Roger Federer Forum
Only members can read the topics or post on this forum.

Please login or register as a new member. It's free... and may you find some old friends!
Roger Federer Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RF Tennis News 2020

+19
Lil_Jay
Rufus1
Thandi
norinchi
Cheadlebeagle
tvradke
H.Z.
mariah1
UES
Sherl
Marly 103-20
federerworshipper
Fedexpress09
TuTi_fanofRFed
Márcia
ph∞be
HeartoftheMatter
Steerpike60
Cromar
23 posters

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Normal Re: RF Tennis News 2020

Post by Márcia Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:02 am

ph∞be, very interesting what you tell about Djokovic's preferences. For me it is normal he is a fan of CR7. As Roger is a fan of Messi.  Wink Gif The arrogance of Djokovic go together with the arrogance of CR7. The genius of Roger and the genius of Messi, their simplicity as persons, go together.

Márcia

Back to top Go down

Post by ph∞be Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:07 am

^^^ Marcia this was exactly what I thought!! And, not knowing anything about Kobe, when I heard that Kobe said that he liked Djokovic best of the 3 and Djokovic said that Kobe had been 'mentoring' him for the last couple of years, needless to say my opinion of Kobe suffered!! But, like you said, it is the Basketball Player (not necessarily the human being) who was exceptional.
ph∞be
ph∞be

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:39 pm

For many, Kobe Bryant was not only an exceptional basketball player, but also a great human being and inspiration, judging from the hundreds of testimonies by his teammates, coaches, tennis players, and many others, who hailed his genorisity and kindness.

Here is the testomony from Naomi Osaka she posted on Twitter on Monday. Very touching...

Yesterday she posted this:

Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:21 pm

Translated from German

COMMENTARY

The astonishment continues - how Roger Federer, as a 38-year-old, manages to keep only his admirers aging

Roger Federer fends off seven match points at the Australian Open and is in the semi-finals. Instead of dreaming of tournament victory, we should be grateful for the emotions Federer gives us. Even if it makes us age.

RF Tennis News 2020 - Page 2 93c44c06-8c51-4d03-95f2-ee170cbf05b0  By Simon Häring (Swiss journalist) - TAGBLATT

Melbourne - 28 January 2020

Even at the age of 38, Roger Federer continues to amaze the tennis world. And there is no end in sight. In Australia, it's happening again. Even before the semi-final against Novak Djokovic, one thing is clear: New, unforgettable chapters have been added to his unprecedented career.

There were times when it was mainly titles and records that amazed Federer. Those days are over. Now it's individual moments, ordinary games, in which his magic suddenly flashes. But the emotions that Federer sparks, with such dramatic victories as at this Australian Open against John Millman or Tennys Sandgren, do not diminish. His performance cannot be overstated. Even if these results will not find their way into the history books of tennis.

Overall: the records. Federer has long since stopped chasing them or clinging to them. He knows that his current record of 20 Grand Slam victories will be surpassed at some point. By his rivals Rafael Nadal or Novak Djokovic. Or both. He is quite relaxed about it. Because, be it big titles or "ordinary" victories, Federer enjoys his remaining moments in the tennis family. With so much talent and passion that it's hard to believe that there is actually a 38-year-old on the tennis court. Sometimes you can't stop feeling that only those who watch him play tennis are ageing.

Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Normal Roger Right Knee Surgery

Post by TuTi_fanofRFed Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:56 am

Roger underwent right knee surgery. Hopefully he can recover well for the grass season.

TuTi_fanofRFed
TuTi_fanofRFed

Back to top Go down

Post by Fedexpress09 Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:25 am

I was not expecting this one...

Not a big deal for the clay season but definitely a pity for Dubai, Indian Wells and Miami 

Let's hope Roger recovers well and finds rhythm to play strong on grass  !

Fedexpress09

Back to top Go down

Post by federerworshipper Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:40 pm

Oh my..  the other knee. Another tough one for Roger. I never wanted him on clay again but injury is going to be sad and frustrating for him. May be it will force him to taste and enjoy retirement and  normal family life for a few months and make him thirsty for competition again. May it fuel him with energy and power to continue on weaving his magic around the globe. He must be on crutches now, our hero  Crying Speedy recovery Champ.
federerworshipper
federerworshipper

Back to top Go down

Post by ph∞be Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:34 pm

I am shocked at this news- we are going to IW again this year and I did wonder if this might be the last time I would see him live. And, now, I won't. But my most heartfelt reaction to this news is not so much that Roger should come back to full health for professional tennis but that he should recover completely so that he can pursue all his other interests- skiing and horsing around with his kids etc. 

He has done this before so he will know what the drill is. It is even likely that he could tell the difference between a strong post surgery Left knee and a slightly unreliable right knee. May the green grass of Halle welcome him back soon.
ph∞be
ph∞be

Back to top Go down

Post by ph∞be Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:04 pm

Some of you may be avoiding the media right now but I do go to some of my favourite places. This article was published in the Guardian
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2020/feb/20/roger-federer-withdraws-from-french-open-after-knee-surgery-tennis

This is how it ends:
For now, tennis trains its eyes on Federer, as it has done since he arrived as a similarly precocious talent in 1998, giving another Argentinian, Lucas Arnold Ker, a decent argument over two sets in Gstaad. For now, Federer is world No3. To nearly everyone who loves the game, he will always be No 1. They want another miracle.
ph∞be
ph∞be

Back to top Go down

Post by Steerpike60 Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:17 pm

Well, I did not see this coming - maybe I should have since there were no signs of Roger practicing in Dubai and the tournament starts next week.

The other knee.  I guess this is a more minor surgery than the left torn meniscus one?  

Maybe he will be back in time for Wimbledon but not sure any kind of '2017 Miracle' is in the cards.  I guess he might still have a Top 10 seed but he's definitely going to drop a bunch of points since he was defending a lot.

Here's hoping the Next-gens step up...
Steerpike60
Steerpike60

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:32 pm

I can only second that!  Thumbs up

@US Open - Feb 20, 2020 - 9:41am

"We can't wait to see Roger Federer back on a tennis court" PrayingLove it

Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:51 pm

This the enlarged timeline of the tweets from the tennis community that you can see on homepage. It's not specifically about Roger, but right now many of the tweets are about Roger, as you can imagine! You can scroll through to view the latest tweets.

Tip: Click on the header of the timelime to scroll, not on the tweets, as that would take you to the Twitter page.

Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by Cromar Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:08 pm

RF Tennis News 2020 - Page 2 ERNm-zuUEAAy7fU?format=jpg&name=large
Cromar
Cromar

Back to top Go down

Post by Márcia Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:16 pm

Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad
Márcia
Márcia

Back to top Go down

Post by Marly 103-20 Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:43 pm

I'm so sad! Facepalm Facepalm Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

but, I believe in Roger! Let's go Champion!
Marly 103-20
Marly 103-20

http://federer080881.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherl Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:18 pm

Very sad.... He was playing so well!! And what are we going to do in the meantime!?

Have a good and speedy recovery, Rog!!!

And may Tennis give you all your wishes on court when you come back!
Sherl
Sherl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum