Roger Federer Forum
Only members can read the topics or post on this forum.

Please login or register as a new member. It's free... and may you find some old friends!
Roger Federer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RF Tennis News 2021

+13
Ramm
Steerpike60
UES
Rosaline
Jmrf
federerworshipper
Márcia
striker
Marly 103-20
wcr
HeartoftheMatter
Sherl
Cromar
17 posters

Page 11 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Normal Re: RF Tennis News 2021

Post by norinchi Wed Sep 08, 2021 2:57 pm

striker wrote:Really enjoyed the Tweet page today! Love it Love it A new one called Inspired Heart of Gold RF!!! I wonder who it is!!!!

Her name is Maria, she´s from Poland. A great fan of Roger .

norinchi

Rosaline likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ph∞be Wed Sep 08, 2021 3:25 pm

Remember Sameena? She used to use the moniker Inspired Tennis and I wondered if it was her.
ph∞be
ph∞be

Back to top Go down

Post by Marly 103-20 Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:09 am

Do you have some news from Roger?
Marly 103-20
Marly 103-20

http://federer080881.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by striker Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:30 pm

Marly 103-20 wrote:Do you have some news from Roger?
I guess apparently not!!! Its 10 days later!!! I guess we have to get used to it, Im beginning to  fear Rogers tennis days are over!!!! Sad Sad Hope his surgery has been successful!!!!
striker
striker

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosaline Sun Sep 19, 2021 9:10 pm

I saw something saying he was visiting California but don't know if it's true. However, there are the Moet and Chandon videos, and other such things from him. He isn't missing, he or others for him are sending out stuff, it's just not re tennis. Keep watching twitter. Same with the other injured players, all kinds of tweets from them. Notably Simona Halep's wedding

Ros

Rosaline

Back to top Go down

Post by striker Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:12 pm

The only way to know anything if not on FB is to browse the Tweet page right here on the forum. I guess hes doing OK!!! Very Happy
striker
striker

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosaline Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:19 pm

Lots of tweets today about Roger - excerpts from his interview with Eurosport and perhaps some other one as well. The interview is in German or Swiss-German but there seerms to be a way to listen in English. Unfortunately I don't now have the link but if you look through today's tweets relating to Roger, I expect you'll find it.

Roger says he's doing well, he's aiming to be back for us in 2022, but obviously it's one step at a time. Lots more clips like that. Sorry no time for me to find them all to quote here but perhaps someone can put up the interview link?

Rosaline

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:59 pm

Great to hear from Roger!  Cheering  Love Eyes  He looks really good and sounds very positive.

Roger Federer: “The worst is behind me”

His return is not yet in sight, but Roger Federer (40) is confident for the future. “I’m doing very well, the rehabilitation is ongoing,” said the Balois during a meeting with a sponsor in Zurich ahead of the Laver Cup.

After his quarter-final at Wimbledon, Roger Federer underwent surgery on his right knee for the third time since 2020. “The worst is behind me. I look forward to the continuation“, noted the man with 20 Grand Slam titles. He hopes to resume physical training and return to the tennis courts as soon as possible,”but it still requires a little patience“.

Play the Laver Cup in London
The Laver Cup in Boston (September 24 to 26) will therefore have to do without its instigator. “It hurts a lot, of course“. But the ”Master“ has his eyes already on the 2022 edition to be held in London. ”One of my goals is to really get back to it to come back and hopefully compete in the Laver Cup in London next year.“

The interview with Eurosport - Monday, September 20, 2021:

Cromar
Cromar

Márcia, slaie_thuin and Rosaline like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:40 pm

That's when it all started... 24 years ago!!  Cheering  Clapping Hands

Another era or two!   Oh My!

THEN...

RF Tennis News 2021 - Page 11 E_5I-swVkAkmZgQ?format=jpg&name=small

AND NOW!   Hee hee

RF Tennis News 2021 - Page 11 E_5pN6bVEBAbHp9
Cromar
Cromar

slaie_thuin and Rosaline like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosaline Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:52 pm

So of course someone had to tweet that the top 5 then "sounded like weak competition". One of those more grumpy ND fan perhaps?!

Rosaline

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:08 pm

There will always be ignorant people in this world! Facepalm
Cromar
Cromar

Márcia, slaie_thuin and Rosaline like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Hefty Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:48 pm

Cromar wrote:There will always be ignorant people in this  world! Facepalm
Indeed. All five of those guys won major titles.

Hefty

Rosaline likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosaline Mon Sep 27, 2021 1:01 pm

No question many who sneer at Roger's earlier opponents never watched the matches, never watched those other players earlier, never understood their quality. So it's not surprising I ask such insulting types just what they actually know about tennis! I'm always tempted to say more such as when did you start watching tennis, etc. And even more I want to ask that when they sneer at Roger for winning so much until of course Saint Novak turned up and never stops beating him as though Roger is rubbish etc etc!!! 

But really that's ND's fans dissing ND by suggesting Roger isn't any good, and it has also worked against ND so that so many of Roger's fans turned against ND, which was not really fair on ND. I was really moved when I learned (I didn't watch), how the USO crowd got behind ND in the final and it drove him to real tears that finally he had the love. During the LC, you may have heard the comms talking about this nd how they wondered if in fact all that love for ND and willing him to win the CGS had in fact distracted him so that he couldn't concentrate so well on trying to win. 

My view on that is what's best, to win the CGS and be hated even more by Roger's fans or to lose and get all that love he has so craved. IMO he was getting a lot of that love because they saw he was losing. It is exactly the same as when Roger lost Wim 2008. He said afterwards that it had brought him a lot more fans, and people suddenly realised he had emotions, he could lose, and many who'd bean bored with his winning all the time realised he was human. I still haven't watched any of that USO final but I might sometime if it's available. I do sympathise with ND over this love thing - he makes too much of it, he's too needy, which I blme entirely on his parents talking nonsense about him and not teaching him the wisdom that Roger and Rafa had dinned into them by their parents. But all the players deserve "love".

Rosaline

Hefty likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Hefty Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:21 pm

Rosaline wrote:No question many who sneer at Roger's earlier opponents never watched the matches, never watched those other players earlier, never understood their quality. So it's not surprising I ask such insulting types just what they actually know about tennis! I'm always tempted to say more such as when did you start watching tennis, etc. And even more I want to ask that when they sneer at Roger for winning so much until of course Saint Novak turned up and never stops beating him as though Roger is rubbish etc etc!!! 

What drives me crazy, and seems to never get mentioned, is that the vast majority of their matches have occurred during the back half of Roger's career.  Yet he's supposed to keep beating a guy who is 6 years his junior!

For anyone who disses Roger's achievements, I have two stats that (for me) encapsulate his dominance and brilliance:

247-15

Those on this forum know what those numbers represent: the highest peak and greatest period of dominance in tennis history.  A peak that occurred before Novak Djokovic was much of a factor.

Hefty

slaie_thuin and Rosaline like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosaline Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:43 pm

I doubt we'll ever persuade Roger's "ignorant" critics (ie the late comers)  that they are wrong. They don't want to be wrong. 

Splendid stat to quote, indeed. And of course that ND is so much younger. If Roger had retired when so many players did in the past, around age 30, we wouldn't have these issues now even though Roger would have less majors and ND might have more. 

So it is partly that Roger is one of the new type of player, in the transition period, playing on into his late 30's. What will be interesting now is to see if ND can be as successful in his late 30's as Roger has been, or whether ND will be pushed aside now by the Medvedev-etc generation.  Daniil has said there is no chance of him making No.1 past ND this year and we can but wait and see. 

Also 2020-21 have been such unusual years with stats being managed differently and giving some bizarre results at times, IMO.

Ros

Rosaline

slaie_thuin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ph∞be Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:47 pm

Nice article:

Roger Federer: ‘Emma Raducanuʼs run has been incredible, but there is too much pressure on herʼ | British GQ

https://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/sport/article/roger-federer-emma-raducanu-2021

RF Tennis News 2021 - Page 11 WKksMQvE?format=jpg&name=small
ph∞be
ph∞be

slaie_thuin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum: