Roger Federer Forum
Only members can read the topics or post on this forum.

Please login or register as a new member. It's free... and may you find some old friends!
Roger Federer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2018 ATP Rankings & Schedule

+10
Steerpike60
striker
tvradke
StrongerThanAll
MaxUS
HeartoftheMatter
Kemik
Cromar
oldlady
Márcia
14 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Normal 2018 ATP Rankings & Schedule

Post by Cromar Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:42 pm

Thanks to your great feedback Thumbs up , here is the new 2018 edition of the Rankings Charts.

After such an amazing 2017 year, the upcoming season could be a real challenge for both Roger and his fans. With so many great results and tons of points to defend, it is reasonable to expect that Roger will not have a repeat of his last-year extraordinary performance and that, as a result, he may not maintain his current ranking.

However, as long as Roger can remain healthy and continue to enjoy his tennis, and have decent results going deep in many of the tournaments he participates in, it will be another season to cherish and enjoy. His performance at the AO will give us an indication of what to expect and most likely set the tone for the rest of the season, as it did in 2017.  Cheering  

This year's chart is very similar to the one from last year, barring some slight color changes - just to keep it interesting!  Smile

One real positive, this year, is that the 2018 ATP schedule is exactly the same as last year, so no 'out-of-sequence' drop dates, which makes it much easier to figure out the rankings after each tournament. Two tournaments have been replaced, however, both ATP 250: In January, the Tata Open in Pune, India has replaced Chennai and in February, Memphis has been relocated to Long Island, New York and is now called the New York Open.

As for the schedule of the players (first column), seeing that very few publish their playing calendar now a days, I used their last year schedule, except for the first six weeks which are based on the published entry lists.

Here's to a great and fun fill 2018 season! Group hug

2018 ATP Ranking Chart #1 (18 Dec 2017)

- Roger N° 2

1/3: 2018 Ranking Chart #1 - Players 1-6

2/3: 2018 Ranking Chart #1 - Players 7-12

3/3: 2018 Ranking Chart #1 - Players 13-18

Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Normal Re: 2018 ATP Rankings & Schedule

Post by Márcia Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:49 pm

cromar, NOW I can believe 2018 is near Wink Gif Thank you!
Márcia
Márcia

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:49 pm

Hee hee Yes it is!
Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:43 am

You may find this useful... Note that the ATP 'ical' file contains the ATP schedule for the last six years (2013-2018). I imported it in a new calendar in Outlook (so I wouldn't mess my own calendar!) and it worked fine.

Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Normal AO 2018 - Round-by-Round Chart

Post by Cromar Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:36 pm

Round-by-Round Chart for the AO 2018.

The players are listed in order of their points at the start of the tournament, this means after deduction of the 2017 points they are defending.

The chart shows that Roger could become No 1 if he wins the title and Nadal doesn't reach the QF. Otherwise, Roger will remain No 2 after the AO (regardless of his result), seeing that the next players in line (Zverev and Dimitrov) are both over 3000 points behind Roger.

(Also posted in the AO 2018 thread)
Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by oldlady Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:15 am

^^^
Thank you very much Cromar!
I do prefer all your charts and schedules as you do them for us.
They are much clearer than all the others!
Much appreciated and Go Roger!!!
oldlady
oldlady

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:03 am

That's getting pretty close!  Cheering  More to come later...

2018 ATP Rankings & Schedule DUqaV-AUQAA9Z0h

Great pic! Love it
Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:35 am

Nº 1 ON THE LINE!

Currently, Roger is 155 points behind Nadal, and as Nadal is not playing this week, Roger just needs to reach the SF (180 points) in Rotterdam to take over the Nº 1 ranking on Monday Feb. 19.
That would make him the oldest Nº 1 in the history of the ATP.  Sunny

Unless Roger wins Rotterdam (in which case he would be guaranteed to remain Nº 1 until IW), Roger's Nº 1 fame could be short lived since Nadal is scheduled to play in Acapulco in two weeks from now, at which time he could regain the Nº 1 position, if he is able to defend his 2017 result (Final - 300 points). Also, as Roger is not scheduled to play Dubai (the same week as Acapulco), he will lose 45 points (from last year) at that time.

This all means that, depending on Nadal performance, Roger could still clinch the Nº 1 ranking after Acapulco (if he fails to do so in Rotterdam), or be sent back to Nº 2. This is what the chart below is set to show: Roger and Nadal possible ranking after Acapulco, based on their respective results. The numbers show Roger's point advantage, or shortfall (minus), over Nadal.

Roger Base Advantage (prior Acapulco): + 100 points

• Roger has currently 9605 points and will lose 45 points for Dubai 2017 = 9560 points net
  • Nadal current points: 9760, minus 300 points to defend in Acapulco     = 9460 points net

In other words, as shown on the chart, if Nadal just matches whatever Roger's result is in Rotterdam, Roger will be ahead by 100 points (framed). Another example, if Roger reaches the SF in Rotterdam and Nadal gets to the Final in Acapulco, Rogers will go back to No 2 with a shortfall of -20 points! Crying

Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Normal New World # 1

Post by Cromar Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:16 am

Goat cartoon  King Crown     HE DID IT!     No1 Trophy  Love Eyes
 Cheering  Champagne  Balloon

2018 ATP Rankings & Schedule No_111

2018 ATP Rankings & Schedule DWOxyE6WAAEBmqI
Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:41 am

ESPN Stats & Info‏

Roger Federer defeated Robin Haase 4-6, 6-1, 6-1 in the Rotterdam QF's and will become the oldest player to claim the No. 1 spot in the ATP Rankings at age 36 next Monday.

Roger Federer will regain the No. 1 ranking for the first time since November 4, 2012.
The gap of 5 years and 106 days is the longest gap between stints at No. 1 since the inception of the ATP Rankings in 1973.

@ESPNStatsInfo · Feb 16   Twitter
Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by Kemik Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:06 pm

Now, with the Rotterdam title, Roger is guaranteed to be No. 1 in the ATP Rankings till at least the end of the Indian Wells Masters, no matter what Nadal does in Acapulco. If I am not mistaken, this means at least 4 weeks at the top, thus making totally 306 weeks as the ATP No. 1?
Kemik
Kemik

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:45 pm

Yes, you are right, Kemik. Roger will be No 1 until IW, at least, so he will add 4 more weeks to his record... and hopefully more, who knows! Smile
Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by HeartoftheMatter Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:16 am

No surprise, but the kind of achievement that only a man like Roger could accomplish, together with the GS, and all the other records. So fitting, so right, so well earned.
UP UP ROGER! CONGRATULATIONS AND BRAVO DO NOT EVEN SUFFICE! As I said, it is so fitting, like hands and gloves, angels and halos, heros and laurels.

You add to my days, even when it is grey, gloomy or empty.

HeartoftheMatter

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:32 am

Wow! How good does that look!   No1 Trophy King Crown Balloon Champagne Cheerleader

2018 ATP Rankings & Schedule Rf1_at11
Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxUS Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:36 am

^^Such a glorious sight! Love Eyes I just can't get enough of looking at the 5-digit number; it reminds me so much of the old school rankings chart where Roger was untouchable by consistently laying down those kinds of results. That he's been able to do it with only counting 12 tournaments (11 if we discount the anomaly of carrying a 0 pointer in Stuttgart) is mind-boggling.

I keep harping on it, but I'm glad that Roger is still considering playing in Dubai because I absolutely want him to play with no pressure to defend Miami if he chooses not to do so. It would be so amazing for him to hold on to number 1 throughout the clay season even if he doesn't play (there aren't many points available after Miami for the current #2 to edge ahead of him, should Roger manage to keep his nose in front.)

It's a guilty (greedy) pleasure of mine to see him atop the rankings and such an abhorrence when other players usurp his rightful spot. However, I'm very aware that Roger is not at all motivated to chase rankings willy-nilly and prefers for things to happen organically, if at all, through his results at tournaments that make sense for him to play. As Luthi commented, the #1 ranking is good for an extra boost of confidence, but certainly not worth taking unnecessary chances with health and fitness--I would add: especially at tournaments where Mirka and the kids don't make the trip (two ColdPlay concerts...really, Roger?  Shocked  4am bedtime? Shocked Shocked  )

Nevertheless, I'm happy that he's having fun and staying relaxed and motivated. He said in his post match interview after the Final in Rotterdam, that he's looking forward to being a good dad and spending time with his kids upon his arrival home from clinching the Rotterdam title and securing the #1 ranking. That's the balance of family and career milestones that have been a winning formula since the kids arrived...the results just follow. So, I'm at peace with whatever decision he takes. It's good news that he's made it through another tournament feeling healthy and with no physical issues, beyond being tired.
MaxUS
MaxUS

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum