Roger Federer Forum
Only members can read the topics or post on this forum.

Please login or register as a new member. It's free... and may you find some old friends!
Roger Federer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2021-2022 General Tennis News

+6
striker
Cheadlebeagle
Márcia
Cromar
HeartoftheMatter
wcr
10 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

2021-2022 General Tennis News Empty 2021-2022 General Tennis News

Post by wcr Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:17 pm

Del Potro Honours Late Father With Emotional Letter

Jan 13 2021
Marcos Zugasti - ATP Tour

Argentine's father passed away on Monday

Daniel del Potro, the father of Juan Martin del Potro, passed away on Monday at the age of 63. A veterinarian by profession, he had undergone a heart operation in mid-December and his health had been fragile from that moment on.

Del Potro senior always kept a low profile and accompanied his son from an early age as he competed in all sorts of national tournaments across Argentina during his junior days, until Juan Martin began to take his own first steps on the ATP Tour. 

Usually very reserved, the former World No. 3 gave him an emotional sendoff on Tuesday with a letter shared on social media. “You’ve left us here with a broken heart, but we know that you are resting in peace like you deserve," Juan Martin wrote. "Now you have joined your other angel, and I ask that you please watch over my mom, my sister and me from above.

"You are our true and only champion. Thank you for raising me with values, with honesty, with sacrifice and for doing the impossible for me to be able to achieve my dream of being a tennis player. I don’t know how I’ll live without your presence, but I’ll definitely apply everything that you taught me to never give up. I love you pa!!” he wrote.

Condolences have been poured in for Del Potro from friends, fans and around the tennis world.

2021-2022 General Tennis News Sport-preview-del-potro
wcr
wcr

Back to top Go down

2021-2022 General Tennis News Empty News 2021

Post by HeartoftheMatter Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:16 am

So sad losing people so close, so part of one's life.
Looking at the picture of young Delpo with his father, the care, love and concern are on his father's face. A wonderful man to have that whole aura around him. How good for a young boy to have that support and responsibility and love around him.

HeartoftheMatter

slaie_thuin likes this post

Back to top Go down

2021-2022 General Tennis News Empty ATP 2021-22 Player Council

Post by Cromar Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:34 pm

Roger has been re-elected to the 2021-22 Players Council. Does this means that he is going to stick around for a while longer!  Wink Gif  Hee hee  

Though Novak Djokovic and Vasek Pospisil were nominated by their peers, they could not run for re-election due to their involvement with the Professional Tennis Players Association (PTPA).

Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

2021-2022 General Tennis News Empty Re: 2021-2022 General Tennis News

Post by HeartoftheMatter Thu Feb 04, 2021 4:11 am

I haven't noticed this before. Good news, that Roger is in there, but I did not know that the Professional Tennis Players Association exists. Unless I confused things, wasn't that something that Djokovic brought up and wanted to bring about? And had elements of security, etc. for players, and Shapovalov and the American Querry were set to join him?  I never realized that it actually came about. I saw it as something proposed but not carried through. So then the Players' Council goes on as before?
 It is very good that Roger is on it again. Some thinking beyond pushiness is needed. 
 And who is going to be a sight for sore eyes? Roger Wizard Group hug Slapping Penguin Dancing Penguin

HeartoftheMatter

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Sat Mar 13, 2021 3:55 am

While some players were training hard to get back to competition, others were busy with new arrivals! Crybaby

Congratualtions to Andy Murray and his wife Kim as they just welcomed their fourth child! Clapping Hands Here goes yet another of Roger's record! Hee hee  

Andy and Kim, who have been married for six years, already have two daughters, five-year-old Sophia and three-year-old Edie, and a one-year-old son Teddy. It is not yet known if the new arrival is a baby brother or sister.

As a result, Andy has withdrawn from Dubai, but is expected to get a wild card and travel to Miami later this month.

Meanwhile, Alexander Zverev has become the newest dad on the Tour. Daughter Mayla was born Thursday in Germany. But that didn't stop Zverev from travelling Wink Gif

Picture of the new baby was posted on Instagram by his (ex-?)girlfriend Brenda Patea:   instagram.com/p/CMUMhpzgqCt

Sasha Zverev, with his brother Misha, arriving in Acapulco for the Abierto Mexicano on Thursday.
Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

2021-2022 General Tennis News Empty Zverev baby

Post by HeartoftheMatter Sat Mar 13, 2021 2:18 pm

Zverev has a child from an ex?  Bless the baby.

HeartoftheMatter

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:53 pm

Yah! A bit of a messy story. Here is an article providing some kind of a summary of the situation:

https://au.sports.yahoo.com/tennis-alexander-zverev-ex-girlfriend-brenda-patea-gives-birth-040222905.html
Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by HeartoftheMatter Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:04 pm

The "boys" off court are making more news. There was Thiem and his romance... and now Zverev, going beyond romance, apparently. It is a little unfortunate when private lives start to dominate the tennis life. Or maybe this news is just a bit of flash. That's how it was with Wawrinka, luckily.
 In other aspects of competition, looking over the men's singles results and trends, it occurred to me that the younger generation/s are vying with each other, to see who emerges from that pile. Absent are Djokovic, Federer, and Nadal, so they are not a challenge at this time. Interesting situation: ATP highlights the amazing shots and gets of all of them. A bit of a free play at this point.

HeartoftheMatter

Back to top Go down

Post by wcr Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:44 pm

Cromar wrote:Yah! A bit of a messy story. Here is an article providing some kind of a summary of the situation:

https://au.sports.yahoo.com/tennis-alexander-zverev-ex-girlfriend-brenda-patea-gives-birth-040222905.html

Taylor Fritz married his girlfriend because he got her pregnant. His father none too happy about it. So much invested by Fritz and Zverev families.

These guys too young/cavalier to appreciate their gifts and how they must be protected. Tomorrow is promised to no one.

Roger always too good care of his immense talent. Wise man.
wcr
wcr

slaie_thuin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by wcr Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:46 pm

HeartoftheMatter wrote:The "boys" off court are making more news. There was Thiem and his romance... and now Zverev, going beyond romance, apparently. It is a little unfortunate when private lives start to dominate the tennis life. Or maybe this news is just a bit of flash. That's how it was with Wawrinka, luckily.
 In other aspects of competition, looking over the men's singles results and trends, it occurred to me that the younger generation/s are vying with each other, to see who emerges from that pile. Absent are Djokovic, Federer, and Nadal, so they are not a challenge at this time. Interesting situation: ATP highlights the amazing shots and gets of all of them. A bit of a free play at this point.
Social media today is a much greater distraction than for Roger the first 5+ years of his career.
wcr
wcr

Back to top Go down

Post by Márcia Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:53 pm

I don't know if it was told here: Paire is out of the Olympics Games, decision of the French Federation after his comments at Monte Carlo.
Márcia
Márcia

HeartoftheMatter likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by wcr Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:18 pm

^^^ What did Paire say in Monte Carlo? 

Found the article. Never been a fan of Paire. The beard doesn't help.
wcr
wcr

Back to top Go down

Post by Márcia Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:20 am

He said he hated Monte Carlo, that the tournament was a graveyard, that he was absolutely not interested if people could be upset by his words, that tennis at the moment is a chit and he could not be more indiferent about tennis. Used bad words in his critics on the FF work.
Márcia
Márcia

Back to top Go down

2021-2022 General Tennis News Empty ^^^ to wcr. On Paire.

Post by Márcia Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:25 am

^^^
To wcr, about Paire.
Márcia
Márcia

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Sun May 02, 2021 3:37 am

THE DOG is retiring!

2021-2022 General Tennis News KAwU_iDf?format=jpg&name=small

“I never realized that it would be career ending."

Hampered by a right wrist injury, former world No. 13 @TheDolgo has decided to hang up his racquet for good.

And he received a nice message from Roger...

2021-2022 General Tennis News E0Tzo4WXMAEgz2S?format=jpg&name=4096x4096
Cromar
Cromar

Márcia, wcr and slaie_thuin like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum