Roger Federer Forum
Only members can read the topics or post on this forum.

Please login or register as a new member. It's free... and may you find some old friends!
Roger Federer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2017 ATP Rankings & Schedule

+22
Tommymas1
skumars
MaxUS
Rufus1
striker
Aprilp20n
fedled
StrongerThanAll
oldfan
project19
RFfan90
michelle88
tvradke
Kazzie
Márcia
ph∞be
Kop8zky
RogerNo.1
avasbar
Steerpike60
Lil_Jay
Cromar
26 posters

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Normal Re: 2017 ATP Rankings & Schedule

Post by fedled Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:34 pm

^^Cromar, as always I am in awe at your expertise but even more now that you've had to include more detail than ever. Thank you for these works of art.

fedled

Back to top Go down

Post by avasbar Thu Mar 16, 2017 3:57 pm

Rog already at #7.

2017 ATP Rankings & Schedule - Page 3 Screen10
avasbar
avasbar

Back to top Go down

Post by Aprilp20n Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:48 am

Just checked live rankings and really surprised that ND sill has 8000+ points, while in the race he's #14 with less than 1000 points. I thought he didn't win much after RG last year? So he must have a hell lot of points to defend from now to RG. Wow by this rate he could go out of top10 pretty soon.
Aprilp20n
Aprilp20n

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:12 am

avasbar wrote:Rog already at #7.

The early exit of Cilic has allowed Roger to move up to No 7 sooner than expected. However, there is still Thiem to watch for... if he wins tonight against Stan?

But, at least, we can now hope for a better draw in Miami, as Roger will definitively be seeded within the top 8. Smile
Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:05 am

Aprilpoon wrote:Just checked live rankings and really surprised that ND sill has 8000+ points, while in the race he's #14 with less than 1000 points. I thought he didn't win much after RG last year? So he must have a hell lot of points to defend from now to RG. Wow by this rate he could go out of top10 pretty soon.

4610 points to be exact (up to and including RG), and 3830 for the rest of the season. That's a lot, for sure. You can see the details of those points on the Rankings chart higher up on this page.

Unless Wawrinka goes on a winning rampage for the next while, Djokovic's No 2 position looks pretty secured until about Madrid, Then, things could start going sour pretty quickly if ND continues on this slump.
Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by avasbar Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:39 am

Don't forget folks - he was double Andy's points at one stage and 3x more than anyone behind Andy.  He was so far ahead it was sick.  Well, I was sick anyway. Laughing

Can we look forward to Roger overtaking him to #2 by the back end of the year?? Laughing Razz
avasbar
avasbar

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:05 pm

Let's be greedy! Why not shoot for passing Andy as well?... No 1 sounds better than No 2! :lol!:
Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Normal MIami 2017 - 'Round-by-Round' Chart

Post by Cromar Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:06 pm

'Round-by-Round' Chart and Graph for Miami 2017   (Masters 1000)

Out of the top 12 players, four are missing in Miami: Murray, Djokovic and Monfils withdrew due to injury, and Tsonga is absent, but for a good cause... He is about to become a father!   Love it

As a result, Stan is the N˚1 seed here in Miami, and Roger N˚4.  As far as who will make some headway or loose a spot or two in the rankings, it's hard to tell, they are all so close! And looking at their points, there is one very strange things, they are all in pairs!:

N˚ 4-5  Roger/Raonic are five points apart
N˚ 6-7  Nadal/Nishikori are also just five points apart, and
N˚ 8-9  Thiem/Cilic are tied with the same total!  

Never seen something like this before! Shocked

Stan is unreachable at this time and will remain N˚3 after Miami. As for Roger, if he wins the tournament (no, not again! Very Happy), he would become N˚4 (his starting position here). If he reaches the Final, he could be N˚4, or N˚5 if either Raonic, Nadal or Nishikori is the winner. Roger is currently N˚6 in the Rankings and if he loses early here, he could fall back to N˚7, or even N˚8, but that's unlikely.

A note on Nishikori, who is in a difficult position here as the defending runner-up, the only one with any significant points to defend (600 points) and the reason why he is starting the tournament in 7th position.

Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by Márcia Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:44 pm

Thanks, Cromar.I love following it.
Márcia
Márcia

Back to top Go down

Post by RogerNo.1 Sun Mar 26, 2017 7:30 pm

Roger's now #4 in the Live Rankings. Cheering

2017 ATP Rankings & Schedule - Page 3 Screen15
RogerNo.1
RogerNo.1

Back to top Go down

Normal Rankings & RACE as of Apr 3, 2017

Post by Cromar Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:13 pm

Here are the ATP Rankings and RACE listings for the Top 16, as of Apr. 3, 2017.

With his win in Miami yesterday, Roger moved from No 6 to No 4 in the new ATP Rankings. Do I need to mention that Roger was No 17 just two and half months ago!!! Isn't it just unreal what our man did since the beginning of the year!  King  Sunny    

And, of course, in the RACE, he is way ahead of any one else, almost double the points of his next rival. But things can change quite quickly...

In the Rankings, Roger should remain No 4 until Madrid, at least (unless Raonic wins Monte-Carlo). However, as Roger will not be in MC, and is not expected to play either Madrid or Rome, his ranking could unravel (somewhat) before RG. It will depend, in part, on whether the big boys (namely Murray, Djokovic and Stan) will be back in working their way into the final rounds of the upcoming Masters, or whether it will be mainly the 'New Gen' behind Roger (and some not so new) who will be climbing up the ladder.

Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by avasbar Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:48 pm

Let us hope it is the latter Cromar.

strange that we are hearing so little from or anout our #1&2.

OTOH just shows- who cares!
avasbar
avasbar

Back to top Go down

Post by tvradke Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:26 pm

Not to impose but can you perhaps do a chart showing how many points players are defending through to Roland Garros? Roger will get to Paris with 5035 pts unless he decides to play one of the prep events. I reckon that Nadal, Murray and Djokovic are probably defending the most points going into RG given their results last year. That way we know how many points each player needs to bump Roger down the rankings. I kinda want Roger to stay in the top 5 going into RG because I want him seeded in the top 4 for Wimbledon. So it can be instructive to me on who I cheer for in this clay season.

tvradke

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:50 pm

Yes,  tvradke!  Any positive influence we can have to keep Roger in a good spot for Wimby will be of utmost importance!  Very Happy

I will post the updated Rankings Charts soon (where you can see the points to defend), but will also do a graph of their status, with minimum and maximums, and points to defend, up to Wimby.  Stay tune!
Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:21 pm

Sorry got a bit delayed, had some issues with Photobucket who deleted several of my previous charts/images. Luckily I have copies! Rolling Eyes
Had to re-upload to avoid holes in my posts here!
Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Normal Status Graph - Pre-Wimbledon 2017

Post by Cromar Wed Apr 05, 2017 5:22 pm

Here is the promised graph: ATP Ranking Points Projection prior Wimbledon 2017

A pretty loaded graph!  8) But let me explain...

First, it covers 18 players, a lot for a graph of this kind, but they are so close to each other that any one of them could potentially have an impact on Roger's rankings.

Secondly, in order to get a feel of Roger's position for Wimby seeding, the numbers included in this graph cover the period 'Pre-Wimbledon', namely from now until the tournament prior to Wimbledon. (e.g. Wimbledon 2016 points to defend are not included in those numbers).

There are six separate series of numbers (lines of cones):

1. Yellow: Points to defend till prior to Wimby (post Halle/Queen's).  
  2. Red: Current RACE - Not so important here, but looks good for Roger!  Smile
  3. Pale purple: Minimum points - Points they will have if they don't play or win anything until Wimby. (Points to defend deducted)
  4. Purple: Current Ranking (Just as an indicator)
  5. Light green: Limited maximum points, I call it - Points they will have if they win every tournament they play, except without any win at Masters (max. 600 points credit), and max. QF at RG. Only a few can get those top results, so this give us an idea what results the majority of this gang can hope for.
  6. Green: Maximum points - Points they will have if they win every tournament they play (no limitation).

I have drawn two lines to show where Roger would fit against the others:

1. Purple cone: If he doesn't play RG (or loses his first match!), but makes the SF in both Stuttgart and Halle (essentially just defending his 2016 points: Rome 90, Stuttgart 90, Halle 180).
  2. Light green cone: If he reaches the QF at RG and wins both Stuttgart and Halle.
    Evidently, if he wins all three, we would be laughing (no line needed!)  Cheering

As far as making pronostics about Roger's potential ranking prior Wimby?...  I will let you chew this graph and provide your own views and forecast!  Very Happy
I find the field a little too crowded to venture in there myself !  Razz  

Enjoy!

Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum