Roger Federer Forum
Only members can read the topics or post on this forum.

Please login or register as a new member. It's free... and may you find some old friends!
Roger Federer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RF Tennis News 2017

+46
forummember
oldlady
striker
Kop8zky
federerworshipper
skumars
Indybeck71
Márcia
Cromar
Matarsakolito
Lucycanada
InspiredTennis
FedFFL
Sparkle
Federite
MaxUS
UES
angellT
cappucc19o
vrazkar
StrongerThanAll
anutam
fedled
Rufus1
Marcizio14
michelle88
oldfan
tvradke
RMGuillot
Loti
schneewitchen
Katarina_YYZ
avasbar
RogerNo.1
ph∞be
LaRubia
Vinnie
cornnn92
cat29
norinchi
Sherl
wcr
Aprilp20n
mariah1
Steerpike60
Lil_Jay
50 posters

Page 26 of 39 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 32 ... 39  Next

Go down

Normal Re: RF Tennis News 2017

Post by ph∞be Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:05 pm

oldfan wrote:
ph∞be wrote:To me Roger's decision to play in Montreal is his decision to make a run for No 1. Every point he gains from here on will count and it may come down to just a few points. Yes, if he wins USO, it probably would be enough but I think he doesn't want to put allis eggs into that one basket.

Meanwhile fans of Roger in Montreal, like oldfan I hope you are rejoicing and I hope Roger brings you much joy!

Yes you can imagine how happy I am. It is probably the last opportunity to see Roger in Montreal, since the men only play every second year here. I am as excited as a 5-year-old, which is kind of ridiculous for an old geezer like me.

For Roger and you!

RF Tennis News 2017 - Page 26 Joan-collins-joan-collins-age-is-just-a-number-its-totally-irrelevant

ph∞be

Back to top Go down

Post by Márcia Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:10 pm

oldfan, Lucy, i_l_w and all other Canadian fans: so happy for you. Ph∞be, are you Canadian?

oldfan, I was no more a young woman when I could have a photo with Roger, Halle 2014. I cried all afternoon. Wink Gif
Márcia
Márcia

Back to top Go down

Post by ph∞be Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:13 pm

Marcia dear I think i_l_w is British (you may have thought she was Canadian because she likes Milos Wink Gif. And, I am Canadian, but alas, I live on the West Coast so too far away to attend.

But, BIG PLANS are underway for 1 pm July 3, 2018.
ph∞be
ph∞be

Back to top Go down

Post by skumars Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:17 pm

fednumber1 wrote:Surprised that Roger decided on playing Montreal. I thought he might skip it and play his favorite Cincy. Oh and Rafa is arriving on Thursday, how exciting Rolling Eyes why doesn't he go fishing or diving in Spain, rest his knees a bit pfffffffffffft. I really hope that Roger plays only one tourney before the USO. Playing two tourneys and the USO back to back would be crazy especially with TFA at his heels drooling over the #1 prospect.

The fact that Wimbledon has been a stroll mostly -- all straight setters, no a lot of mental energy spent, not a lot of running (due to big servers) -- means it gave him, may be, energy to squeeze in one more tournament.  But it is possible, if he does very well in Montreal, he might then pull out of Cincy.

But overall, it feels like he is fit, healthy, and eager to play more -- all are very good signs.  I love it.

Montreal, Cincy, US Open, *Laver Cup*, Shanghai, Basel, ?Paris?, WTF London.  That's what the schedule is looking like right now.
skumars
skumars

Back to top Go down

Post by Márcia Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:18 pm

^^^
Oh yes, I remember now that i_l_w is British. And ... Canada is so big!

Wonderful plans to July 3, 2018. I think we will meet there. Wink Gif I am, at least, trying to organize my life (even will make a lot of sports to endure the queues) to be there!
Márcia
Márcia

Back to top Go down

Post by wcr Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:12 pm

Rufus1 wrote:Here is the complete release from the tournament.

Roger Federer confirms he will play Rogers Cup presented by National Bank

Now the question is:  When will he arrive?  Rafa is arriving on Thursday.  Player practises begin on Friday, with free admission to fans.  CC will be open to player practise then.

You must be the happiest fan on the planet, RUFUS!  You deserve a front row seat for your tireless efforts to support Roger.
wcr
wcr

Back to top Go down

Post by avasbar Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:01 pm

ph∞be wrote:We probably don't understand how unfit he was (by his standards) in the period 2013-2017. I think he played with chronic back pain and he spoke about the soles of his feet being uncomfortable- which sounds like he had some kind of neuropathy related to the back. Yes he is older but the older Roger may be fitter than the younger one. Also, he does speak of the early years after his twin girls were born of being in a bit of a daze. I think there were a lot of things going on and only his supreme talent and will kept him at the top. Perhaps this Roger is another incarnation. Fit and focussed.

Quite. It really seems remarkable just how well Roger feels. That he should even consider these back-2-backs. But post 6-mo break he did talk about feet even and carrying all kinds of niggles that we were all unaware of at the time.  The most revealing for me was the 2010-2011 dip in form that we worried about as being the beginning of the end when in fact it was again back issues (and lack of proper rest) brought on by being too enthusiastic a hands-on Dad. Both he & Mirka have learned from that and thank god Mirka didnt take the attitude of Carlos Moya's wife. As if. Just goes to show -again- how truly blessed Roger is to have Mirka as his wife and what we all and tennisdom owes to her. She deserves a flipping statue in Basle, or her own street or a stamp or something Very Happy
avasbar
avasbar

Back to top Go down

Post by ph∞be Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:19 pm

Crowd source funding for a statue for Mirka? Laughing
ph∞be
ph∞be

Back to top Go down

Post by federerworshipper Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:10 am

skumars wrote:
fednumber1 wrote:Surprised that Roger decided on playing Montreal. I thought he might skip it and play his favorite Cincy. Oh and Rafa is arriving on Thursday, how exciting Rolling Eyes why doesn't he go fishing or diving in Spain, rest his knees a bit pfffffffffffft. I really hope that Roger plays only one tourney before the USO. Playing two tourneys and the USO back to back would be crazy especially with TFA at his heels drooling over the #1 prospect.

The fact that Wimbledon has been a stroll mostly -- all straight setters, no a lot of mental energy spent, not a lot of running (due to big servers) -- means it gave him, may be, energy to squeeze in one more tournament.  But it is possible, if he does very well in Montreal, he might then pull out of Cincy.

But overall, it feels like he is fit, healthy, and eager to play more -- all are very good signs.  I love it.

Montreal, Cincy, US Open, *Laver Cup*, Shanghai, Basel, ?Paris?, WTF London.  That's what the schedule is looking like right now.

Yeah I thought about all you said. He may also be thinking that if he loses in Montreal, he'll still have Cincy for match practice. I don't know I guess I'm being your classic Fed Fan worry wart Smile. I posted recently that TFA is no longer a threat, yet again his mere presence in the same tourney disturbs me. I must love the guy :twisted: 

Anyway, Roger will soon be in Montreal and the excitement is building and I cannot wait. Que sera sera... Roger plays, we all watch, cheer and support and wish him the best.
federerworshipper
federerworshipper

Back to top Go down

Post by avasbar Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:56 am

ph∞be wrote:Crowd source funding for a statue for Mirka? Laughing

Lets work on it Very Happy
avasbar
avasbar

Back to top Go down

Post by Rufus1 Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:44 pm

Still practising (hard??!!) in Switzerland, provided this photo was put up in real time.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BXVbpblhf5S/?taken-by=raphaelokmian

RF Tennis News 2017 - Page 26 20481800_347870095649917_960072916056145920_n

raphaelokmian #rogerfederer #tennis #legend #1

19 minutes ago

Rufus1

Back to top Go down

Post by wcr Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:57 pm

^^^
Are we sure? I don't see any cows in the background. Laughing
wcr
wcr

Back to top Go down

Post by Kop8zky Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:25 pm

^^^No cows? Really?  Wink Gif

RF Tennis News 2017 - Page 26 Cows10
Kop8zky
Kop8zky

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:09 pm

You are nuts, you guys! :lol!:
Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by Rufus1 Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:19 pm

No cows, but this seems definitive!!!

Rufus1

Back to top Go down

Post by Steerpike60 Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:33 pm

As I noted in the other thread, Roger will be the #2 seed in Montreal as Murray has officially withdrawn.
Steerpike60
Steerpike60

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 39 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 32 ... 39  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum