Roger Federer Forum
Only members can read the topics or post on this forum.

Please login or register as a new member. It's free... and may you find some old friends!
Roger Federer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RF Schedule 2017

+22
Kop8zky
Márcia
RogerNo.1
anutam
Indybeck71
michelle88
MaxUS
RoGer 2 Death
tvradke
oldfan
geniallis
Cromar
Tommymas1
cornnn92
Aprilp20n
Steerpike60
ph∞be
Sherl
fedled
Rufus1
Kazzie
avasbar
26 posters

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Normal Re: RF Schedule 2017

Post by Guest Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:02 am

Oh, well - I never expected Roger to win another 2 majors this year, so everything from this point really is gravy.

If Roger goes deep in Montreal and Cinci, I can't see how he can win the USO. But I didn't see how he could win the Austalian Open, either!

Another tournament win and he ties with Lendl in second place on the all time winners list, too - so lets hope he does that during the next few weeks.

Back to top Go down

Post by tvradke Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:41 am

I am sure I will get greedy by end of next week but for now all I want for Roger is the Montreal title. A lot of the top players are playing in Washington this week in pretty fast conditions and will be somewhat adjusted next week and hit the ground running. It would be nice if Roger gets a couple of matches under his belt and is still in the tournament because after that, he will find his timing and rhythm.

tvradke

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherl Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:33 am

I think one thing that factored into this decision was Roger skipping the clay season this year. This is by far the freshest he has been after Wimby, only grass tennis to recover from, plus his Wimby road was smooth sailing! Best chance indeed for him to play Canada again, especially since he already said that skipping RG is not going to be a recurrent thing.
Sherl
Sherl

Back to top Go down

Post by geniallis Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:25 pm

Oh really? Is he going to play? It came out of nowhere for me. :bounce: :bounce:
geniallis
geniallis

Back to top Go down

Post by oldfan Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:31 pm

Kop8zky wrote:And the quest for no1 begins!
Let's go Roger!!!!!

Roger That!!!!!
oldfan
oldfan

Back to top Go down

Post by avasbar Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:53 pm

Im not going to add my voice to any more speculations as I only get it all wrong anyway, but feel free folks- its all good Smile
For me, W8 was the only #mustdo and now I really must try to keep my word and not care one way or the other about further titles except to be happy for him.
May he attain all the goals he sets himself - incl #1 and #20 and I have my own goal for him anyway - The Federer Decima this year- but the only thing that somewhat bothers me really is after all Roger's superlatives and that he's now 36 and still playing is that there are still records for him to break. how is this possible. OK Connors played till he was 41or something, ditto Rosewall but how on earth has Lendl stayed ahead of him so long when he stopped playing so much earlier (surely?)
avasbar
avasbar

Back to top Go down

Post by geniallis Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:03 pm

oldfan wrote:
Let's go Roger!!!!!

Roger That!!!!!

How cool would it be if he got the number 1 back, even for a week. Cheering Cheering Cheering
geniallis
geniallis

Back to top Go down

Post by Steerpike60 Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:10 pm

MaxUS wrote:Hopefully, it will be an exciting August, I think I am finally at the point where I can watch matches live (Montreal is PST in the US, right?).

Montreal is EST in the US (eastern time zone).
Steerpike60
Steerpike60

Back to top Go down

Post by Steerpike60 Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:24 pm

avasbar wrote:For me, W8 was the only #mustdo and now I really must try to keep my word and not care one way or the other about further titles except to be happy for him.
Yeah, I need to remember that too.  I had pretty much given up on Roger ever winning another major a few years ago.  And I was okay with that as long as Nadal wasn't getting any closer... and he wasn't then.  

The AO title was the most unexpected gift: to win another major over Rafa in 5 sets after being down in the 5th???  It was like the dream scenario.  And then Roger beating Rafa at both IW and Miami enroute to winning the Sunshine Double again after 11 years?  It was almost too much.  But even after all that... I really did want Roger to get #8 at Wimbledon.  He so deserved to hold the record (just like Rafa deserved the RG one).  And he got it.

Do I really have any right to want more?  No, not really... but I wouldn't mind it.  #20 would be too cool... but getting back to #1 one more time?  Man... that would really be something.

But after all the wonderful things that have happened this year... I'm going to try very hard to be content with that and just be happy for Roger, as you said.    Anything else from now on would truly be triple icing on the cake.
Steerpike60
Steerpike60

Back to top Go down

Post by RogerNo.1 Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:16 pm

Let's go Roger!!!!!
or no. 20.  Laughing
RogerNo.1
RogerNo.1

Back to top Go down

Post by Aprilp20n Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:10 pm

I'm really excited Roger decided to play Montreal, simply because it's a sign that he has #1 in his sight and he's feeling confident with his body! Nadal and his camp should be feeling very afraid now... Wink Gif Wink Gif
Aprilp20n
Aprilp20n

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:17 pm

Posts moved: The posts/discussion regarding the Lendl/Connors (vs. Roger's) match records have been moved to the:
Lendl / Connors Records topic under Awards, Records, Analysis and Statistics
Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by Rufus1 Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:08 am

The tour tracer on Roger's website has been updated and now reads

US Open followed by Laver Cup.

http://www.rogerfederer.com/index.php

Rufus1

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:43 am

I have updated Roger's  schedule by adding a 'mini-trophy' for Montreal Final and greyed out Cincy since Roger withdrew due to back injury he sustained during the Montreal final.

His schedule for the rest of the season is pretty much set, except for Paris which remains a  Question

Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by avasbar Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:09 am

Still enough tourneys left for Rog to get the Federer Decima...... Praying
avasbar
avasbar

Back to top Go down

Post by Márcia Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:13 am

I love your charts, cromar. Thanks.

btw, any news of evil_ (was it her/his name?) ?
Márcia
Márcia

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum