Roger Federer Forum
Only members can read the topics or post on this forum.

Please login or register as a new member. It's free... and may you find some old friends!
Roger Federer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RF Schedule 2017

+22
Kop8zky
Márcia
RogerNo.1
anutam
Indybeck71
michelle88
MaxUS
RoGer 2 Death
tvradke
oldfan
geniallis
Cromar
Tommymas1
cornnn92
Aprilp20n
Steerpike60
ph∞be
Sherl
fedled
Rufus1
Kazzie
avasbar
26 posters

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Normal Re: RF Schedule 2017

Post by Cromar Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:52 pm

Actually, nothing is set yet for RG...

Roger stated yesterday to the Swiss media, before leaving for Dubai, that he will decide on May 10, after his Dubai training block, whether or not he will play RG. So, stay tuned...  Wink Gif

Edit:
Here is the source article from rts.ch/sport (translated from French):

"Roger Federer: I shall be inspired and motivated when I return"

RF Schedule 2017 - Page 2 8543822           
Federer shall not play any tournament on clay before Roland-Garros. [Lynne Sladky - Keystone]

Friday 14 April 2017              

Roger Federer talked to a handful of journalists before leaving for training in Dubai. He will decide on his participation in Roland-Garros on 10 May.

- Would you have also given up on the clay season if you had not made such an extraordinary start of the season?

ROGER FEDERER: If I has lost each time in the first round, I probably would have tried to play more matches. But internally, we had very quickly decided to play at the most two tournaments on clay, or maybe only one or even none. That was the trend. More over, we had from the start planned a physical preparation phase during the clay season. This is the perfect time, because after Wimbledon, you have little time to train. It's quite simple: my knee suffered a lot last year when I played on clay. People around me also found that it had cost me a lot of energy, energy that I lacked afterwards. I even told them that I would rather not play any tournament on clay. I shall be inspired and motivated upon my return, perhaps with new ideas. It worked rather quite well last time.

- But is it certain that you will perform at Roland Garros?

ROGER FEDERER: We will make a final decision on May 10, at the end of my training camp in Dubai. We will then decide whether or not to move on to clay. The most important will be to see how I feel. You never know what's going to happen by then, either on the physical or mental side. For the moment, my intention is to play Roland-Garros. But the possibility of renouncing on that idea still exists. My pause would then last ten weeks, instead of seven. But one thing is for sure, I shall not participate just to be a mere spectator. That's not how you make miracles happen!

"The goal is to continue to play offensive tennis"
Roger Federer

- And miracles, you have realized some. What has surprised you the most since your return?

ROGER FEDERER: Practically everything has surprised me! The fact that my body stood up to everything, that I was 100% mentally on each outing, that I achieved immense success and that I performed at the highest level in every match. The only thing that did not surprise me was to have right away regained the pleasure of playing in competition.

- If you compete in Roland-Garros, it will be without having played a single match on clay. Will you be able to objectively feel ambitious in these conditions?

ROGER FEDERER: I can reproduce on clay the offensive tennis I play on hard court. It works. If the weather is dry in Paris, the playing conditions will be fast, maybe even more so than at Wimbledon. It would be very interesting to see how I can perform on clay. In any case, the goal is to continue to play an offensive tennis so I do not have to radically change my approach to the game when I play on grass. I proved in 2009 that you could win Roland-Garros by practicing such tennis.

Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by ph∞be Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:57 pm

To be honest I would rather he didn't play RG. I so want him to win Wimbledon and if he thinks that he was tired and hurt after clay then it is better he avoids it. He is such a competitor that if he decides to play RG he will give it his all and if ends up going deep but injures himself or gets fatigued that would be too bad.
ph∞be
ph∞be

Back to top Go down

Post by Steerpike60 Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:54 pm

I'm not sure how I feel about RG. Let's face it, it's only been a "happy" event once. And the clay season, in general, has rarely been a fun time of the year for us.

With the unexpected success Roger has had this year, I'm not surprised at all that he will not play any clay event before RG. But part of me hates to see him miss a major when he is fit.

Even if Roger does play, the fact that there are days off between matches would help and not cost him too much energy (unless of course he gets caught in too many 5-setters). If the weather looks good, then I think Roger playing wouldn't hurt. If the weather turns out to be damp and slow, then it will just be a nightmare.

The goal is grass and the summer hardcourt seasons. I guess that probably means both Canada and Cincy before the USO too.

I'm thinking of Cincy this year. Anyone else planning to be there?
Steerpike60
Steerpike60

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:13 pm

Steerpike60 wrote:...
The goal is grass and the summer hardcourt seasons. I guess that probably means both Canada and Cincy before the USO too.

I'm thinking of Cincy this year.  Anyone else planning to be there?

Check the topic Fans who plan to attend Roger's tournaments/matches for my reply.
Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:55 am

Also to be added to Roger's schedule is the new:

Laver Cup
September 22-24, 2017
O2 arena
Prague, Czech Republic

See Other Tennis Events / Laver Cup under General Tennis for more information.

Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:45 pm

Roger also confirmed earlier that he will play Stuttgart, first tournament on grass just before Halle (immediately after RG):

Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:44 am

Roger's 2017 schedule in calendar form.

As Roger hasn't confirmed his schedule for the whole season, some of the tournaments on the calendar are marked with a "?", as he may or may not participate in those tournaments.  

Click image to see full size
RF Schedule 2017 - Page 2 RF%202017%20Schedule%201a%2023Apr

Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by avasbar Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:02 pm

Super Cromar! That's gone straight to my Homescreen
avasbar
avasbar

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Sun Apr 23, 2017 5:07 pm

Glad that you are enjoying the calendar!  

Note that I updated it... I added the trophies! Very Happy
Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by Aprilp20n Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:59 am

Great work Cromar! I didn't realise RG, Stuggart, Halle are back to back! Why don't Roger play Rome, skip RG before he jumps in the grass season? Wouldn't his schedule be more balanced this way?
Aprilp20n
Aprilp20n

Back to top Go down

Post by Steerpike60 Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:32 pm

Aprilpoon wrote:Great work Cromar! I didn't realise RG, Stuggart, Halle are back to back! Why don't Roger play Rome, skip RG before he jumps in the grass season? Wouldn't his schedule be more balanced this way?

Since Roger has already officially pulled out of Madrid and Rome, I highly doubt he would add Rome back. Plus, I just can't see Roger opting to play Rome over RG, despite it being a more favorable schedule. RG is still a major.

And if Roger were to defy all expectations and have a miracle run at RG... he can always pull out of Stuttgart if he truly needed to rest.
Steerpike60
Steerpike60

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherl Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:24 pm

^^ And yesterday Roger reiterated that the plan is indeed to play RG!!
Sherl
Sherl

Back to top Go down

Post by Rufus1 Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:11 pm

Sherl wrote:^^ And yesterday Roger reiterated that the plan is indeed to play RG!!

Here is a link to the video from the interview with Mary Carillo.

Rufus1

Back to top Go down

Post by Steerpike60 Mon May 01, 2017 6:39 pm

^^^ yes, Roger sounds pretty certain that he will play RG.
Steerpike60
Steerpike60

Back to top Go down

Post by Steerpike60 Mon May 22, 2017 9:13 pm

So we know Roger is slated to play Stuttgart, Halle, and Wimbledon. And I'm assuming that since he has said he's playing a full grass and summer hardcourt season, that Canada, Cincy, and the USO are planned as well. I wonder if Roger will ever officially release his Spring/Summer schedule?

I swear, from here on out... it's going to be difficult to arrange tennis plans since Roger's schedule will always be so fluid. I guess any tennis plans are going to be based on hope and faith.

Anybody planning Canada and Cincy trips? I want to go to Cincy but my two regular travel pals are not going this year so I'm not sure now.
Steerpike60
Steerpike60

Back to top Go down

Post by cornnn92 Tue May 23, 2017 6:08 pm

I'd be very surprised if Roger decided to play both Montreal and Cincy... Two M1000 in a row with no time to recover in between contrary to IW and Miami... My guess is he'll end up playing only Cincy at best. Remember in 2014 he almost withdrew from Cincy after making the final in Toronto... A lot will depend on how successful he is at Wimby I think - that's why I most probably won't go to Canada / Cincy this year, too risky!
cornnn92
cornnn92

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum