Roger Federer Forum
Only members can read the topics or post on this forum.

Please login or register as a new member. It's free... and may you find some old friends!
Roger Federer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RF Tennis News 2017

+46
forummember
oldlady
striker
Kop8zky
federerworshipper
skumars
Indybeck71
Márcia
Cromar
Matarsakolito
Lucycanada
InspiredTennis
FedFFL
Sparkle
Federite
MaxUS
UES
angellT
cappucc19o
vrazkar
StrongerThanAll
anutam
fedled
Rufus1
Marcizio14
michelle88
oldfan
tvradke
RMGuillot
Loti
schneewitchen
Katarina_YYZ
avasbar
RogerNo.1
ph∞be
LaRubia
Vinnie
cornnn92
cat29
norinchi
Sherl
wcr
Aprilp20n
mariah1
Steerpike60
Lil_Jay
50 posters

Page 25 of 39 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 39  Next

Go down

Normal Re: RF Tennis News 2017

Post by Rufus1 Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:57 pm

Another picture from practise today

Rufus1

Back to top Go down

Post by Indybeck71 Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:55 pm

From US Sports Illustrated tennis writer ... teases Roger will be in Montreal; that's literally all he says.

https://twitter.com/jon_wertheim/status/892501779069448192

Update: The tournament has now confirmed Roger's participation in Montreal:

https://twitter.com/CoupeRogers/status/892501003710476289
Indybeck71
Indybeck71

Back to top Go down

Post by skumars Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:22 pm

http://www.sportsnet.ca/tennis/roger-federer-confirms-will-play-2017-rogers-cup/

Yes, the confirmation is in. My feeling is if he goes deep into this one, he might skip Cincy.
skumars
skumars

Back to top Go down

Post by Rufus1 Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:32 pm

From the HP

http://www.rogerfederer.com/index.php/news/80-roger-will-play-rogers-cup-in-montreal

Roger will play Rogers Cup in Montreal

August 1st, 2017 -- Montreal, Canada

With 19 Grand Slam titles under his belt, Roger announced today he will be making his way back to the Rogers Cup to compete for the title this year in Montreal, Canada.

This will be the Swiss Maestro's first appearance at the Rogers Cup since 2011 and he will not only be seeking his third Rogers Cup title but also celebrating his Birthday next week in Montreal.

“I’m happy to be coming back to Montreal as I have not had a chance to play there for many years,” said Federer. “This 2017 season has been very exciting and I am really looking forward to being back out on the court on the ATP Tour.”

From Stephanie Myles, a Canadian tennis journalist.

http://tennis.life/2017/08/01/federer-confirms-hell-montreal/

Interesting that Tom Tebbutt, writing his Tebbutt Tuesday blog for TC earlier in the day, was suddenly not so pessimistic about the chances of Roger coming!! - I would imagine that he knew something was in the pipeline.  It did give me pause to wonder when it was released on TC twitter but I had other things to do in life than to do more than just ponder!!

http://www.tenniscanada.com/tebbutt-rogers-cup-rendez-vous/

Rufus1

Back to top Go down

Post by Rufus1 Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:07 am

Has he really been practising for a week??

https://www.instagram.com/p/BXQSYMejvpC/?taken-by=fucsovicsmarci

RF Tennis News 2017 - Page 25 20479184_1867775210209063_7785850279634665472_n

fucsovicsmarci
Zürich, Switzerland

fucsovicsmarci Practice week with the LEGEND

Please note:  There are those emoji things in the IG message which I attempted umpteen times to copy into this to no avail - They appear on the preview screen but not on this one.  The rules for IG are not the same as that of twitter and it is quite difficult to make a clean copy.

Rufus1

Back to top Go down

Post by Rufus1 Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:30 am

Here is the complete release from the tournament.

http://www.couperogers.com/en/roger-federer-confirms-will-play-rogers-cup-presented-national-bank/

RF Tennis News 2017 - Page 25 Federer_1200x628_V11

Roger Federer confirms he will play Rogers Cup presented by National Bank

Aug 01, 2017
written by: Tennis Canada

The 19-time Grand Slam champion will return to Montreal  for the first time since 2011

Tennis Canada announced Tuesday that Swiss Roger Federer has confirmed he will play in the 2017 edition of Rogers Cup presented by National Bank. It will be his first trip to Montreal since 2011.

“I’m happy to be coming back to Montreal, as I have not had the chance to play there for many years,” said Federer. “This 2017 season has been very exciting and I am really looking forward to being back on the court on the ATP Tour.”

To date, the 2017 season has been a memorable one for Federer, highlighted by the 18th and 19th Grand Slam titles of his career at the Australian Open and Wimbledon. Currently ranked no. 3 in the world, he was also crowned champion at Indian Wells, Miami, and Halle.

“We are obviously very happy to announce the return of the great Roger Federer, said Eugène Lapierre, Tournament Director of Rogers Cup presented by National Bank. “We are celebrating today and the celebrations will continue over the next few days especially since Federer will celebrate his birthday with us on August 8. I am certain that the Montreal fans will give him the welcome he deserves.”

Federer will be seeking his third Rogers Cup title, and first in Montreal. He won the tournament in Toronto in 2004 and 2006.

Now the question is:  When will he arrive?  Rafa is arriving on Thursday.  Player practises begin on Friday, with free admission to fans.  CC will be open to player practise then.

Rufus1

Back to top Go down

Post by federerworshipper Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:43 am

Surprised that Roger decided on playing Montreal. I thought he might skip it and play his favorite Cincy. Oh and Rafa is arriving on Thursday, how exciting Rolling Eyes why doesn't he go fishing or diving in Spain, rest his knees a bit pfffffffffffft. I really hope that Roger plays only one tourney before the USO. Playing two tourneys and the USO back to back would be crazy especially with TFA at his heels drooling over the #1 prospect.

federerworshipper
federerworshipper

Back to top Go down

Post by Rufus1 Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:26 pm

More pics from yesterday's practise here - Article is in German but doesn't really say anything new.

https://www.blick.ch/sport/tennis/fertig-ferien-federer-schwitzt-in-zuerich-fuer-die-hartplatz-saison-id7081741.html

Look at the back of his shirt!!

RF Tennis News 2017 - Page 25 WhatsApp-Image-2017-08-01-at-15

Rufus1

Back to top Go down

Post by Rufus1 Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:16 pm

Video of Roger talking about his return to Montréal.

Rufus1

Back to top Go down

Post by ph∞be Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:40 pm

To me Roger's decision to play in Montreal is his decision to make a run for No 1. Every point he gains from here on will count and it may come down to just a few points. Yes, if he wins USO, it probably would be enough but I think he doesn't want to put allis eggs into that one basket.

Meanwhile fans of Roger in Montreal, like oldfan I hope you are rejoicing and I hope Roger brings you much joy!
ph∞be
ph∞be

Back to top Go down

Post by UES Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:01 pm

ph∞be wrote:To me Roger's decision to play in Montreal is his decision to make a run for No 1. Every point he gains from here on will count and it may come down to just a few points. Yes, if he wins USO, it probably would be enough but I think he doesn't want to put allis eggs into that one basket.

Meanwhile fans of Roger in Montreal, like oldfan I hope you are rejoicing and I hope Roger brings you much joy!

I agree. Roger must be feeling really fit and has decided to make a run for #1. Go Roger!

UES

Back to top Go down

Post by ph∞be Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:18 pm

We probably don't understand how unfit he was (by his standards) in the period 2013-2017. I think he played with chronic back pain and he spoke about the soles of his feet being uncomfortable- which sounds like he had some kind of neuropathy related to the back. Yes he is older but the older Roger may be fitter than the younger one. Also, he does speak of the early years after his twin girls were born of being in a bit of a daze. I think there were a lot of things going on and only his supreme talent and will kept him at the top. Perhaps this Roger is another incarnation. Fit and focussed.
ph∞be
ph∞be

Back to top Go down

Post by Steerpike60 Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:34 pm

I agree that Roger deciding to play Montreal means that he, one, feels fit, and two, wants to make a run at #1.

Plus Roger did say he planned to play a full schedule after taking the clay off and he has said a couple of times (after the 6-month break and after the clay break), "enough practice already".  He obviously didn't want to practice for another week.  He's ready to play.

Whatever he does in Montreal and Cincy... he'll be ready for NY!
Steerpike60
Steerpike60

Back to top Go down

Post by oldfan Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:43 pm

ph∞be wrote:To me Roger's decision to play in Montreal is his decision to make a run for No 1. Every point he gains from here on will count and it may come down to just a few points. Yes, if he wins USO, it probably would be enough but I think he doesn't want to put allis eggs into that one basket.

Yes you can imagine how happy I am. It is probably the last opportunity to see Roger in Montreal, since the men only play every second year here. I am as excited as a 5-year-old, which is kind of ridiculous for an old geezer like me.
oldfan
oldfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Steerpike60 Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:55 pm

oldfan wrote:Yes you can imagine how happy I am. It is probably the last opportunity to see Roger in Montreal, since the men only play every second year here. I am as excited as a 5-year-old, which is kind of ridiculous for an old geezer like me.

I'm happy for you! Do you have tickets?
Steerpike60
Steerpike60

Back to top Go down

Post by ph∞be Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:05 pm

oldfan wrote:

Yes you can imagine how happy I am. It is probably the last opportunity to see Roger in Montreal, since the men only play every second year here. I am as excited as a 5-year-old, which is kind of ridiculous for an old geezer like me.

For Roger and you!

RF Tennis News 2017 - Page 25 Joan-collins-joan-collins-age-is-just-a-number-its-totally-irrelevant
ph∞be
ph∞be

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 39 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 39  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum