Roger Federer Forum
Only members can read the topics or post on this forum.

Please login or register as a new member. It's free... and may you find some old friends!
Roger Federer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RF Schedule 2018

+30
cornnn92
Darktemplar
Cheadlebeagle
Steerpike60
norinchi
nea makri
oldlady
fraline
Manu
Katarina_YYZ
ph∞be
dung98
oldfan
Giontumasch
anutam
geniallis
Aprilp20n
tvradke
RoGer 2 Death
RogerNo.1
Tommymas1
skumars
Kop8zky
Sherl
Kemik
MaxUS
Márcia
michelle88
striker
Cromar
34 posters

Page 1 of 12 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Normal RF Schedule 2018

Post by Cromar Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:07 pm

Roger Federer commits to Hopman Cup to start 2018 season

ESPN - 27 June, 2017

Associated Press

PERTH, Australia -- Roger Federer has committed to starting the 2018 season at the Hopman Cup, the international mixed-team tournament in which he'll again team up with Belinda Bencic for Switzerland.

The 35-year-old Federer has cut back on the number of tournaments he plays in order to prolong his career, and he skipped the recent clay-court season to concentrate on Wimbledon.

Roger Federer has committed to starting the 2018 season at the Hopman Cup. Lars Baron/Bongarts/Getty Images

He played with Bencic at the last Hopman Cup, and it proved an ideal tuneup for the Australian Open, in which he beat Rafael Nadal in the final to end a personal Grand Slam drought stretching to Wimbledon in 2012.

"It was the perfect preparation because I was in a good mindset," Federer said of the buildup to his 18th major title. "When I went to Melbourne, I could really look back on some great preparation, and I think that's what also made me win the Australian Open."

The French team of Kristina Mladenovic and Richard Gasquet beat Federer and Bencic to seal a spot in last year's Hopman Cup final, then beat U.S. pair CoCo Vandeweghe and Jack Sock to win the title.

More than 6,000 people attended Federer's first practice session last year in Perth, a crowd he described as "surreal." The Switzerland-France match attracted a tournament-record 13,917 fans.

Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Normal Re: RF Schedule 2018

Post by Cromar Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:44 pm

Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by striker Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:17 pm

Does anyone know if the match with Andy will be televised? Thank you.
striker
striker

Back to top Go down

Post by Steerpike60 Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:37 pm

striker wrote:Does anyone know if the match with Andy will be televised? Thank you.

I imagine TTC might show it.  They showed Roger's.  Maybe not live, but tape-delayed?
Steerpike60
Steerpike60

Back to top Go down

Post by michelle88 Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:50 am

striker wrote:Does anyone know if the match with Andy will be televised? Thank you.

Not sure where you're from, but I know Eurosport will show it live.
michelle88
michelle88

Back to top Go down

Post by Márcia Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:26 am

^^^
It will be live at Facebook also. https://federer.forumotion.com/t309-andy-murray-live-glasgow-november-7-2017#24360

Will we have a thread to talk about it?
Márcia
Márcia

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:41 pm

You can talk about the charity match 'Andy Murray Live' in the thread you quoted, Márc19f... That's what it's for! Wink Gif
Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:13 pm

ROGER & ANDY LIVE TONIGHT ON FACEBOOK AND EUROSPORT

See ANDY MURRAY LIVE thread for details and links.
Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:11 pm

So, Roger is not playing Dubai this year! Surprised  (not on the entry list). He has played that tournament every year since 2002, when healthy.  

Actually, it's not too surprising since he just announced that Match for Africa 5 will take place on March 5th in San Jose, California. (Dubai ends March 3).  The date and location of that exhibition match, however, fits perfectly with Indian Wells happening just next door, starting March 8.

By the way, the Dubai entry list is shockingly empty this year: Dimitrov is the lone top-15 player on that list! Shocked
Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxUS Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:02 pm

Cromar wrote:So, Roger is not playing Dubai this year! Surprised  (not on the entry list). He has played that tournament every year since 2002, when healthy.
Yowsers! It really looks like Roger is not at all interested in regaining #1. I know that holding it for a couple of weeks is not a big deal, but entering IW and, possibly, Miami not only as the defending champion but also the #1 player in the world, I'd think, would give him a psychological boost when having to defend so many points. Of course, he'll have to win the title in Australia, but doing so and being 155 points away from #1, with Nadal having to defend a Final in Acapulco, Roger could potentially pick up so many points with a deep run in Dubai due to his dismal showing last year.

From his presser after the AO2018 SF:
Q. It was just announced you're going to have one of your fundraisers in California. What drew you to the Bay Area? Is it an appealing area for you?
ROGER FEDERER: I never played there. I've only once been to Google years ago with my coach Stefan Edberg at the time. That was fun. I never played in the Bay Area. I just thought West Coast was a great success last year when we played in Seattle. So clearly this year, again playing doubles with Bill Gates, also with Savannah in the doubles, Jack Sock, I think it's going to be great fun.

We had a small preview at the Hopman Cup, I guess, how much fun it could actually become. This evening, all of it again for a good cause. My foundation is something that's super important to me. I'm going to have a trip in April of this year, going down to Africa, to Zambia most likely.

Yeah, it's great that we can raise a lot of money. Bill is helping me to set up an evening beforehand so we can raise extra funds. I'm just very thankful. Yeah, can't wait to play in that area. Hopefully the stadium is going to sell out. So far ticket sales have gone well. Hopefully we can sell out quickly.

It's also not looking good for Roger playing much, if anything, during the clay season, since he's planning a trip to Africa during the time he would normally be preparing his transition onto the clay. At this point, I think that I want him to secure that 6th YE#1 more than he does. I have little doubt that the current #1 will be able to defend his titles on clay, so it seems like such a wasted opportunity to apply a bit of pressure on RN having to defend his better than decent showings in the Americas. There are so few points available to RN on clay that getting his nose out in front again (should Roger be successful in defending his own points in the Americas) would be very challenging.

Nevertheless, I'm happy for Roger to be able to do the things off the court that allow him to stay fresh and motivated on the court, even if it means that I'm sad having to endure a pretender at the top of the ATP Rankings (I'll get over it Laughing ).
MaxUS
MaxUS

Back to top Go down

Post by Kemik Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:19 pm

MaxUS wrote:
Cromar wrote:So, Roger is not playing Dubai this year! Surprised  (not on the entry list). He has played that tournament every year since 2002, when healthy.
Yowsers! It really looks like Roger is not at all interested in regaining #1. I know that holding it for a couple of weeks is not a big deal, but entering IW and, possibly, Miami not only as the defending champion but also the #1 player in the world, I'd think, would give him a psychological boost when having to defend so many points. Of course, he'll have to win the title in Australia, but doing so and being 155 points away from #1, with Nadal having to defend a Final in Acapulco, Roger could potentially pick up so many points with a deep run in Dubai due to his dismal showing last year.

Well, IF Roger wins the Australian Open (especially if the final match against Čilić won't be very long), it is maybe a possibility for him to participate on the indoor tournament ATP 500 in Rotterdam (12th-18th February) instead of Dubai, in order to regain the No. 1 position (with SF or better appearance). With this schedule it would be enough rest before the American sunshine double in Indian Wells and Miami. But, finally, Roger knows the best how his body feels and how many matches he can play at a time.
Kemik
Kemik

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherl Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:33 pm

For clay, all I ask for is RG. Nothing more Laughing
Sherl
Sherl

Back to top Go down

Post by Kemik Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:59 pm

Sherl wrote:For clay, all I ask for is RG. Nothing more Laughing

I don't think he will ever again participate there as this tournament is physically the most exhausting one anywhere (with clay and best-of-5 format) and is just before the grass-court season. But for other clay tournaments, we will see ... I don't think we have seen the last Roger's match on clay.
Kemik
Kemik

Back to top Go down

Post by RogerNo.1 Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:12 pm

Actually, it's not too surprising since he just announced that Match for Africa 5 will take place on March 5th in San Jose, California. (Dubai ends March 3).  The date and location of that exhibition match, however, fits perfectly with Indian Wells happening just next door, starting March 8.

By the way, the Dubai entry list is shockingly empty this year: Dimitrov is the lone top-15 player on that list! Shocked
That's too bad. I've always like Dubai. Probably because Roger does so well there.
RogerNo.1
RogerNo.1

Back to top Go down

Post by Kop8zky Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:57 pm

Finally the weak era shows its true face. 8)
Kop8zky
Kop8zky

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 12 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum