Roger Federer Forum
Only members can read the topics or post on this forum.

Please login or register as a new member. It's free... and may you find some old friends!
Roger Federer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2017 ATP Rankings & Schedule

+22
Tommymas1
skumars
MaxUS
Rufus1
striker
Aprilp20n
fedled
StrongerThanAll
oldfan
project19
RFfan90
michelle88
tvradke
Kazzie
Márcia
ph∞be
Kop8zky
RogerNo.1
avasbar
Steerpike60
Lil_Jay
Cromar
26 posters

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Normal Re: 2017 ATP Rankings & Schedule

Post by avasbar Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:58 am

Hello again tv !
Yep, there may be a few surprises this year in store, I'm looking forward to it.
WTF and particularly AO have set the tone for others to follow tho I dont expect Wimby to do so this year - they will deliberate a long time ;-) - and with all these #nextgen giants with their power-assisted serves joining the ranks, not to mention plethora of current big servers like JJ and Raonic etc, they may decide to hold off indefinitely.

avasbar

Back to top Go down

Post by michelle88 Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:41 pm

Regarding qualification for the WTF, I think I remember reading somewhere a few years ago that whenever someone wins a Grand Slam they're automatically qualified. Wasn't that the case with some doubles team a couple of years ago? Even if it isn't correct I would be surprised if Roger wouldn't qualify. If he stays healthy I believe he's going to have a great year. I doubt that the AO will be the only tournament win we'll celebrate Wink Gif
michelle88
michelle88

Back to top Go down

Post by RFfan90 Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:43 pm

michelle88 wrote:Regarding qualification for the WTF, I think I remember reading somewhere a few years ago that whenever someone wins a Grand Slam they're automatically qualified. Wasn't that the case with some doubles team a couple of years ago? Even if it isn't correct I would be surprised if Roger wouldn't qualify. If he stays healthy I believe he's going to have a great year. I doubt that the AO will be the only tournament win we'll celebrate Wink Gif

The best 7 Player in the ranking are qualified for the event.
the last spot is for the best ranked Grand Slam winner outside the top 8 but inside the top 20 or if all ot them are already qualified the spot is for the 8th ranked player
RFfan90
RFfan90

Back to top Go down

Post by project19 Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:25 pm

Just want Roger to be in top4 by the time Wimbledon starts
project19
project19

Back to top Go down

Post by oldfan Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:38 pm

^^^
He is well on his way. Number 9 this morning, and no points to defend until Monte Carlo. If he gets decent results in IW and Miami, I expect him to be in top 4 before the clay season starts.
on another note, I'm very pleased to see Coach K and tvradke have joined us. welcome.
oldfan
oldfan

Back to top Go down

Post by StrongerThanAll Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:30 pm

Do you think Roger will get a higher seed at Wimbledon with this results the last 3 years?
StrongerThanAll
StrongerThanAll

Back to top Go down

Post by RFfan90 Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:23 pm

StrongerThanAll wrote:Do you think Roger will get a higher seed at Wimbledon with this results the last 3 years?

the result of 2014 doesnt matter for 2017
Roger has chances to get a higher seed this year, but it depends how big the gap is.
If Wimbledon takes the ranking of today, I think Roger would be seed 5th or 6th, they add 720 points for the semifinal last year and 900 points (75%) for the final 2015 to his actual points
Nadal and Nishikori had bad results in Wimbledon, because of that they get only a little additional amount of points
RFfan90
RFfan90

Back to top Go down

Post by StrongerThanAll Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:20 pm

RFfan90 wrote:
StrongerThanAll wrote:Do you think Roger will get a higher seed at Wimbledon with this results the last 3 years?

the result of 2014 doesnt matter for 2017
Roger has chances to get a higher seed this year, but it depends how big the gap is.
If Wimbledon takes the ranking of today, I think Roger would be seed 5th or 6th, they add 720 points for the semifinal last year and 900 points (75%) for the final 2015 to his actual points
Nadal and Nishikori had bad results in Wimbledon, because of that they get only a little additional amount of points

Thanks for the info, I appreciate it.

Looks like Roger can spend some time gaining points through the next little while not defending much at all. If he improves the ranking by Wimbledon he might get a little help there as well from the last 2 years results.

It will be fun now to see how high in the rankings he can get himself back too after #18 happened, and maybe some pressure is off.
StrongerThanAll
StrongerThanAll

Back to top Go down

Normal 2017 Rankings Chart - #1

Post by Cromar Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:00 pm

Finally!... Cheering  Here is the 2017 Rankings Chart!

This 2017 edition has been a bit of a mouthful, as Roger slipped down the rankings to N° 17, I had to extend the coverage... to 20 players!  Wink Gif So, I decided to split the chart in three sections of 6 players to have each chart fit on the screen, at least on most wide-screens. And even though Roger is back up to the Top 10, I will still post the third section (Players 13-18), as a bonus!  Razz

Regarding Roger's schedule, I haven't excluded any of the Masters yet, although Roger indicated that he is undecided as to which clay tournaments he will play, besides Roland Garros (must read that he may skip anyone, or all, of MC, Madrid or Rome).    

Now to Roger's ranking, he is currently N° 10, and he even went up to N° 9 for a couple of weeks, but Tsonga's recent great form, winning both Rotterdam, and Marseille last week, has propelled him up four spots to N° 9, ahead of Roger. However, Tsonga will most likely have to give back some of his gain as he is not playing this week, while all the others within that group are either in Dubai or Acapulco.

And talking about that group, that is N° 7-12, it is an extremely tight bunch. If you look at the rankings "Gaps" at the bottom of the chart, you will see how close these guys are, with a total of only 245 points separating the N° 7 from the N° 12 (that an average of 49 points between each of them)! Shocked So, for the near future, expect constant movements amongst them. And the next group (13-18) is not too different either.

If Roger has a good tournament in Dubai and can at least reach the SF (if not win! Love it), he would pass Tsonga, and maybe move up one or two more spots, depending on what Cilic, Thiem or Goffin manage to achieve in Acapulco. Thiem is the defending champion in Acapulco, while Roger has no points to defend in Dubai as he didn't play last year.        

However, Roger best chances for a fairly significant move up the rankings will come at the Masters in IW and Miami, with 2000 points up for grab, and again no points to defend, although, the more he progresses, the steeper the climb will become. But Roger did spend last summer climbing the Swiss mountains, after all!... so we know he is well prepared.   8)    

After this unbelievable, surreal, extraordinary start of 2017 - # 18! King , I am really looking forward to this season. Sunny
Excitement is back in the air!  Cheering

2017 ATP Ranking Chart #1 (27 February)

- Roger N° 10

1/3: 2017 ATP Ranking Chart #1 - Players 1-6

2/3: 2017 Ranking Chart #1 - Players 7-12

3/3: 2017 Ranking Chart #1 - Players 13-18

Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by Kop8zky Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:41 pm

Cromar - what a treat! Thank you very much for your effort - it is amazing!
Kop8zky
Kop8zky

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:08 am

Thanks, Kopetzky, appreciate!  Very Happy   It was a lot of work! Razz
Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by Márcia Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:13 pm

Oh my, and I did not say thank you, cromar. Great great job!
Márcia
Márcia

Back to top Go down

Normal IW 2017 - 'Round-by-Round' Chart

Post by Cromar Fri Mar 10, 2017 9:22 pm

Not to forget good old habits, here is the 'Round by Round' Chart for Indian Wells 2017.

Considering Roger's ranking (10) and seeing how close the players around him are, I have expanded the Chart to the Top 12 players.

Having no point to defend in Indian Wells (he didn't play here last year, as we all know!), Roger is actually starting the tournament in 8th position. On the Live rankings, after deduction of the points from last year, Roger moved ahead of Tsonga and Thiem, but just barely... He has only 5 more points than Tsonga! Wink Gif So, for Roger to maintain that position, he will need to do better than those behind him (or at least match their result).

If, however, Roger was to win the tournament, he would move to N˚ 6, passing Cilic and Nadal (who is in the same Quarter, as we know!  Evil / Very Mad). And if Roger reaches (only!) the Final, he could move up to N˚ 7, provided the name of the winner is neither Tsonga, Thiem or Monfils (all in the other half of the draw).

I hope that this 'draw of death', as it is being described, will get Roger's adrenaline going and bring out enough of his killer instinct to win a few matches here in Indian Wells.  Smile  

Murray is set to increase his already healthy lead (2215 points) over the N˚ 2, as he only gained 45 points here last year, while Djokovic is the defending Champion. Stan and Nishikori will probably remain in their current 3rd and 4th position, while Raonic moved back to N˚ 5 as he withdrew due to a hamstring injury (again!). Forgive the pun, but it does hurt as he had reached the Final here last year! Milos could even drop back to N˚ 6 if Nadal reaches the Final. (Oh, please, no!).

That's it. Enjoy the chart, and the tournament!  
Allez Roger!... Surprise us again!  We like it! Sunny

Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by Márcia Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:40 pm

wooohooooooo!!!!!!! Thanks, cromar!
2017 ATP Rankings & Schedule - Page 2 Happy-dancing
Márcia
Márcia

Back to top Go down

Post by fedled Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:18 pm

^^Cromar, as always I am in awe at your expertise but more so now that you've had to include more detail than ever. Thank you for these.
fedled
fedled

Back to top Go down

Post by fedled Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:34 pm

^^Cromar, as always I am in awe at your expertise but even more now that you've had to include more detail than ever. Thank you for these works of art.
fedled
fedled

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum