Roger Federer Forum
Only members can read the topics or post on this forum.

Please login or register as a new member. It's free... and may you find some old friends!
Roger Federer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RF Schedule 2017

+22
Kop8zky
Márcia
RogerNo.1
anutam
Indybeck71
michelle88
MaxUS
RoGer 2 Death
tvradke
oldfan
geniallis
Cromar
Tommymas1
cornnn92
Aprilp20n
Steerpike60
ph∞be
Sherl
fedled
Rufus1
Kazzie
avasbar
26 posters

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Normal Re: RF Schedule 2017

Post by cornnn92 Tue May 23, 2017 6:08 pm

I'd be very surprised if Roger decided to play both Montreal and Cincy... Two M1000 in a row with no time to recover in between contrary to IW and Miami... My guess is he'll end up playing only Cincy at best. Remember in 2014 he almost withdrew from Cincy after making the final in Toronto... A lot will depend on how successful he is at Wimby I think - that's why I most probably won't go to Canada / Cincy this year, too risky!

cornnn92

Back to top Go down

Post by Steerpike60 Tue May 23, 2017 6:42 pm

^^^ It's so hard to know no matter what Roger might say. He sounded so sure about RG and then pulled out. So even though he and his team have said a full grass/summer season is planned... that doesn't mean much. He could, as you say, pull out of Cincy if he does well in Canada. And he could forgo Montreal and play only Cincy.

No way to know. Ugh...
Steerpike60
Steerpike60

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Wed May 24, 2017 10:17 am

Canada has always been iffy for Roger, especially Montreal, unfortunately (as it's where I live!). But I do think that he will play Cincy, as he will need some prep before the US Open.
Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by Steerpike60 Wed May 24, 2017 3:51 pm

^^^ Yeah, I also think Cincy is fairly certain. Now, if I can just find someone who would want to split hotel costs, I would book it. I guess I could go anyway, get my own room and then just hook up with other RF fans there.
Steerpike60
Steerpike60

Back to top Go down

Post by RogerNo.1 Wed May 24, 2017 4:17 pm

I think if Roger had to choose he would always pick Cincy over Canada (as much as it pains me to say this). He's just been way more successful there.

At the moment I'm a little peeved at the Rogers Cup for giving Shriekapova a Wildcard. I know that's totally OT but I just wanted to state that. Very Happy Maybe they knew about Bouchard's ankle injury and are afraid they won't have a single big name there.
RogerNo.1
RogerNo.1

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Wed May 24, 2017 6:23 pm

Roger's 2017 schedule in calendar form (Revision #2)

Updated since Roger withdrew from Roland-Garros.

Note: As Roger hasn't confirmed his schedule for the whole season, some of the tournaments on the calendar are marked with a "?", as he may or may not participate in those tournaments.

Click image to see full size
RF Schedule 2017 - Page 3 RF%202017%20Schedule%202a%2024May

Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by Tommymas1 Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:40 am

Hi Cromar..... well done and thank you for doing this.

Tommymas1

Tommymas1

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:25 pm

Roger will be Shanghai, as he tells us in... Chinese!  Razz

Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:54 am

Still no confirmation from Roger about Montreal.

Roger Federer Reveals His Plans, will have a “Busy Season” lined up

sportstalk24
July 19, 2017

Roger Federer will have a busy schedule in the second half of the season. The Swiss player is unsure about playing in Montreal, but he plans to definitely play Cincinnati, US Open, Laver Cup in Prague, Shanghai, Basel, probably Paris Bercy and ATP Finals in London.

As always, in China he will play only one tournament: in Shanghai, the eighth Masters 1000 event of the season, he will try to win his second title after winning the 2014 final against Gilles Simon.

Last year he wasn’t there due to injury, and he decided to announce his sixth appearance in the Chinese event, where he also reached a final in 2010 losing to Andy Murray.

Last time he played, in 2015, Federer lost to the Spaniard Albert Ramos in his first match. He hopes to have a better results this year.

Federer will be there at US Open & if Federer closes out the season by winning the US Open for the first time since 2008 and snares a staggering 20th Grand Slam title, some might wonder what is left for him to achieve in a record-setting career.

“What keeps me going? I don’t know, I love to play,” Federer said. “I have a wonderful team. My wife’s totally fine with me still playing; she’s my No. 1 supporter. She’s amazing.

“Yeah, I love playing the big stages still. I don’t mind the practice. I don’t mind the travel. Because I’m playing a little less, I actually get more time in return. I feel like I’m working part time these days almost, which is a great feeling.”

[...]
Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherl Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:10 pm

^^ Thanks Cromar for the news! Yes, maybe Roger will decide to skip Montreal in order to have a good break before returning to HCs, especially since he has already confirmed Shanghai.
Sherl
Sherl

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:51 am

I updated Roger's Calendar with his latest results: #19! Very Happy  

Except for a couple of tournaments (marked with a "?"), his schedule for the rest of the season is pretty much set now.

Roger may skip Montreal, which starts in two weeks, just before Cincy. He should be announcing his decision within a few days.

He also indicated that he may play Paris, which is right after Basel. His participation at Bercy will probably hinge on several factors: his form and health, his previous results (how much he has played), and whether he has the No 1 to protect, or in sight. Smile  Being so close to the finish line, this may well weigh in the balance of probability.

Click image to see full size
RF Schedule 2017 - Page 3 RF%202017%20Schedule%203%2023Jul
Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:30 am

I hope Roger gives Paris a miss - I'd much rather he save his energy for another run at the 02. Still, he knows best!

Back to top Go down

Post by avasbar Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:31 pm

Federer will chase — and almost certainly regain — the No.1 ranking during the North American hardcourt circuit after he takes a short break.

“I hope to be No.1 again,” he said.

“I think it’s going to be a three or four-way race or two-way race between me and Rafa Nadal,” Federer said.

“I hope it’s me and not Rafa because it means a lot to me to get back to No.1.”

Federer’s latest victory pushed up to No.3 behind Andy Murray and Nadal.  

This is interesting- from Fed post Wimby & hungover no doubt loosening his tongue.  I for one am glad he doesnt really believe that bland BSabout it being too ridiculous or far off or not on his radar to think about 8)
avasbar
avasbar

Back to top Go down

Post by ph∞be Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:50 pm

Well, until Wimby 2017, I was worried that he put unnecessary pressure on himself by articulating his desires. But, this RF and, obviously, if he says he wants something, he gets it! Laughing
ph∞be
ph∞be

Back to top Go down

Post by avasbar Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:48 am

Amen to that Phoebe Very Happy
avasbar
avasbar

Back to top Go down

Post by geniallis Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:05 pm

I think he's likely to skip Montreal. It makes sense, based on what he's been doing this year. Taking care of his health. So it's what I imagine to happen. Cincinnati is a more reasonable bet as preparation for USopen. Looking at his performance there, he is likely to play well this year as well. But, nothing is guaranteed. Considering the current form of Djoko (maybe absence) and Murray, Federer's chances at USopen just grow. 20 should be the goal.
geniallis
geniallis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum