Roger Federer Forum
Only members can read the topics or post on this forum.

Please login or register as a new member. It's free... and may you find some old friends!
Roger Federer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RF Tennis News 2020

+19
Lil_Jay
Rufus1
Thandi
norinchi
Cheadlebeagle
tvradke
H.Z.
mariah1
UES
Sherl
Marly 103-20
federerworshipper
Fedexpress09
TuTi_fanofRFed
Márcia
ph∞be
HeartoftheMatter
Steerpike60
Cromar
23 posters

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Go down

Normal Re: RF Tennis News 2020

Post by Cromar Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:42 am

Great to see Roger near a tennis court again!  Sunny Smile

Especially with such rich fall colors as background...

GC Tennisclub - cbgolfcoaching  Instagram  
Great morning watching practicing Roger...???????????? 24 Oct 2020

Note: This club has hard surface outdoor courts as well (on the right), so Roger wasn't practicing on clay, as the picture might imply!  Wink Gif  

RF Tennis News 2020 - Page 8 ElRjcntU0AAzqZ1?format=jpg&name=small

RF Tennis News 2020 - Page 8 ElRYeQFXEAAyVjW?format=jpg&name=small
tennis_point_schweiz

Oct 26 - From Brian  Switzerland (@camerlengo73_2) on Twitter:

Roger Federer was sighted practicing in Switzerland last Saturday (at another club), indoors on similar surface as the AO!  That‘s it! Nice day! #federer

Cromar

Sherl and slaie_thuin like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HeartoftheMatter Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:29 am

This gives me strength! Wink Gif

HeartoftheMatter

Back to top Go down

Post by federerworshipper Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:09 pm

Go Go Roger.... But let that hair grow pleeeeeeease. Such a brutal haircut. 
I
federerworshipper
federerworshipper

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:47 pm

Basel time, just a year ago...

RF Tennis News 2020 - Page 8 Basel_19

This time last year (Oct. 27), Roger was celebrating his 10th Basel trophy. A remarkable and emotional moment!

Somehow it feels like a century ago to me... Wink Gif Missing you, Roger!  Embarassed Love it

RF Tennis News 2020 - Page 8 Basel_18

RF Tennis News 2020 - Page 8 ElQsBstWoAEusTj

RF Tennis News 2020 - Page 8 Basel_21

And pizza time, of course!...

RF Tennis News 2020 - Page 8 EICCOkGX0AA63rc

Cromar
Cromar

Sherl, striker, Marly 103-20 and slaie_thuin like this post

Back to top Go down

Normal Duplicated post....

Post by HeartoftheMatter Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:31 am

A wonderful moment, or moments. I always really liked that the ballgirls and ballboys played such a part in this tournament and were appreciated. A good experience, in my opinion.
Whatever happened....must have touched the wrong key, and this post may be repeated.
And Cromar I do appreciate the special and timely touches, such as this reminder along with the pictures of that special date last year.

HeartoftheMatter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherl Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:09 pm

What a lovely reminder Cromar!!

Think I'll read the match thread!

(and boy I really can't wait to start the next one!! Hurry up 2021!!)
Sherl
Sherl

Back to top Go down

Post by fedled Sun Nov 08, 2020 1:37 pm

Roger having a hit on a beautiful outdoor hard court - Seve posted some photos on his Instagram account ... https://www.instagram.com/severinluthi/tagged/?hl=en

RF Tennis News 2020 - Page 8 2020_610
fedled
fedled

federerworshipper and Marly 103-20 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Wed Nov 11, 2020 7:04 pm

What beautiful scene!  Love Eyes  Roger back on a tennis court with an idyllic fall color background. Thanks fedled!  Smile

A couple more of those beautiful pictures...

Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by cornnn92 Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:06 pm

Roger has decided to skip the AO 2021.

Roger Federer withdrew from the Australian Open while he continues preparing to return to action after two operations on his right knee and a tour absence that will have lasted longer than a year, his agent told The Associated Press.

Tony Godsick — Federer’s long-time representative and CEO of their management company, TEAM8 — said Sunday he is working on putting together a 2021 tennis calendar for the 20-time Grand Slam champion, who plans to get back to competition soon after the year’s first major tennis tournament.

This ends Federer’s streak of 21 consecutive appearances at Melbourne Park, a run that began with his 2000 debut there and includes six championships.

“Roger has decided not to play the 2021 Australian Open. He has made strong progress in the last couple of months with his knee and his fitness. However, after consultation with his team, he decided that the best decision for him in the long run is to return to competitive tennis after the Australian Open,” Godsick said in a statement sent to the AP.

“I will start discussions this coming week for tournaments that begin in late February and then start to build a schedule for the rest of the year,” Godsick said.

The start of the Australian Open’s main draw was delayed by three weeks because of the coronavirus pandemic and is now scheduled to begin on Feb. 8. In other news related to the tournament, Tennis Australia announced that five-time runner-up Andy Murray was given a wild-card entry.

Murray, a three-time major champion and former No. 1, is 122nd in the rankings after going through two hip operations and considering retirement.

The 39-year-old Federer, who has spent more weeks atop the ATP rankings than anyone else but is No. 5 after his hiatus, is currently training in his usual offseason home of Dubai, United Arab Emirates.

The choice to delay his comeback came with input from coaches Severin Luthi and Ivan Ljubicic and fitness coach Pierre Paganini.

https://apnews.com/article/australia-australian-open-coronavirus-pandemic-tennis-roger-federer-3098d6c31058b6244a1e4f4270772ccb?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_medium=AP_Sports&utm_source=Twitter
cornnn92
cornnn92

slaie_thuin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Márcia Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:25 pm

Roger must take all the time he needs to heal completely. I also think that the rules AO stablished because of the coronavirus counted in this decision. Be apart of Mirka and his family for one month certainly was in his mind when deciding to not participate. Roger don't need anymore to be everywhere. He needs to be happy playing, he is never happy when he is far from his family.
Márcia
Márcia

slaie_thuin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by wcr Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:18 am

Agree Marcia. I think Roger's avoiding all the quarantine demands related to the AO and then any delays returning to Europe. I'm sure he's in good health after two operations and all that time to rehab. Should be as good as new. He really doesn't need the quarantine BS at this point in his career.

So now I am on the look out for Jannik Sinner and Iga Swiatek! My two young favorites.
wcr
wcr

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum