is very difficult, if not impossible, to have any significant impact on any major decisions made by our tour.”

Djokovic, the top-ranked men’s player and the president of the player council, and John Isner, the highest-ranked American man, also resigned their positions, according to three people familiar with their decisions. The people spoke on condition of anonymity because the resignations had not been made public.

On Saturday, Djokovic won the Western & Southern Open, which is being held in Queens at the same site as the United States Open, beating Milos Raonic, 1-6, 6-3, 6-4, to improve to 23-0 this season.

While Djokovic’s on-court dominance is obvious, many details about his group remain vague beyond its name — the Professional Tennis Players Association — and its intention to represent men’s singles players in the top 500 and doubles players in the top 200.

It is not clear, for example, if the group would attempt to bargain collectively like players’ unions in other professional sports. Unlike athletes in the N.F.L., Major League Baseball and the N.B.A., among other leagues, tennis players are independent contractors.

But it is clear that the ATP and other leaders in the sport see the upstart effort as a threat, and its leaders have urged players not to support it.

On Saturday, both the men’s and women’s tours, along with the four Grand Slam tournaments and the International Tennis Federation, released a joint statement backing the ATP and supporting “its role in representing the best interests of players throughout this process.”

“It is a time for even greater collaboration, not division; a time to consider and act in the best interests of the sport, now and for the future,” the leaders added in the statement. “When we work together, we are a stronger sport.”

Djokovic and Pospisil detailed their plans in a document they distributed to other players, which was obtained by The New York Times. The ATP, founded 30 years ago, represents players and tournaments jointly, with both sides having seats on the governing board for decisions.

“The goal of the P.T.P.A. is not to replace the ATP, but to provide players with a self-governance structure that is independent from the ATP and is directly responsive to player-members’ needs and concerns,” Pospisil and Djokovic said in the document, which solicited sign-ups from other top players on the tour.

Djokovic does not have the support of the two biggest stars in men’s tennis, Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal. Along with four other members of the ATP player council, Federer and Nadal wrote a letter urging other players them not to sign up for the new association, citing a need for caution and calling out vagaries in the P.T.P.A. messaging.

“It undermines our new management’s ability to achieve their vision for the sport,” their letter read. “A new Player Association cannot co-exist with the ATP.”

The letter from Federer, Nadal, and others asked questions they believed had gone unanswered by the P.T.P.A. proponents, including: “What happens if tournaments go against us?”; “What is the contingency plan to protect us if this goes ahead and badly?”; “Who is taking responsibility for any fallout both with our careers, income and negativity?”

In their document, Djokovic and Pospisil listed revenue sharing, disciplinary actions, player pensions, travel, insurance and amenities at tournaments as issues the new association would attempt to address.

In a message to players this week, Pospisil said players in the new association would meet Saturday night and “take a group photo to document the historic moment.” He said the group would have “essentially the same function as a union” but with more legal flexibility.

2020 General Tennis News - Page 3 EgoDsYmWAAMKFjX?format=jpg&name=large

Djokovic and Pospisil have appointed themselves “initial co-presidents” of the association, serving a term of two years. The organization plans to be governed by an elected board of up to nine people.

“There will be a lot of work building and perfecting the operations of this association, but this is the first and most pivotal step that we must take,” Pospisil wrote in his message to players.

Andrea Gaudenzi, the ATP chairman, urged players in a letter that was obtained by The Times “not to take lightly” the ramifications of starting a new association while acknowledging that “no organizational structure is perfect.”

Gaudenzi framed the formation of a competing player organization as an existential threat to the ATP, and said the group should not expect to be recognized by the tournaments. He argued that the action could threaten the power players already have within the sport.

“You have what other athletes in other sports would strive for — a seat at the boardroom table. That is what players fought for in the creation of the ATP Tour,” Gaudenzi said. “It makes no sense why you would be better served by shifting your role from the inside to the outside of the governance structure.”

Walied Soliman, a partner and chairman of Norton Rose Fulbright Canada, with whom Pospisil and Djokovic have been consulting, blasted the responses from governing bodies as “pure thuggery.”

“Those in positions of trust need to humble themselves and sit down with the players,” Soliman said. “Instead of sending out missives, have proper dialogues to understand where the frustration comes from.”

One glaring absence from the plan is the inclusion of women’s players in the formation of the group.

Pospisil had spoken eagerly last year about working together with female players. The idea appeared to gain steam as Pospisil led a large group, including Sloane Stephens and others, to urge the Grand Slam tournaments to commit more money to athletes. The tournaments did not engage.

Yet as leaders of the men’s and women’s tours expressed in the spring that it might be mutually beneficial to merge the tours — especially in light of the financial troubles brought on by the coronavirus pandemic — many men’s players reacted negatively to that prospect and some said that women’s players did not deserve to make as much money as the men.

Andy Murray, long an outspoken supporter of women’s tennis, said he did not plan on signing onto the new association, citing the exclusion of women as a concern. “I feel like that would send a much more powerful message, personally, if the WTA were on board with it as well,” Murray said. “That’s not currently the case. If those things changed in the future, it’s something that I would certainly, certainly consider.”

Kim Clijsters, a four-time Grand Slam champion and former member of the WTA player council, said she would “love to talk to Novak” to better understand the frustrations of his group, though she expressed contentment with WTA governance.

“I do think that our tour has been very well run over the years,” Clijsters said. “I feel they definitely listen. There was communication, good communication. Can it be better? Of course, it can always be better. Can you please everybody at the same time? No, that’s never going to happen.”

Soliman said the association hoped “in very short order” that women would have “an active and equal involvement, as it should be.”

“There is an active dialogue going on with leaders within women’s tennis,” he said. “Women’s tennis, unlike other sports, is equally as important as men’s tennis. There’s a clear recognition of that.”

Gaudenzi closed his plea to players by asking for unity.

“We should not forget that, as an entertainment product, our competition for audiences and long-term growth is with other sports and forms of entertainment,” he wrote. “Our battle is not with each other. Now, more than ever, is the time for unity and collaboration.”

Christopher Clarey contributed reporting.

Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Normal Re: 2020 General Tennis News

Post by Rosaline Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:23 pm

Really not too sure about this union idea. I saw something somewhere yesterday that indicated the USA would not allow a union for tennis players - I forget why. There is an article in New York Times on this Union issue. I would myself listen to Roger and Rafa. I never quite trust ND to be sensible, sorry to say, and I wonder exactly why he is doing this. We know he worked to get Kermode kicked out of ATP committee and I thought he had then got the replacement person he wanted but there was some controversy over that person and now I see there's someone else again. Is the issue that ND and the "new man" can't get on? And as Andy M says, what about the ladies. Last I heard, there was the idea to link ATP and WTA. What has happened to that? 

Why is ND not including ladies? Did he discuss this with the ladies and perhaps they rejected it? Or did he not mention it to them? 

Re the matter of income for the very low ranked players, am I right that ND's union is only for the top 250 ranked players? If yes, what about the lower ranked players as they are the ones who are really suffering. 

It is though a problem when there are hundreds of men and women who want to play on the tours and hope they might "achieve". The ATP and WTA can't be expected to support every single person who wants to make tennis his career. Some will fall by the wayside or if they are wise, have a second career as well.

Rosaline

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosaline Sun Aug 30, 2020 12:37 pm

Yesterday I came across this long article
The carnival and the pros in tennis by Javier Palenque
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/carnival-pros-tennis-javier-palenque-3-minute-read-javier-palenque

First time I've seen this. I haven't read it closely but get the impression it's what ND and Pospisil may be going on about re their union?

Well, I still stay with Roger and Rafa. They are sensible, mature people. And as has been asked, if this union does threaten the ATP and the ATP folds, who will run the men's game then? It will be an unholy mess for a while. We had enough trouble when open tennis commenced, ,some years of havoc as the best players joined rival " tours" and some of them were then banned from playing the Majors - which infuriated some of us fans. It wasn't until the ATP got control with their Tour and players finally settled with them that tennis became really enjoyable again as we could actually see our favourites at eg Wimvledoin rather than finding only some of them could play and others we never saw at all as their "Tours" were eg only in the USA. With no internet then, we had no way of watching our favourites unless live somewhere or if they were ever shown on British TV for some reason.

Rosaline

Back to top Go down

Post by striker Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:21 pm

^^
Im probably in the minority BUT Ive come to believe what "NOVAK WANTS NOVAK GETS"!!!
striker
striker

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosaline Sun Aug 30, 2020 7:56 pm

To Sriker. We'll find out in due course... It does depend why he wants it. Is it really to help low ranked players or because he has a secret agenda like wanting to take over (or destroy) the ATP or even that he himself wants to be in charge of the ATP?

Rosaline

Back to top Go down

Post by HeartoftheMatter Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:53 pm

Rosaline and striker, I am surprised that after the Adria tour anyone would seriously consider Djokovic's new plan. What's this about pensions, and so on, if I saw rightly in what was just a glance at the proposed idea? A union like association would not help the merit based structure. 
   Anything done by Djokovic tends to have a whiff of his "emperor" longing, I think. He wants to be pre-eminent in all areas, and this is just another way of achieving it. It would be Djkovic World if has his way.
  But he should not have his way. Imagine that a vaccine comes along for covid-19 and he encourages people not to take advantage. He is the one who was diagnosed by a Serb doctor with the glutein problem by having to hold a slice of bread against his bare chest. But first the doctor tried to push his lifted right arm down, and could not do it. 
Then, when Djokovic held the slice of bread against his bare chest, he again had to extend his arm and the doctor could fairly easily push down his arm. That was the scientific test which launched him on his glutein free diet.
 All sorts of things can happen inside the kind of union he has in mind. Exert influence for any number of reasons, be it political, etc. or a change of the game or a change of how the ranking system works.
 It would be a big mistake to let him take this route to find his need for being known and his route to power. Some players obviously don't fathom this and he has rather won them over.
 Djokovic is all for Novak, and his country. Early on he tried to exert influence after a US Open when he called a press conference to complain that players other than the top players don't get enough attention, and things in that vein. There was only a glimpse of that shown, but he was showing his ambitions. He had just lost to Federer, and this was a ploy for attention. He gets attention now, and he takes the center courts now, just like other top players.
 He will really get his head--ie. encouraged or enboldened even more-- if he gets away with it. And Federer and Nadal are right in that the situations is too volatile worldwide to have such changes now, if ever, in this vein.

HeartoftheMatter

Rosaline likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by witchie49 Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:11 pm

I’m curious about the Union behaviors. If it came to pass, do you really think Djokovic would strike? How would his sponsorship be affected? Plus he doesn’t want women to have equal pay. I know that’s controversial on this forum, but says a lot about Nole. He has more money than he could ever spend, like Roger and Rafa. My 2 cents.
witchie49
witchie49

HeartoftheMatter likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HeartoftheMatter Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:14 pm

Javier Palenque, as per the above cited article (thank you for that) is selling his own consulting company. He reduced to tour to the kind that actually we all could reduce it to, by "buyers"  and "performers" and the whole carnival aspect, the ATP and the grand slams being major stops on the "carnival tour" and that the players are kept in the dark about how the whole thing works.
 Any venture, business, sport display of any kind can be reduced to such an analysis, and even medicine, of course. It does fall short of a full accounting. The tennis tournaments are also about bringing tennis players along and nurturing new players by providing appropriate venues for them to play This affects the Olympics, top, for some time.
 The attitude displayed is an aggressive one. Players have to have Palenquine's information so they can drive a hard bargain for their services and get a bigger share of the pie. This has been ongoing, I believe.
 How can players be playes if on top of other things they will have to worry about things like pushing the tennis venues and the organizations for more money, and other things. It makes sense to increase players' income, which happens on a periodic increase. However, tennis is not like a reallyh major sport such as soccer, or football and baseball and basketball in the US.
 And what the benefit to the game all this means is left out. Yes. players want more and deserve more, especially those nearer the bottom. Other considerations could come into play, such as support of some kind during injury for those who need it.
 It seems to me that those coming from countries that were originallhy not market drive may make some playes like the idea outlined by the market managers. It is not as promising as it seems. Tennis needs more nurturing in this climate of economies on the slide.
 Besides, the image of tennis is important also. That does not mean players should play for free, but also it does not mean that there should be a constant enmity between players and organizers and venue holders.
 It's best to hold on to what is there as there is no grand promise anyway of a hugely increasing market. Keep the sport alive and don't push it toward some kind of dissolution over union strikes or similar things or bad blood betwwen the different interests.

HeartoftheMatter

Back to top Go down

Post by federerworshipper Wed Sep 02, 2020 8:39 pm

Well Djoker is so deeply frustrated by Fed and Nadal's popularity.He now has a chance to become a chieftain at the US Open while his two tormentors are away. May be he thinks they are not coming back. May be he plans to rule Serbia in the near future. IMO he is doing this to feeds his own sick ego and all his actions are self serving. 

While Roger shared an idea on line a while back of uniting men and women players. Djoker not only is against it but also is working on dividing the male players, at such historically difficult times all over the globe. I think this is going to make him more unpopular.
federerworshipper
federerworshipper

Rosaline likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:23 pm

Stan and Magnus part ways! (again) Oh My!

This time it sounds like it may be definitive though, but just before RG?!  Wink Gif  

Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:38 am

Murray joins the ATP Player Council - Anderson as new President

Please to see Murray joining the Council - I thought for a while that he might side with Djokovic. Murray joins Nadal and Roger, as three of the Big 4 are now on the Council. Djokovic must start to feel pretty lonely in his corner!  

And Clapping Hands to Felix for getting involved - the youngest player of the group he represents (1-25 Singles), but very mature and should do well.

Andy Murray joins ATP Player Council

Murray, Felix Among Four New ATP Player Council Representatives

ATP Staff
Oct 12, 2020

Chardy, Millman also elected

The ATP has announced today that four new players have been elected to the ATP Player Council: Felix Auger-Aliassime (1-25 Singles), Jeremy Chardy (51-100 singles), John Millman (1-50 singles) and Andy Murray (At Large).

Auger-Aliassime, Chardy, Millman and Murray were elected by the existing members of the ATP Player Council to fill the roles vacated following the resignations of Novak Djokovic, John Isner, Vasek Pospisil and Sam Querrey prior to the US Open. They will begin their roles with immediate effect.

Auger-Aliassime, 20, is the youngest player in the Top 25 in the FedEx ATP Rankings at World No. 22.

Chardy, 33, is a French veteran who won an ATP Tour title at 2009 Stuttgart.

Millman, 31, has reached a career-high World No. 33 and made the 2018 US Open quarter-finals.

Murray, 33, is a former World No. 1 who has captured 46 tour-level singles titles.

Kevin Anderson, formerly the ATP Player Council’s Vice President, will serve as its President.

The current ATP Player Council is as follows:
1-50 Singles: Kevin Anderson (P), Felix Auger-Aliassime, John Millman, Rafael Nadal
51-100 Singles: Jeremy Chardy, Yen-Hsun Lu
1-100 Doubles: Jurgen Melzer, Bruno Soares
At Large: Roger Federer, Andy Murray
Alumni Representative: Colin Dowdeswell
Coach Representative: Brad Stine
Cromar
Cromar

slaie_thuin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Normal After September comes October: tennis in 2020

Post by HeartoftheMatter Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:10 am

federerworshipper wrote:Well Djoker is so deeply frustrated by Fed and Nadal's popularity.He now has a chance to become a chieftain at the US Open while his two tormentors are away. May be he thinks they are not coming back. May be he plans to rule Serbia in the near future. IMO he is doing this to feeds his own sick ego and all his actions are self serving. 

While Roger shared an idea on line a while back of uniting men and women players. Djoker not only is against it but also is working on dividing the male players, at such historically difficult times all over the globe. I think this is going to make him more unpopular.
Hello,, federworshipper. I came back to your post because of the new player council members, and the fact that Djokovic had resigned. I have thought about ND, and it requires special consideration for me to be objective. I don't think he has a sick ago, despite my comments off and on. When I consider where he grew up and the history of that part of Europe, and for that fact, some other parts of Europe, it is not surprising. He is intelligent enough but he is held back and can't get beyond what history with its wars and inequalities not just in society but among the nations an changing status and insecurity over time has affected the thinking in many countries. Then, he grew up in a family environment that may have held on to some extreme views regarding naitonalism as well as resentment toward others powers in Europe. It is easy to understand if one onsiders the centuries and the events that took place. Perhaps they take it further than others, although in my own native land too there are problems and issues that stemmed from ward, devastationsm fight for freedom, and the overwhelmingly downtrodden status of many in society, i.e such as peasants, Then there are the losses of WWI. to be followed by WWII, which of course meant no Marshall Plan for my country, even though they did not start this whole white Aryan idea at all. Still there are people who have come to be curiously uninformed yet stubborn in their opinions. That is a strong influence, and a deep challenge for someone growing up within such mindsets to form an informed judgment of their own. As a person who defends my native land when ill-informed sources speak only of its shortcomings and fail to appreciate the very serious wounds inflicted against on the country or realize the role it played in Europe's history I know that it is a powerful puil. This kind of feeling is probably magnified in some other countries and there are not enough counterbalancing forces. Not that it has no grievances, but by now a new outlook also should have been formed rather than castigating other countries or governments. It is a sign of a hostile attitude, which on the surface appears friendly but at bottom it holds a reserve of resentment,
This is Djokovic's world. He had been influenced by Western thoght but originially only from the home groups and their values. He has learned of course, but is surprisingly resistant to look at his own ideation, attitudes and expectations. That could help him to see that he created the situation he is in by himself. Too much idolatry from fellow countrymanm the whole of Serbia, in perhaps a somewhat slavish style. Then he and circle created a kind of marketing/branding movement for him, and it was set up so he could rival Federer, and overcome him even. He had overestimate this whole marketing idea and had been aggressive and arrogant in many ways while he pursued his goals, which were centered not just on winning but also on displacing Federer to a great extent. That is why he is hurting, that this behaviour did not garner him what he had expected, but rather a bit of the opposite of the love and greatness, alhtough it is there, but he wanted more recognition in all areas and therefore it is not enough for him. And he thinks it is because he is from where he is, His family and country also thinks the same. He is a victim, and I am sure he still sees himself as one in a part of his soul. He could be a great influence in his country to instill a different sense of pride and goodwill, without that resentment so close to the surface.
It is not easy to do, as I have seen in my birthplace too, but there the influences have been present all along. So the outlook had been tempered, and also found strength from a long existence in Europe as an organized kingdom which gives the kind of exisential reassurance that individuals as well as peoples need.
I wrote in too roundabout a way and am too tired to revise and pare it down. I wish ND could review, take a comprehensive look at the forces that affected his people, and realize that they had not come out with a total loss. And there is pride of place in this area of tennis too that ND confers on them.
Not that he would have to do anything radical.The realization that in their haste some strivings and feelings about tennis and other players might have not been handled the right way, and that caused the problem. It has nothing to do with his origin. It is down to misplaced expectations and the behaviors that had wrought.
As I write this I realize that as much as had disapproved of many things about him, at the same time I must have also seen a touch of the characteristics of that part of the world, meaning central eastern Europe, and not the Balkans. Differing yet in some ways marked by history's vicissitudes. People there have been roughly shoved together for many many centuries, and while they are all different, some commonalities also show that history has had influenced all of them in that particular geography and life sphere.
He has to stop eating himself and instead open his mind, consider other people's situations and remind himself that despite his dissatisfaction he has done extremely well, and like others accomplished it on his own. He needs to develop a modicum of empathy for others. There is no reason he won't be liked, But he also needs the larger outlook also included in his makeup. Liking does not depend on rank, or dues fas a kind of booty of victory. or from persuasion. Ir he lets it, then it come him when he has found that bigger world.

HeartoftheMatter

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosaline Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:45 pm

There are indeed issues for Serbs as for eg Montenegrins, and all the others in the Balkans, due to centuries of "history". I'd rather not go into what I know of it just now as it's nearly supper time as I come to see this message above but indeed there ae some reasons why someone there will say something we might find strange but they have reasons due to their history. 

I'll look at this again tomorrow and see if I can add anything useful when I've reread the post just above. There's no question though that we all have to understand aspects of history before we can always know why someone else is saying something that seems odd to us initially. But on top of that there are for example ND's own personal views on things, or Roger's or Rafa's, or anyone's that may not be affected by some historical issues. It's a case of sifting between the two?

Rosaline

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:14 am

BIG NEWS: 'Tennis Channel' to become the Master of Tennis (in the U.S.)

Note that this new broadcast deal will not affect 'Tennis TV' live streaming of ATP matches, as Tennis Channel has acquired the 'exclusivity' on TV broadcast rights, but not on digital rights.

From Stephanie Myles on OpenCourt:

"Tennis Channel is now the home for almost all tennis in the U.S. after a new deal announced Tuesday."

Tennis Channel the place to be

"So, to sum up, ESPN continues to hold the rights to the Australian Open, Wimbledon and the US Open. And that’s it. (Even with those, it cooperates with Tennis Channel).

Tennis Channel has most of the rights to Roland Garros, with NBC holding some (mostly on weekends).

Beginning in January, the American home of tennis will basically have everything else."

Read the full article on OpenCourt for interesting details about the WTA and ATP TV coverage in the U.S. (and, by extension, in the other countries that broadcast their coverage).
Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by HeartoftheMatter Wed Oct 14, 2020 6:02 pm

s Is this good news? Will it mean more costs for peope, suchs as buying a subsription? That can't be, I think.

HeartoftheMatter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum